November 2019 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
November 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 537 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  therealwil78 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 40 posts - 501 through 540 (of 540 total)

• Day 28 UK FD

Happy Thanksgiving to all our US fasting friends

Feeling viral & viscerally miserable today. Felt pretty yuck after my board meeting so skipped the evening function and came home. I suspect it’s a combo of virus, restarting some project work & being thoroughly miserable with politics.

Definitely time for proper self-care – healthy food, meditation, yoga & sleep – if not outright hibernation! I had a bit of a sort through project things & plenty to pick up over the next couple of weeks. Started resenting emails & feeling overhwhelmed – which is a good reason to rest up, recover and set good boundaries. It always astonishes me how much easier things are when our bodies are rested & we’re in a good head space!

Brain not working and every word a struggle so I had a good sort of the freezer instead. As well as meal planning, it’s been a bumper year for soft fruit and my freezer is crammed full, so planning how to use all the wild plums, blackberries & elderberries for Christmas presents. Hoping to make a batch or two of chutney and some fruit vinegars/shrubs this weekend.

We take so much for granted, and often notice only what goes wrong or what we lack. Here’s my heartfelt thanks for this space, gentle days, warm homes & good food x

All you people in USA; enjoy your turkey feast today.
    @michelinme: I hope you perk up soon. Re: politics….I don’t watch the news anymore….I can’t stand it! Roll on the 13th….at least we’ll know our fate.
    Try and have a restful weekend.
    @daffodil2010: As I need a 1kg ankle weight, I asked if anyone had one at work….and, yay, one of my colleagues who is keen on fitness and referees at football as well….says he’s pretty sure he can find one at home and will bring it in for me! More serendipity, eh?

Day 28, Pocket List:

@daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @michelinme

Go, go, GO for it! It’s nearly the end of the month.

Day 28. NFD London
    I’m another one who doesn’t listen to the news anymore. I walk out and do something else when my DH puts it on. I used to be very scornful when people said they didn’t vote, but now I think they might have a point. Except that people died for the right to vote, so we mustn’t squander it.
    FD tomorrow. Definitely. H

Day 29. NFD, Aus

just checking in

Day 29: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

I think the weather is going to be dry today……well, well…
    Yesterday was a very, very busy day on the post. Two lots of election leaflets, all addressed but NOT “walk-sorted” (pre-sorted into order)….so it took ages and AGES to sort them into our frames, as well as the normal mail of course. We had four days to get them delivered, but I, among others, decided to get rid of them straight away, as you never know what we might get clobbered with today, or tomorrow!

@emma-taylor: I agree with you that we MUST vote. Democracies are hard won, and could easily slip away if not actively protected.
    @missybear: If you’re lurking……I hope you’re ok xx
    @penz: Good to see I’m not the first Day 29-er on here!

Right, have to wash up the breakfast things and get off to work.
    See you later xx

Day 29 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Last November FD. I can do this! I’m sure I’ll be down a little for the month. I was only after losing a kilo anyway.

It’s a scorcher here today, going up to 33°C! Rain predicted for the weekend; that should hopefully cool things down.

Happy Black Friday to anyone going bargain hunting 🛒

Pocket List – Day 29 🍏
    @funshipfreddie

Day 29 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Weigh in day and it’s a small kilo loss for the month but anything will do. At least I am on the other side of the 140lb milestone (I use pounds, kilos and stones to throw positivity at my weight 😆)..

It’s a wonderfully clear morning today. Shock after the wettest November in years…and that’s official from the Met office. The two wettest places in Ireland were Dublin Airport, and the 2nd spot was at the tiny weather station just 3km from where I live!!!! So I live near the officially 2nd wettest place in Ireland this November. Boo. I sure hope today will be different and herald in a bright December ☺️

Out for my morning walk, the Stars were so clear, I stopped to take a look, then stood transfixed as not one, not two, not ten, but at least 40 satellites silently crossed the sky from West to East in an almost perfectly dotted line. Just goes to show what’s up there that helps us live our modern lives and that we take for granted in our modern lives and don’t look to see. It was kind of magical I have to say….so silent and clear.

Oh @flourbaby I had to google your 19 Hostages wine as I don’t believe I have tried it…but knowing me and my boozy friends, I may well have!!!

Looking forward to the busy weekend ahead. Putting up the Chrustmas tree tonight, then tomorrow we visit Santa with the Grandaughter, tomorrow evening is my brothers anniversary mass so I will meet up with my family there, then on Sunday I plan to do some Christmas shopping. It’s starting!!!!!

