November 2019 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
November 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 537 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  therealwil78 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 540 total)

• Day 2, London, UK, NFD,

I had an unexpected lunch invitation yesterday ………………. In a pub!!! There’s no guilt about the glasses of Malbec consumed, since I pledged to only drink outside of the house, hopefully that’s it for a while though!!

I’m spending the day with my mum, preparing & freezing some meals for her, I think cooking is in her past now, there was a burnt finger this week which, of course, she doesn’t recall doing. I just need to keep her well stocked to ensure she doesn’t feel the need to cook!!

Looking forward to the rugby this morning, I hope it’s a good one (& a win for England of course!!)

Today should be relatively controlled since I’ll be busy cooking and tomorrow I’m driving to Cambridge to visit family which I’ll make an OMAD day, the key to navigating these NFDs is planning, planning, planning & keeping as busy as possible!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Day 2 – UK – NFD

Morning everyone,

Can’t stop, Rugby World Cup final to watch along with @funshipfreddie and others, hope it’s a great game! No doubt we will be on the edge of our seats, good luck to all.

Yesterday, daft day, weighed in, very happy with new low, then the day went a bit haywire with the runners up game Wales vs NZ (well done New Zealand dominated the game)

Started off with bacon sandwich for breakfast, small home made pizza lunchtime, lite bite early evening, then a few drinks! Mind you, did log all the calories (my OH is good at ‘reminding’ me, in a good way) that and a good Man on a mission walk up the hill etc, so not as bad as it sounds.

This morning thinking …. scales are going to be smirking at me after yesterday …but no ! No movement at all, it just doesn’t make sense sometimes !

Righty, off to the final, well move into lounge!

Have a great day all, take care.

Day 2 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

The rain has stopped and it’s a lovely morning. Having my Dad to visit later so have a lot of driving to do with picking him up and back here so it’s great the weather is better.

Best of luck today both @funshipfreddie and @i-hate-lettuce…..here’s hoping for an exciting final and may the best team win 🍾

Day 2 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

I’ve taken a break from the challenges for the past two months, still maintaining and still a couple of pounds below goal weight but as winter looms the roaring of the carb and sugar dragons has started to bother me so I’ve come back to make sure I don’t lose control.

Bit about me: 60, retired, live in Pembrokeshire with husband and beautiful elderly cat. After a life time of yo yo dieting began 5:2 in July 2017 weighing 159 pounds by May 2018 reached goal of 133 and have maintained since then by continuing to do Monday and Thursday FDs.

Looking forward to a successful November, my aim being to keep on track and as ever drink less wine and more water.

Have a good weekend everyone 🙂

Day 2 USA (Illinois) NFD

Up and down a pound or two is where I am. I can live with that.

@funshipfreddie – just looked at the RSA Rugby score! Yeah for you and your country. That is wonderful. Sorry @i-hate-lettuce … I am sure you’re very proud of England.

@missybear and @fatrabbit – so glad to see you back again. No one needs to remind either of you what a great forum this is with fabulous members.

We have a local college gala this evening with wine and food. Will eat judiciously. This is a first for them, and no one knows just how formal it will be, but hubby wants to wear his tuxedo, so we may be some of the more formal people there. We do it so seldom, it will be fun.

Onward and downward.

@missybear: What an inspiration! I remember well how difficult it was to maintain (and I didn’t, for more than six feeble months in 2016/17!), it’s really good to have you with us.
    @funshipfreddie: So, I hear the South Africans won the game…..oh well. We Brits are obviously much better at Rugby than football, all the same.
    We did well.
    @at: Happy Anniversary for yesterday xx

My last day of slogging on wet deliveries until a week Tuesday. Hooray.
    However, a dangerous time….I need to keep control. I MUST.
    @daffodil2010: We also had a brief interlude of dryness, even some SUN, from about 9.30am till about midday, then back to the usual. Got a soaking as I didn’t finish my round until 1.30pm. My virus is back as well….it sort of went away a bit until yesterday, when I felt worse again. Clogged throat, horrible asthmatic cough, aches, runny nose…

USA Day 2 (already!!)

