Newbie – planning to start on Friday

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Newbie – planning to start on Friday

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Five Two 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Good morning everyone, I am a newbie to this, plan to start the diet on Friday this week – will spend the next couple of days reading up and making some plans. I just have some questions:

1. Do the fast days have to be apart from each other or can I do them one after the other?
    2. I have picked Friday as I am also trying the gym for a 12 week period and my first day is that day – I am planning my first fast day as Monday, second fast day as Wednesday.
    3. My BMR is 1528, TDEE is 1833 so I am planning on my non fast days of no more that 1500 cals – does that sound about right? Then fast days of no more than 500.

1. What ever you find easiest. Personally I used to do Monday/Tuesday. Now do Mondays as Im in maintenance.
    3. Personally Id stick to my TDEE of 1833 on non fast days rather than reducing it to 1500. If you want to run more of a deficit then Id reduce your fast days to zero rather than 500. Its not as hard as you think and after a few weeks you get used to it. The first month is the hardest. If you find you cant do it then go back to 500. If you are constantly restricting your daily intake it becomes the same as every other calorie restriction diet. You will eventually give up. This is something that must be doable for the rest of your life.

Hallo Emsmum, I do agree with bigbooty. I have just started as well, this is my second week. Tried to stick to 1880 kcal a day (had some formal occassions when I couldn’t stick to it) on NFD and 500 kcal on FD. Lost 600 gr. the first week, which for me is a good result. Sunday I will weigh again.
    Three out of four FD were easy, remarkably so. One day I had some trouble at work and I found that made it harder not to go of to the restaurant and treat myself. But I didn’t! The fact that you can eat normal tomorrow, is so important to keep you going on FD! That alone is reason for me not to go below 1880!

I keep it really simple- eat the following on a fast day:
    Breakfast at 10am, a medium banana = 90 cal
    Lunch at 1pm, low cal slice of toast with a poached egg = 115 cal
    Snack at 4pm, homemade spicy veg soup = 35 cal
    Dinner at 7pm, homemade veg curry = 200 cal
    Total = 440 cal leaving 60 cal for crispbread, fruit etc
    On non fast days do not count calories but make healthy choices.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.