Have a great day all the last of November fasters. If I don’t see you before the end of the month, see you all in December.

Thanks @ciren2 for your gracious hosting, and I sure hope that ankle weight and physio will have you sorted soon.

Day 29 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everybody

Excellent result this morning’s weigh in …. – 2 lbs that put me nearly back at my lowest!

For anyone worried about holiday weight gain etc, that the second cruise this year, first one put on 6 lb, lost it within 2 weeks of being home. This month, got back 2 weeks ago and had put on 8 lb, a couple of extra FD’s thrown in and being extra careful lost 6 of those pounds already. Which is why I just don’t worry any more about the holiday ‘blow out’, in fact the Dragon comes out of the cave and I don’t care!

So to our friends ‘across the pond’ hope you had a great Thanksgiving, don’t worry about the extra helping you might have had, just back on the 5:2 wagon and don’t worry.

Take care all.

Day 29. FD London

Lovely and sunny, and v cold in London today. Just on my way to my watercolour group. Have a good day all. H

Day 29, London, UK, NFD,

It’s the start of a weekend of mindful NFDs!!

I’m running a bit late for my Pilates class, so, have a great day everyone, and I’ll catch-up later today.

Day 29 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

I haven’t posted this last week but I have read the emails from the forum, so thank you for all your kind wishes. I’m OK, obviously preoccupied with arranging the funeral and liaising with solicitor but coping.

Did my last Friday of the month weigh in this morning and saw 128 on the scales, it won’t last, I won’t maintain that low I just haven’t felt much like eating this week.

@ciren2 thank you for hosting November 💐xx

Hope you’re all making progress with your goals and if progress is slow remember 5:2 is a way of life not a race. Just keep on keeping on one day at a time.

Day 29 USA (Illinois) NFD

Off to give my every-8-week pint of blood shortly, so eating a good breakfast. Didn’t overeat yesterday – yeah for that.

Ireland having the horribly wet weather? Wow. Hopefully it will dry out soon!

Onward and downward.

USA Day 29 NFD

A bit of a challenge trying to get into the website today!! Anyway, after yesterday’s mega feast, I think I shouldn’t eat again until Christmas. I ate a little of everything but that was still way more than I normally would eat! In any case, this Thanksgiving was particularly special, since it was my grandson’s very first! I can’t wait to see him on Christmas! Holidays like these are always more fun when children are involved and this little guy is the only baby in the family. For Christmas he is going to make out like a bandit! LOL

Okay fasters! Have a great day! 🙂

Day 29 UK CD

Yesterday morphed into CD rather than FD. Friday weigh day shows me down from Monday’s high of 154lb to 149lb – still 9lb up on September but going in the right direction. And back into the 140s. A good solid start to being back on the waggon.

Still feeling really coldy and tired & don’t seem to be able to shake this. Brain sluggish, struggling to write emails or think clearly at all, not motivated to do anything physical – even my usual yoga or making chutney! But keen to get to Advent Sunday carol service so gentle days & early nights until then.

Lovely DRY and crisp, sunny day today. Haven’t seen one of those for quite awhile! At work, the parcels were a lot, but the mail was not too bad otherwise. It was a good move getting rid of all the election leaflets in one go yesterday as no more came in today.
    @daffodil2010: you can see lots of STARS where you live? How fantastic. There’s too much light pollution round here. At least that’s a compensation for being near the second wettest place in Ireland this month, eh?
    @missybear: I’m so glad you’re still around. It’s a difficult time for you at the moment, especially if you’re arranging the funeral, but you’ll get there xx
    @i-hate-lettuce: Must be such a great feeling to know that you’re in CONTROL…..
    Ha!….if only I was too, but I remain in the lap of the gods, sadly. Tossed about in the seas of fate..
    @funshipfreddie: 33C phew! That’s far too hot for me! But you enjoy it. I hope you’ve reached that kilo you’re after for the month.