I am not sure what today will turn out to be. I ate some chicken I bought yesterday and the grocery store and by evening I felt so sick! It must have been bad! Ugh!! Not sure I will be eating very much today. I was up most of the night!! Anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! 🙂

Day 2, California, FD

Warm and sunny for my successful WFD yesterday.. I hit the hiking trails for a bit. I have lots of experience with IF and long term fasts. I am knew to 5:2 Though and this forum is fantastic. In the past I’ve had ten times as many failed fasts as I did successful ones. Yesterday though, every time temptation taunted me, I was able to say “no, you committed to a WFD, now stick to it Or your going to have to own up to it!” It worked wonders. Thank you all for posting details and stories, I’ve read them all and am trying to mentally get to know everyone.

Today I’m going carnivore. There’s a hefty rib eye destined for the grill this afternoon and I’m hoping to stop there. Before that I’m aiming for 40 min HIIT session while I’m nice and fasted. I agree with @fatrabbit staying busy is key, now I’m off to organize the closet!

Day 2 UK NFD

Running to catch up with the waggon, jumping in again for November challenge.

I’m F55, 5’6. Weight crept on with health issues restricting mobility & energy, plus stopping smoking. Started 5:2 with December 2017 Challenge, weighing 180lb BMI 28.9 B41 W36 H45.

Lost 30lbs before a 9-month plateau during which I shape-shifted from UK size 16 to size 12, in total losing 6-7″ from the whole of my fat suit! Balanced around 140-145 for 5 months. Slipped off the waggon the last two months after bereavement and work projects overload; currently 149lb and hoping easy on easy off

I’ve been vegetarian for 30 years, gluten-free for the last 5 years and mostly off processed carbs for 2years. I went vegan for Lent back in March and maintained a plant-based diet. But apparently I’m not planning carefully enough for optimum health – complicated by long-term neuro & muscular conditions. So I’m adding eggs back in and seeing how I go.

I need to undo the quick fixes that become habits when tired – carbs, sugar, distraction and what feels like self-care but really isn’t. Going for a gentle November reset, because I need to go gently in order to make it stick. November goals are daily posts for accountability, practicing the good self-care routine of sleep, adapted yoga and daily meditation, plus solid vanilla 500 calorie 5:2 with Monday & Thursday FDs.

Looking forward to being back in the fold and learning alongside this gathered company of lovely people from around the world.
    @ciren2 thank you for hosting this month – again! You are a start.
    @fatrabbit your journal drew me in when I first stumbled across the forum two years ago – lots to thank you for!

Wishing you all a helpful and hopeful November Challenge. Go gently!

@michelinme: Hello, good to see you back.
    I find the best thing is probably not to stress too much about what you eat, but go gently (as you are) and stay relaxed. Do what you can do, and then try to do a bit extra, healthwise.
    Like you, I suppose I’m pretty much a vegetarian….though not consciously so…it’s just that I’m not much of a meat eater, fish is nicer….but both get stuck between my teeth and hurt my gums! So no particular moral reasoning here, I eat lots of egg-(mayonnaise) and quite a bit of cheese…..but I do love the vegetation! And….of course, the chocolate!!

Day 2 Oxfordshire, UK. CD
    Good FD yesterday needed it after a long journey on 31st. Ate unwisely to keep myself awake.
    Today is a CD because I am out to a book launch tonight. Never been to one before. Both food and drink are promised so I need to be careful. Tomorrow is a family gathering so if I’m careful today I should be ok tomorrow.

Just watched the Dr Fung video recommended by @rabbette back in October. Very interesting, I fully intend to watch some others on YouTube to keep me motivated.

Onward & downward

Starting my 5:2 diet on Monday,Nov.6. Exciting and challenging! Weigh 88kg yoyo with weight and diets! The PLAN – 2 fasts and 3×30 min gym time. I am 65 and used to weigh 64kg many moons away! I am going to a wedding in August 2020 and want to be a svelte 74kg lady with a waist! I hope to be inspired by your stories – the ups and downs and successes too! wt2goIrena

Post 2 of today on day 2

Well done South Africa on winning the Rugby World Cup Final ….. they were the best team on the day, didn’t give England a chance to play or get into the game.

