No longer losing weight anymore

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
No longer losing weight anymore

This topic contains 2 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Amazon 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I have been doing the 5:2 fast for over 5 years now, since the original Horizon program was broadcast.
    I haven’t changed what I have been doing / eating etc – I still limit myself to 600 cals and I don’t eat that badly on my ‘normal’ days (I haven’t changed what I eat on my normal days either) –
    But I have found that I am now not losing weight. I am having to fast for 2 days just to keep my weight the same. It is as if my body knows that I am fasting and has compensated. Is there any evidence that this happens. It has also happened with my wife who has been doing it for about 3 1/2 years…

You’re obviously not a newbie, but there’s lots of info about not losing weight in this discussion: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/
    Might help…

jools, is this a week-after-week issue or something that lasts for about 4 days? I’ve been Fasting for 4+ years and find that there are sometimes 2 week spans when my weight goes up a kilo and then eventually comes back down. For me, it comes to what I ate on my Slow Days. If I drink beer or eat white rice, it puts on more weight than other foods and it is harder to come off. Just noticed this within the past year. So see if you can figure out some food that ‘sticks like glue’ and eliminate it.
    Good luck.

Hi,
    A week after week issue – I just don’t lose as much weight as I used to (if any)
    Yes it maybe that certain foods are harder to shift than others weight wise, I will look out for that. As I said in another forum I am 5 years older and I guess I burn less calories now…

Hi Jools,

There are numerous causes for not losing weight but the bottom line is you and your wife are both eating more than your body needs and probably too much of the wrong foods.

First of all as you are 5 years older your body needs less food than it did when you started, so I suggest you click on resources and calculate your TDEE. Use your goal weight and sedentary for exercise level and stick to below that on non fast days. As you aren’t losing weight it would be a useful exercise to count calories every day to see excatly how much you are consuming

Then you need to look at what you eat. If your diet contains a lot of carbs such as bread, pies, biscuits, beer, pasta etc you need to cut them down and replace them with leafy veg and lean protein. If you snack you should give it up.
    Try eating dinner early, have nothing else to eat afterwards and breakfast late so your body has a long period without food every 24 hours.

Good luck 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.