not loosing weight on fasting days.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
not loosing weight on fasting days.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bali2015 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Im on my third week,Yesterday was my 6th fast. I slept hardly at all and feel dreadful this morning. And to top it all I lost no weight this week.. II think its time to drop this diet.Its just another fad diet as far as I can see. I run or walk for 6 hours a week,eat 500 cals on fast days and use Crononeter to track on non fast days. The insomnia is a big cause for concern as it indicates raised cortisol .So do I crack on or give this up?

Hi puckertoe, Firstly if you suspect a medical problem I would urge you to check in with a doctor. However, my husband is having the same problem with lack of result and I am giving loads to support to help him keep going. He is finding sleep difficult but only to the extent that he can’t get to sleep because he feels so hungry and also wakes early feeling revenous and has to eat as soon as possible – maybe yours is a hunger problem too? We are currently experimenting with what we eat and when we eat on fast days and yesterdays fast day was a little better. If your doc says its OK I would keep going and vary your diet to include someting that will stay in the stomach as long as possible over night – also plenty of water of course. I really think this is not just another fad, have strength! -Good luck.

Are you eating protein on your fast days? I find protein keeps the Hunger away more than carbs do. It is difficult when you first start out and can take months to settle in but then it becomes so easy you don’t believe it. If your only into 3 weeks you may still be struggling but it’s too early to give up. Also you may not lose every week but in a month you sure will. It’s a slow and steady weight loss way and it’s defiantly not a fad because you can eat real food and normal amounts for 5 days and only cut back on 2 which you will adjust to. If your insomnia is from Hunger try eating your big meal at night. I would say continue and give it more time 🙂

Thankyou both. Keeping to the diet is not a problem,I find it easy to do the 500 cals, but I cant sleep,I cant get to sleeo and when I do I wake after about half hour. No underlying health issues had various test this year. I am really active at the moment too which may not help as my calorie deficit for a week is really high,6500ish. Im low carb and have been for about 5 years I eat what I call n moderate amount of carbs on fast days. Yestetday A tin of sardines and salad greens and a small protein shake made with semi skimmed milk after my run to keep me in an anabolic state.
    Im going to try having a small snack before bed and see if that helps. I belive that a tsp of MCT oil is good as it is burnt as fuel and doesn’t spike insulin during skeep (which drives melatonin down I think) like protein or carbs.
    I may also try eating after 24hours rather than 36 which I’m doing now. How long does your fast last. Mine is from Wednesday tea time (6:00) to Friday breakfast ( 9:00).is this too long. I also eat only twice a day normally.

Hi puckertoe. Well if you keep that lot up I’m sure you can’t fail to loose weight!
    Please post if the small snack before bed helps the sleeping – hub might try it too but of course it must come out of the 500/600cal allowance. Our fast is currently Wed 7.00pm to Fri 7.00am For extra health benefits I reckon the longer the fast the better but maybe we should be doing shorter and building it up.

Hi puckertoe, I fast from say 7pm Wednesday untill lunch time on Friday because I have cut out breakfast so I can have a larger lunch and dinner. I do have a coffee mid morning on Friday because I couldn’t do it without my coffee. A normal fast is 36 hours like what you are doing but the longer the better for health benefits. I ate breakfast all my life and I never honestly thought I could ever leave the house wothout it, but it’s amazing how I don’t miss it one little bit and I don’t ever get that mid morning low sugar hungar attack at all. Love breaky on weekends though. You seem to be doing ok, don’t know how the 24 hours would work though, I’ve not really followed that one.

For those who have trouble sleeping try a low calories hot chocolate. We have jarrah brand in Australia it about 47 cal. It fill you up a bit a sweet treat then helps with sleep

Works a treat

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.