What a fabulous tournament, a joy to watch, true sportsmanship throughout !

@funshipfreddie, hope tomorrow’s hangover isn’t too bad my friend!

Wt2goIrena I am starting FD on Mon 4 Nov. I am 88kg used to be 64kgs and want to lost 14kgs or 30.8lbs by August 2020 when I attend my niece’s wedding. I am going to the gym too (keep my mind off food) for 30 mins. Pat on the back for starting and I join you on Monday!

Day 2- Atlanta, Ga- USA- CD

Good Day to you all. Been under the weather these past few days. I caught strep from one of my students. Feeling much better now. Going to try and get my strength back before going back to work on Monday. So I guess you could say that I’ve had about 4 Fd’s this week due to lack of appetite. LOL!!! I will stay on track this month. The holidays are coming up and I wanna be ready!

@irenak: Welcome to the group. You can do this. Also you have a goal (the wedding) to work towards.
    @therealwil78: Poor you…I hope you will continue to improve and gather strength.

Day 2 – UK – CD

A lazy Saturday morning – also a keen follower of Rugby so spent the morning watching – South Africa were brilliant – they came with a game plan and executed perfectly – they stopped England playing their natural game and wore them out with a very physical game before clinching it with to 2 great tries – well deserved win by 20 points @funshipfreddie – hope you are not celebrating too much 😉

After yesterday’s EFS day managed a very good CD today!

Well I had better share a bit about me for those new to these challenges
    I am a 61 y.o. female, married, with a grown up daughter. Height = 163cm/5ft 4in and I started this WOL on my own in January 2016 – joined the challenges in November 2016 as I had plateaued for around 3 months and then reached maintenance in early December 2016 and have been in maintenance range of 53-55kg/116.8-121.2lbs and a BMI of just over 20 since then! Total weight loss = 22kg/3st 7lbs

I love a range of exercise, currently doing yoga 🙏 which I discovered in November 2015 and it has just been the best thing for me, both physically and mentally. I also do Broga, Pilates, Aerobics and love hiking on the fells in my beloved Lake District ⛰ (I moved here when I retired in 2013) and I also do some volunteering in my local community

Lovely to see some familiar names joining us and to welcome some newbies too!
    @fastingto58kgs @marroni @lindsosa @dahliafan @irenak – I have added you all to the spreadsheet in case you want to use it – lots of support and advice freely given on here
    @doctorscience – is your colleague, @Patient1 joining us? 3.5kg loss per month is excellent
    @songbirdme – Thank you – you are a star……every challenge since it started!!!! I suspect you are the only one left from that original group apart from Coda of course who pops in periodically to see how we are doing! Great job! I started in November 2016 and have participated in every one since, sometimes only partially but have signed up to every one of them too – It has helped me stay in maintenance!
    @snowflake56 @ciren2 – thank you and we did have a fab time celebrating – unfortunately the dinner was not as good as expected but still very enjoyable!
    @fatrabbit – I too have found fasting hugely beneficial for my asthma and reducing my cholesterol levels! The support from these challenges are great for motivation
    @yo-yo-fletch – you just hang on this wagon – we have got you and you are so right in thinking “I need to do this for me” 🤗
    @missybear – lovely to have you back with us and still in maintenance 👍
    @therealwil78 – hope you feel better soon – FD due to ill health is not much fun though

Have everyone is having a lovely weekend – You are all capable of amazing things and in the words of Confucius “IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW SLOWLY YOU GO, SO LONG AS YOU DO NOT STOP”

Day3 UK NFD

Yesterday’s fast day was incredibly easy! I am really well motivated at the moment and sticking to it wasn’t a problem. And this on a rainy day without my usual work to tide me over. I am rather pleased with myself about that. What was up with me before? I hadn’t managed a full days fast for ages.

