NOT WORKING!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Lindajl 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• I think I am doing something wrong. I’ve done a week of the diet now (2 fast days) and no weight lost…

I was really inspired by the book – have tried every diet to no lasting effect. Mimi’s story seemed amazing (although I would like to be her starting weight, and the idea of 8 stone something at 5ft 8 which I am seems impossible!).

However, I wonder if the non-fast days are my problem.

Eat whatever you want? Yes, thanks, I’ll have dessert, a piece of cake mid morning and half a bottle of wine most nights. Hmmmm.

I’m guessing I need to actually be more restrictive on non-fast days.

Help anyone?

Hi, I also had a slow start but 10 weeks in and 2 stone down.
    Yes you do have to be careful what you eat on non fast days i.e. not more than the recommended amount, if your eating more than that then your eating what you should have been eating on the fast days thereby defeating the object.
    Good luck.

WHATEVER – not as much!
    I think some (many?) followers have mistaken “anything” for “everything”

Hi Hanchaddy, be patient! Some people see the weight dropping off them by the day, others, like me, will have had to persevere for a few months to notice any changes. Stick with it, your time will come!

Ive lost 7 lbs i just eat normally not excessively on non fast days. Except tonight when i consumed 700 calorie on dinner alone. In the form of an indian takeaway. It was lovely.

I think that “eat what you want on non-fast days” really translates to eating a healthy amount of calories for your weight and not overdoing it but you don’t need to worry about avoiding any particular food types.

Half a bottle of wine by itself will contain about 320 calories. Let’s be conservative and say cake and dessert add 200 calories each (they’re probably much more). That’s 720 calories extra per day on five days or 3600 more calories in a week. That’s at least a day and a half’s complete energy requirement and more than cancels out the two days of calorie restriction.

Look at the Total Daily Energy Expenditure calculator at http://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/ and work out how many calories you need in a day. Then use that as a target for your non fast days.

If the total weekly calories on fast days and non fast days comes to more than you need to maintain weight you probably won’t see any weight loss.

This diet isn’t magic. There’s no such thing. Be sensible and you will soon see results.

Good luck!

Sarah

Good God! 2 fast days in? Really? Give it a chance!

Calculate your TDEE, using the link off the homepage and stick to those numbers for fastdays and roughly 100-200 calories under on non-fastdays (don’t obsess over counting calories, just stay aware of roughly what you’re taking in). Stop weighing yourself every day – this is how people drive themselves insane – and give it a few weeks before you start despairing of life.

Also, do what I didn’t and take some ‘start’ measurements. Some folk find that the weight doesn’t shift straight away but find that their measurements create enough joy to keep them going through rough patches.

‘Feed’ not ‘feast’ perhaps? Listen to your own body, not your mind. Your body will know when it’s full, be it from veggies or chocolate cake lol.
    Also, the scales alone can be misleading. Grab a tape and six months from now you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
    Good luck

Have the odd treat a couple of times a week or you will risk packing it all in.

Try not going overboard on the other days. I’m already finding that I dont want to. Yes, something occasionally – and I LOVE chocolate, but the thought of loosing the weight, and wanting to keep it off this time, is enough encouragement to keep me on the straight and narrow. Yes, I’ll still have the occasional chocolate eclair but will be more conservative and not eat when I’m not hungry and don’t need it. I already, even after a week, dont like that stuffed, overfull feeling. Keep going, it will work.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.