Day 29; Pocket List:

@funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor

day 29 Oxfordhsire, UK nfd
    day 28 nfd
    too many nfds before the end of the month!
    yesterday was ok though as we had our monthky ramble, Secret Swindon this time. 10K circular walk of mostly wooded paths from Coate Water park.Then a pub lunch. chose a jacket potato thinking it would be the healthiest option but it came smothered in cheese. Hey ho.
    today Dh wants to try our local pub for food, it was taken over earlier in the year and we havent managed to go yet. Not sure what is on their menu. In preparation I’ve had homemade soup for lunch, so if I choose wisely I might be ok.
    Tomorrow is another day.
    On the plus side, my niece gave birth today, a healthy baby boy, no name yet.
    onward and downward

Day 29 Canada FD

@ciren2 I am so glad you got to see the physio early, now you have a rehab plan!
    @I_hate_lettuce that is timely advice, there are plenty of feast days coming up next month

Trying to up my walking and yoga practices:)

Day 29 UK NFD

Back from a few days away with no WiFi I’ve accepted November hasn’t been great but I’m determined to do better in December Will catch up on posts over the weekend

Day 28 and 29 – UK – NFD

Travelled down south yesterday and spent today with my dear friend – so lovely to see each other and spend some quality time together 🤗

No fasting but trying to stay mindful however some lovely 🥂🍷has been drunk!

One day left in this November Challenge!!

Day 30: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Well, my weight has remained more or less stable during the month. As @at heartwarmingly told me….in my own way, I’m maintaining! If only at 9kg less though, eh?
    It’s very cold and dark and FOGGY outside, so I’m not looking forward to the drive to work. Brrr…
    Last day of the November Challenge today so keep going and to your success.

Here’s the link to the December Challenge hosted by @at:

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/december-2019-challenge-last-one-for-2019/

Must go now. I’ll catch up with you all later. xx

Day 30 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Half a kilo down for the month. So no wriggle room to speak of; but I’ve managed to maintain. I’m happy with that result, taking into account the World Cup weekend + a couple of mini-binges.

@songbirdme – I also tried donating blood the other day… NEVER AGAIN!! Too many stupid questions. Who’s blood is it? Where did you get it from? Why is it in a bucket?….😜

Thank you @ciren2 for hosting this month.

Have a good weekend everyone, see you during the December Challenge.

Day 30, Emden Germany, FD

I had a good month, did most of the cooking and found out that I eat less when I prepare the meals.

Starting weight: 61.1 kg/134.7lbs
    Final weight: 58.4 kg/128.7lbs

@ciren2 thanks for hosting this month.

Day 30 – Ireland – NFD
    Hi all – sorry for being silent during November… I had a fantastic holiday cycling the Atlas Mountains – it was so amazing and hard!!! But was really chuffed with myself but I came back to some family hiccups and sadness and things just seem to have caught up with me so have been feeling low and virally. I’m finding it hard to admit that things can get on top of me and that I can’t just power through… but my body is showing me all the signs… 😢

So I stayed off most social media and technology for the past while. To be honest I’m not sure that it does me any good particularly being away from this fab group 🤔 I’m back to bad habits and seem to be eating all around me so will be back on board for December even though it’s the worst month to try apply myself but I will go gently.

I haven’t got to catch up on all the posts and I may not but thank you @ciren2 for hosting November and I’m sorry I missed out as I’m sure it was a lot of fun! I really admire your generosity and commitment to this forum and way of life!!! 💪 Wishing you all the best and see you in December
    I hope that everyone else is going well too 👍

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 30 – Lake district UK (although Edinburgh this w/e) NFD

Fantastic to be with family, catch up weekend, always great fun!

@ciren2 – thanks for hosting November, putting up with me dipping in and out, but nice to know we can do it! You’re right about the control bit, think I have got my head around it all and found how I can make this WOL work for me!

Take care everyone, see you in the December thread.

Day 30, London, UK, NFD

So I’ve managed to dodge a bullet today, I delivered a bottle of wine to my brother with his card yesterday, so there won’t be any toasting today and I can stay controlled without battling the vino dragon!!

Weigh-in for November will be tomorrow morning, but with the 30DS and a less than perfect first 3 weeks to this challenge, I’m guessing the net result will be a big fat zero! I’m feeling fitter and the endorphins are pumping so at least the exercise is a positive!!

Onward to December folks ……… Stay strong!!

Day 30 Canada FD

Not feeling hungry so going for a B2B fast day!

@ciren2 thanks so much for hosting us this month, you have done a wonderful job and are so supportive.

Congrats to everyone for being here, whether you have dropped any weight along the way of not is less important than just having health as a focus. I am a kilo lighter and have a few more to go, can’t wait to be in maintenance. See you over in the December challenge!

@snowflake56: You’ve done really well this month. You started about where I am stuck at the moment and now you’ve LOST three kilos! That is a great result!
    @funshipfreddie: Half a kilo for you and @bellyblast: another kilo for you….both GONE! Hooray!!
    @jaifaim: good to hear from you. I hope you get back into the swing of things in the December Challenge.
    @i-hate-lettuce: Have a great weekend up there.