I feel better already, more energised and hopeful although my asthma was dreadful again and woke me during the night. I suspect it will be at least a few weeks or months before I will see results there, I mustn’t be impatient. My weight is down already to 152.6lbs, a whole lb less than yesterday morning, edging back away from the eleven stone/ 70kg border that I was afraid I was going to cross. Another reason to be cheerful:)

It was a modified fast. After I had fed the animals at about 4:30pm I had a dollop of leftover Carrot and Cauliflower Bean Casserole reheated with about 100g of sugar snap peas, an 80g bag of spinach, rocket and watercress salad with about 100g of pickled beetroot in with it. This is easily under 800 calories but was sufficiently satisfying to tide me over and ticked lots of nutritional boxes. I doubt I would have lost more with a water fast, although I suppose there may have been a few health benefits that I might have gained by it, but also I wouldn’t have had the benefit of all those wonderful vegetables. If my asthma doesn’t improve this month water fasts are something I can try in the future.

Although I wasn’t tempted to eat more I did think about food alot. I find cooking can serve as a surrogate for eating but I had leftovers to finish so I couldn’t cook anything else. Instead I entered a couple of recipes onto my websites which seemed to do the job equally well. And I went on to do necessary work on the Sanctuary website so although it wasn’t a physically active day I was occupied with a useful task which probably helpful me avoid cravings.

I hope this turns out to be a good month for all of us.
    Onwards and downwards…

Day 3: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Well, the start of a week off work, and I can’t help waking up early! That will soon change over the coming days, I’m sure.
    @at: Your story is an inspiring one. I love it that there are a number of successful maintainers on this forum…..it gives the rest of us something to aim for, knowing it can be done.
    I’m starting the month slightly down during October by one kilo, so 61Kg (actually, I must fill myself into the spreadsheet).
    My true and ultimate goal is 52kg, I’m just under 5ft2ins, a real shorty…..but somewhere, ANYWHERE in the fifties would give me great joy!
    My waist is about 3-4 inches (7cm) larger than half my height. So, bad.
    This month, maybe I can reach 60kg, eh??

Have a good Sunday everyone out there xx

Day 3 – South Africa 🇿🇦🏆 – NFD

Woo-hoo!! Yes we did!! What a game?! Thank you @daffodil2010, @songbirdme, @ciren2, @at & @i-hate-lettuce. I think I was only breathing normally for the last 10 minutes 😳. It was such an amazing atmosphere everywhere; the whole country seemed to be wearing green & gold. I really wasn’t expecting a win, to be honest; after England’s flawless performance against the All Blacks. But we did it, and broke a couple of records too! The first team ever to lose a pool game, yet go on to win the final, and the only nation to remain undefeated in a World Cup final🏆

Okay, enough gloating. Back to reality with a FD tomorrow.

@therealwil78 – get better soon. @ciren2 – enjoy your week off!

A happy S🌞nday to everyone.

Day 3 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Yesterday ended up being a other horrible rainy day and then when I collected Dad and in the motorway, traffic was at a standstill due to a collision somewhere ahead and what should have been a 45 minute journey took 3 hours…..aaaargh!

Had a good day in the end, my DH and my Dad put the world to rights over the kitchen table and a roast beef dinner, good family time.

Well done @funshipfreddie, what a great match, hope you can stay on that high for a while 😄

Day 3 – UK – CFD

Morning all,

Big walk this morning, then packing ready for the off tomorrow.

Two weeks away then buckling down to get rid of the holiday weight!

Take care everyone and I’ll soon be back.

Day 3 UK NFD

Day 1 UK NFD
    Day 2 UK NFD
    Day 3 UK FD

HI. Joining November challenge a couple of days in as the end of October was a fasting washout! I did however make my weight loss target of 1.6 kg , mainly in the first part of the month. Thanks to @betsylee for hosting October and @ciren2 for hosting November. My goal for November besides 1.5 kg weight loss, is to stick with 5:2 for the whole month!
    Welcome back@fatrabbitt, I remember your stories from previous challenges! I fell off the wagon while I was away from the challenges and rediscovered almost a stone so it seems this is the way for me to stay focused.
    Looking forward to a good month. Good luck everyone!

Wt2goIrena It is sunny in Spain and spent the morning organising my 1st FD tomorrow. What will it feel like on 500 calories. Going to the gym for bike-elliptical training and some weights. Hopefully can squeeze it all in before taking the car for emissions test. Have a lovely Sunday.

