Not losing much weight – alternative day diet

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Not losing much weight – alternative day diet

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Amazon 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi! So I’ve been doing the alternative day diet for a week, I’ve worked out with strenght training and a little cardio. I’ve only lost 2 lbs (1kg). I was expecting to lose more, is this normal to lose only 2 lbs? And what im doing wrong/right?

You might be putting on muscle with that strength training. Muscle weighs more than fat. So that would be great, but it wouldn’t show much on your scales.

Average loss for 5:2 is 1lb per week for a woman, so if you are following ADF 2lbs is about right. A week of strength training will not make any difference to your weight.
    Muscle does not weigh more than fat, but it is denser.
    If you look at how much professional sports men and women weigh you’ll see that they weigh very little considering how fit they are, eg Agnieska Radwanska tennis player 1.73m/5’8″ 56kg/123lbs, so thinking that weighing more is because of muscle replacing fat is a myth.

Surely if fat takes up more room than the same volume of muscle, that’s exactly the same as muscle weighing more. A litre of muscle weighs more than a litre of fat, if you put on muscle and lose the same weight in fat, you will be slimmer.

Eh, regardless, if you’re putting on muscle that’s going to increase your weight.

You are missing the point snorks, firstly losing that amount of weight in a week of ADF is about right, and secondly building up enough muscle to increase your weight takes time and many hours of working out. If you are in calorie deficit because you are trying to lose fat you’ll lose some weight but doing a couple of hours of muscle toning/building exercise wouldn’t result in a noticeable effect on the scales in one week.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.