non-weight loss

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  barbarita 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I am 67, female, and around 11 stone – I would feel much better both physically and emotionally if I was 10 stone… my husband and I have been doing the Fast Diet for about 6-7 weeks now – I lost a few pounds but have now put that back on and he is having the same problem. We stick religiously to the fasting twice a week and on the other days we have a sensible attitude to food – we dont eat much processed food; lots of fruit and veg, some spuds/rice/pasta a couple of times a week, very little bread, hardly any cakes or biscuits, a fruit crumble every couple of weeks as a treat with non-fat yoghurt… dont really know how I could eat a healthier diet – there is the red wine… probably a glass and a half each evening – 5 days a week… have tried giving this up and it makes no difference. I know I am doing good things for my general health but just don’t understand why the weight is not coming off… HELP!

Hi GeraldineD

I don’t have much time to give you a more considered answer but you could look at THE LOACA thread I started; if you read any number of the posts from the start of the thread, you will find all manner of different experiences of the 5:2 from women at our stage of life.

There is also a thread called ‘Calling all senior 5:2’s’ or something very similar which might help both of you.
    Things tend to be different when you are not in the first flush of youth anymore!

You can get loads of information by simply reading what has already been said; probably many times!

Good Luck to you both

I suggest tracking what you eat on the non fast days and counting the calories. You need to know this number to get a sanity check. If it ends up more than your TDEE, you have identified the issue.

Once you determine you are indeed eating too many calories, start eating less and stop counting the calories.

Dieting and fasting makes fat that proven in many research Once your metabolism begins winding down, you begin to feel exhausted and unable to exercise.so always taken a natural and effective natural diet and weight loss plan.

thanks

healthdiscovery! I have been fasting for 10 months and in my early sixties I walk at least 4 miles a day and on holiday I clocked up over 50 miles in one week.
    And I can jog 5 kilometres. Fasting does not of itself make you tired and weak. Are you here to promote supplements by any chance?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.