Day 3 Melb Aust NFD
    Day 2 NFD

Ate about 50% over my TDEE both Saturday and today, so FD coming up tomorrow. Very tired, and bothered with a persistent sore throat. That’s okay, it will get better in due time. Heading to bed very soon. Might try a B2B2B Wednesday to Friday, just for a change, too.

Yay! to South Africa @funshipfreddie, but sorry to U.K. rugby fans (such as @i hate lettuce). Pity someone has to lose.

Onward and downwards everyone. Oh, and throw away any remaining Halloween candy! 🙂

Day 3 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Suddenly lost my voice and have a really sore throat, communicating with DH with notes and the cat looks upset because I can’t talk to her. Made for a very controlled eating day yesterday and looks like soup will be on the menu today.

Day 3- Atlanta, Ga- USA CD

@at , @ciren2 , and @funshipfreddie thanks for the well wishes. Planning on taking this week head on. I’m serious about this thing now. Gonna stay on track. I’ve been up and down around 6 to 7 pounds the last few months. I know its because of my lack of focus. I just got back from the market and I only bought fresh leafy greens and chicken and fish. Gonna try and just do salads with a protein this week. Going to brunch in a few hours and I plan to take it easy. Hope everyone has a fabulous week!!!

@mia139: Hello, good to have you.
    @missybear: Aah sounds much like what has happened to my DH this morning….very croaky! He blames me for giving it to him….and has full on man-flu!
    Get well soon….for the sake of your poor cat!

I think there my be a long pocket-list of fasters for tomorrow…many of you are super-keen to get stuck in for November.

Days 2 & 3 NFD UK

Thanks everyone for your interesting background info and stories, hearing about others’ amazing successes (and challenges!) is so helpful. A bit about me, I’m 56 and live in Hertfordshire, about 40 miles north of London, with my husband. We have 2 daughters, one of whom is all grown up and independent and the other is at uni not too far away so still bouncing to and fro for the next couple of years. I have tried fasting maybe 3 times in the last 3 years, and have always followed the same pattern, I keep it going for a couple of months with good results and then I lose focus and just stop. I’m hoping that posting here will keep me on track.

I actually started a week ago and have lost 4lb so far. Mainly water weight I’m sure but encouraging all the same! I have found that planning my fasting days for the week is crucial for me, so I have made a big pan of butternut squash and carrot soup to take to work. I’m also giving up alcohol for November. That didn’t start so well because my husband and I went out for tapas last night as part of our 25th wedding anniversary celebrations and we ended up sharing a bottle of wine. Still, that’s it for the month now.

Looking forward to sharing more stories and supporting each other as the month goes on.

Day 3, California, USA, FD
    @at thanks for adding me to spreadsheet. I want to be apart of it but tech that involves thought repels me and sitting at a computer when thought is necessary triggers my munching reflex. So thank you!

Yesterday’s fast day did not work! Some terrible neighbor dropped off their leftover candy. Considering removing them from my Christmas card list.

Day 3, California, FD

I totally dropped off a cliff at the end of October and then was wondering why no-one was posting anymore…. So I’m signing in for November to continue my maintenance journey.

I am through 7 weeks of strength training and I’m really happy I started this. It’s only 30 minutes twice a week but I can tell my muscles had really become atrophied and I feel much better for doing this.

First fast day of the month and of course I had to pick the day with an extra hour in it!

Since I missed the introductory post here is that part:

I’m a 52 year old woman originally from Gloucestershire and now living in California where it’s warm 90% of the time 🙂 I started this way of life back in December 2018 and it took me about 6 months to get where I needed to go. I felt really good about my weight until I had a biometric scan and discovered I had too much fat and too little muscle. I’m now focused on maintaining my weight but building muscle.

@rafiki44: Which part of Gloucestershire do you originate from? I’m from Cirencester (you should guess!). How did you end up in California?

@ciren2 I grew up in Newnham on Severn, worked at the Land Registry in Gloucester but now all of my direct family live in Ross which is where I visit whenever I come over there.

@ciren2 second part.

