Non fast day – What's your deficit?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Non fast day – What's your deficit?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  emilymeg 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi everyone,

I am trying to work out my non fast day calorie goal but am not sure what to go with.
    My TDEE is 2187 but with healthy eating there is no way I can get to that. I am thinking around 1700 so there’s room to decrease when I hit a plateau. I am currently having around 1400 and not hungry but I don’t want it to be too low.

What deficit do you all eat at? I’d prefer to know the deficit rather than number if that’s okay as it varies for everyone.

Also I understand 5:2 goes hand in hand with TDEE on non fast days but 2187 is a lot of food for someone that naturally eats between midday and 7pm and is trying to be healthy.

Thanks 🙂

Wow, my TDEE is 1800 ish and I easily eat to that so I dont eat to a deficit on my normal days if anything I go over – but I’m a very active person.

If i struggle to lose or hit a plateau then I’d expect to aim for 1600 calories which makes a deficit of 200 calories?

My deficit is normally around 500 calories which is where I like to keep it. In case I have a day over during the week. Ie. A birthday. Unexpected or forgotten dinner invitation. Then I don’t feel bad going over by 800-900 calories.

Hi Maddy, I’m a bit like Emily, and have no difficulty eating my TDEE of 1700. So that I don’t have to meticulously count calories on nFDs, I break that total down 350 for breakfast, 450 for lunch, 700 for dinner and 200 for snacks. From watching calories on FDs, I know which foods and what serving size will keep me around those numbers. It’s an estimate, and I am flexible about eating less at one meal and more at another. I try to make sure that I have a proper dinner the evening before fasting so that I don’t feel too deprived on a FD. Hope this helps. ST55

I’m the same in that I have to have a proper supper the night before a fast

however on other days, I will do a form of 16:8 – normally skip supper – to make sure I hit my TDEE

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.