It’s been a pleasure hosting, so thanks all of you for putting up with being herded by a lapsed 5:2-er……still seeking ways to climb back on that wagon! One day….one day…
    Here’s to December:

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/december-2019-challenge-last-one-for-2019/

Be sure to attend.

Day 30 – UK – CD

Thank you so much to dear @ciren2 for looking after us during this November challenge! These are for you for keeping a watchful eye on us all and providing support and encouragement when needed 🤗💐

Hope to see many of you joining us for the December Challenge

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 30 – USA – NFD

Thanks so much to you, @ciren2 for hosting November…you are consistently personable, upbeat and encouraging! @snowflake56, congrats on your dispatch of lbs. this month! I knew you could do it!

As for me, I’m still in maintenance and below my goal weight, but shot up 3 lbs this month due to inactivity while I recuperate from major surgery and it’s what I expected.

I have a full plate for the next 2 months, as my health slowly gets back to normal. I start back to work next week, will then begin Christmas plans, and moving house the end of January. However, I’m sure the 3 lbs. will fall off and I will be back hula-hooping again, lol! I will also be sure to keep reading your posts, logging into the spreadsheet and occasionally popping up with a post. Here comes December!

Day 30 California FD

Thank you @ciren2 for being our host this month. I managed to stay at my maintenance weight and i’m hopeful I will continue on. I’m still playing around with what works best for maintenance and just read something from Walter Longo that said it’s perhaps not good to stay in a restricted eating window (16:8 or some such thing) indefinitely. So I may look into gradually stretching to 15:9 or 14:10 although sometimes I do that now when I get too hungry.
    See you all in December and here’s to a solid maintenance month for all at the very least!

Day 30 UK CD

Still coldy & tired despite v early night & 12 hr sleep! c’est la vie… just keep plugging away and I#ll get there eventually. A slugglish potter today but some v gentle stretching done, 1st batch of chutney made and some wild plum vinegar put on to marinade

Not my finest fasting month but I’m just about back on the waggon. on the bright side, I’m 5lb down from the month’s very highest peak and have all the tools I need to make progress. Planning ahead for a plain vanilla 5:2 December – nothing is impossible!

@jaifaim welcome back x
    @snowflake56 congratulations, that’s great progess!
    @ciren2 thank you for your gentle, wise, encouraging hosting this month – all much appreciated x

And onwards, grateful for friendship and support in this small corner of the world 🙂

Thank you all, for being such a great team.
    @at: Again, thanks for taking up the baton…
    @metatauta: Below your goal weight and maintaining! Three pounds is nothing considering what’s been happening with you. I hope your surgery has been a success and I see you have a busy couple of months coming up. In at the deep end, eh? Goodbye three pounds!
    @rafiki44: It’s so good to stay in maintenance mode….long may it continue.

As fate would have it my long awaited book on water fasting finally turned up today. Amazon had to send it again as the first one got lost somewhere!
    Talking of water fasting….anyone seen @dykask? Where is our best WF champion?
    @michelinme: Please get well soon xx

Day 30/1st Oxfordshire UK nfd
    Thank you @ciren2 for hosting this month.
    Managed to lose 4lb, so very pleased with that.

Off out for a day of retail therapy with DD

@suki2: You’re welcome. 4lbs down too….see you on the December Challenge!

Final November Post,

@ciren2, thank you for hosting this penultimate 2019 challenge, you’re a real trooper for sticking with this WOL even though it’s not sticking to you, although; you ARE the ultimate maintainer!!!

-2lbs this month, so I’ll be praying to St. Nick to help me navigate the December pitfalls as silly season begins!!!

See y’all over in December’s challenge!!

@ciren2

Thanks for hosting November and leading us all through the month.

See you over in December!

Day 1 – USA – NFD
    @mia139, happy belated birthday!

Day- 6- Atlanta, Ga- USA- FD

So I decided to kick off the month with a 7 day water fast. My reasons for doing this is that I’ve not been sticking to my FD’s. How many of you have done this, and what were your results? It wasn’t that difficult after day 3 for me. However, last night I found myself scrounging for food in the fridge. Fortunately, I didn’t go shopping this weekend and everything was in the freezer. I’m not a snacker so I hardly ever have them in the house. Any thoughts on this guys?

Hi @therealwil78 – personally I’ve never done a water fast. I’m guessing you meant to post this on the December Challenge? But you’ve posted it in ‘November’.

Oh dang!!! I’ll repost.

Viewing 40 posts - 501 through 540 (of 540 total)

You must be logged in to reply.