Yes I guessed you were from Cirencester! I ended up here because when I was growing up my Uncle was living in Santa Monica, CA and we came to visit him and I loved it here it seemed so glamorous and everything was so….big compared to England. Came back for a vacation on my own when I was 18 and then a year later decided to take a leave of absence from my job for a year and come over to live. Well as you can see I never went back although my uncle did finally move back to England a few years ago. I doubt I will ever go back because I have 2 kids and a spouse.I never realized what it must be like to have your child move to another country until I had children. Luckily mine don’t seem to want to go anywhere.

Day 3 USA (Illinois) MFD

The wine and food flowed freely at our local college Foundation Gala. Making up for it today with a MFD, probably about 900 calories.

@irenak – welcome! I’m 71 y.o. female who started about 88 kg myself. I was content to just lose down to an “acceptable” BMI of 25 with 72.5 kg and maintain that. I do have a waist again, and at my age, too thin means lots more wrinkles.

@missybear – your cat misses you talking? how precious! Sorry for your sore throat – hope it is better very soon.

@dahliafan – welcome to our little band. Might I suggest that you keep accountable DAILY with at least some post? It really helps more than you might know. Happy Anniversary! Silver, 25 years, yeah.

@lindsosa – wow, what kind of neighbors are those? Do they need to hear you aren’t happy with their leftovers? 🙂

Onward and downward.

Day 3 Florida USA MFD @ciren2 Can I be added to the November Spreadsheet? I found the link but I’m not on it. I’m in this group for good! I always do the spreadsheet even if I miss posting here. I was out of the country in October without my laptop so I missed the Spreadsheet then (and gained weight.) Thanks!

Day 4 – Japan – WFD #78

Haven’t been here much because I’m working on code. Computer programming isn’t really compatible with any kind of social life.

Day 3 Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 2 — NFD
    Day 1 — NFD

Please count me in for the November challenge!
    Halloween was not a wise day to choose as a fast day, and I didn’t make it through the candy giving time without succumbing to the sugar monster. Friday I had a very deep acupuncture treatment and was sort of blotto for most of Saturday. The upswing started today so by tomorrow I should be in pretty good shape. This entry is somewhat brief, because I’m still using a very old and erratically slow desktop computer since I don’t have my laptop back from the shop yet. My goal for the month is to get into the middle of my maintenance range before Thanksgiving, just to have some slack as the holiday time starts. The plan now is for tomorrow to be my first fast day of the month.

Have a great start of the work week everybody!

Day 4, Emden Germany, FD
    Day 2 and 3 NFD

@at sorry to hear that, it looked all so delicious.

Pocket list day 4
    @dykask
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 4: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

It’s actually stopped raining!!! For awhile. We’re having such a wet time lately here. I do wish we could send to to you @betsylee!
    @rafiki44: Interesting story of how you got to where you are. My only daughter has gone to Australia, and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if she stays there…
    are you able to put @mogaman on the spreadsheet?
    Spreadsheet stuff is beyond me!
    Ta xx
    Hi @matpi and welcome back.

Day 4 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Let’s do this. I really need this first FD of November because yesterday I just pigged out and knew I was pigging out and didn’t care. Oh dear. However this morning I am bloated and full and not inclined to eat so good for an FD.

I am going to do traditional 500 cal FD’s on Monday and Thursday and very controlled NFD’s during the week with slight leeway at the weekends. Dry till Fri. Keep away from white carbs, crisps and chocolate….they have snuck in to weekends and that is why I am struggling with weight gain.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Pocket List Day 4
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @dykask

Day 4 UK MFD

@Ciren we really have to appreciate dry days at the moment don’t we! Although it is rather foggy here and the trees are still dripping because it did rain in the night. Thank you for hosting thhis month, keeping this wonderful challenge going.

