Not losing

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  annette52 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I’m doing the diet but seem to be losing only to put back on again. I’m fairly active at work and do a 45 mins exercise club once a week plus walk my dog after for a jog 30 mins. I also fast pace walk him at the weekends, totalling 1.25hrs a day fast paced. Any ideas when I’m not losing. I am toning though and changing shape but the scales aren’t budging. I’m getting married in the summer: 5ft 7″ and 14:09st – this weight needs to go! 2st by August is a must. Can anyone advice or help me?

Hi Penelope,

Your exercise is pretty irrelevant in terms of your weight I’m afraid. It’s what you’re eating that matters, but you don’t mention that!

The likeliest explanation for not losing weight is overeating on non-fast days (and if your carbohydrate/ sugar consumption is high you might want to think about reducing it).

Have you calculated your TDEE (and assume you are less active than you think you are!) and are you eating at or below it?

A mistake a lot of people make to start with is thinking non-fast days are ‘feast’ days. They are not, they are ‘normal’ eating days. But that’s normal for someone of your age, weight and height, not necessarily your normal!

You are eating too much. Exercise is great for toning and trimming off inches but you will not lose any weight, that is dependent on what you put in your mouth. I walked 15.5 miles last Saturday, just dashing around to and from town which earned me the princely sum of 696 calories! Get yourself a decent pedometer and aim for a baseline of 10,000 steps daily(most people average 3/4000) and then aim to increase that as the weeks go by. I walk to and from work(45 minutes each way)=10,000 steps plus an average of 4,000 =14,000 each day.
    I have been losing and gaining the same 8lb for months. According to My Fitness Pall I am overeating 400 calories a day!!!! So I am consuming up to that new figure and will see what the result is in a week.

Have a look under ‘resources’ and then BMI to see what your Total Daily Energy Expenditure(TDEE) should be and then eat below that figure or to the weight that you want to be. I have found that the calorie difference between the two is very little.
    Under estimate your activity level and count everything for a few weeks to see where you are going wrong. I am eating well, just too much.

Any help?

Your BMI is: 32.4
    Your BMR is: 6847 kJ / 1637 calories
    Your TDEE is: 9415 kJ / 2250 calories

Does this mean that on my non fast days I should keep to 2250 or less? I am doing a max of 1700 on a non diet day at present, but I must admit to going over 500 on my fast day.

Thanks for the replies, Guys!

Yes.
    Keep a log for a week or two and count every morsel accurately that passes your lips. Some people look at the TDEE for the weight that they want to me, and then eat their TDEE to that figure. I found that when I looked at that, the difference was only 200 calories a day.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.