I didn’t get a chance to cook yesterday on my NFD because I had so much work to catch up on because of the rain on Saturday and so only ate one cold meal although I also had some fruit and rather a lot of nuts with chocolate pieces and to my surprise I lost another pound, down to 151.2 this morning. I had another bad night with my asthma though and feel less energetic having eaten more. That continues to surprise me, that food takes away energy rather than gives it! Today I need to bath the guinea pigs as the weather looks set to sink under ten degrees tomorrow and then stay there which means today is the last chance to get it done and they are a bit overdue already. They get horrendously itchy and lose their hair if they don’t have it washed every other month. It is a good opportunity for claw cutting and a good health check too. I just hope I don’t find anything nasty. They are almost all old now and at an age when everything stops working.I

@at great to hear it has helped someone else’s asthma too, helps me trust what I am doing

@songbirdme great to see you still using this wonderful resource, I am so pleased it is still going

Pocket list day 4
    @dykask
    @snowflake56.
    @daffodil2010
    @fatrabbit

Day 4 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

All good intentions went out of the window this weekend. Ditto everything @daffodil2010 said. I even demolished a 450g bag of salted peanuts!😱 I’m going to try to psych myself into doing 4:3 this week. Big reset! We can do this!🍏

Pocket List – Day 4
    @dykask
    @snowflake56.
    @daffodil2010
    @fatrabbit
    @funshipfreddie

Day 4 UK FD

Managed a very good FD yesterday so going for another today and might do tomorrow also. Feeling very motivated this end of the month so aiming to make the most of it!

Good luck to everyone today.

Day 4 UK FD

First FD in a while , just aiming for a straight >500 FD , hopefully set me up for a good week

Day 4 – UK – FD
    Day 3 – NFD

A bit too much of celebrations this weekend – mostly unplanned!!!!! leading to well over TDEE eating and drinking but today is the start of a new week and so an early energetic Broga class to start the day and a 500FD planned to try and undo some of the damage!!!

@ciren2 – Thank you – I always try to remember not to let a bad day/week derail me completely and these forums have always found a way to inspire me and keep me motivated!
    @funshipfreddie – celebrating that win is not gloating and you forgot to say that this was the first time in winning the World Cup that SA managed to score not 1 but 2 tries – they outplayed England so well done to the team!
    @daffodil2010 – a 45min journey taking 3 hrs – how awful but at least you all got home safely
    @i-hate-lettuce – Enjoy your 2 weeks holiday – see you for strong second half of the month
    @mia139 – October was not such a washout as you still managed to drop 1.6kg! – Join me in trying to stick to a basic 5:2 500FD for November
    @betsylee – sounds like we had similar eating pattern over the weekend – I’m adding you to the pocket list for motivation so let us have a strong FD today!
    @irenak – I am also adding you to the pocket list for motivation!
    @missybear – hope that sore throat settles down soon
    @dahliafan – great job in losing that 4lb in your first week – stay strong
    @mogaman – You are on the spreadsheet 🤗
    @snowflake56 – thank you for starting us on that pocket list – I think a few of us need it…..

POCKET LIST – DAY 4

@dykask WFD #78
    @matpi
    @snowflake56.
    @daffodil2010
    @fatrabbit MFD
    @funshipfreddie
    @mia139
    @brightonbelle
    @irenak
    @betsylee
    @at

“Remember your dreams are as hungry as your demons. Make sure you are feeding the right ones!”

Day 4 – Stratford Upon Avon, UK – FD

Back to basics. One day at a time. One meal at a time. I can do this.

POCKET LIST – DAY 4

@dykask WFD #78
    @matpi
    @snowflake56.
    @daffodil2010
    @fatrabbit MFD
    @funshipfreddie
    @mia139
    @brightonbelle
    @irenak
    @betsylee
    @at
    @yo-yo

Day 4- Atlanta, Ga- USA- FD

Had a good day yesterday. Stuck to a controlled day. Kinda Proud of myself for once. Today is a FD for me. Wanna start the week off right. Good day to you all!

Day 4 USA (Illinois) NFD

Controlled day yesterday went well right about 850 calories. Stayed away from the donuts that were at church coffee time! Silver Sneakers today.

@therealwil78 – isn’t it satisfying to make a controlled day!

@fatrabbit – I got to meet @coda and her DH when they came through Chicago on a USA trip a few summers ago. It was wonderful taking them to some local landmarks (Sears/Willis Tower, drive along Lake Michigan, dinner in Old Town) and learning about their lives in NI. Also have met a couple other participants in this group for a meal at various times. This is a wonderful community indeed.

Onward and downward.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 540 total)

You must be logged in to reply.