Newbie-only 3 days In

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  chickennugget 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi Everyone:

Well, I am on day 3 of the diet. I fasted for the first 2 days. Today I lost 4 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited. Today is my eating day. I think I am going to try fasting every other day. Thoughts?

I am in Southern California. The land of the wealthy and beautiful-Hard to keep up. Harder to lose weight. I go to the gym 5 days a week for years. However, with age came weight gain. So, I am really hopeful this will work.

This blog is really helpful

Hello and welcome,
    Well done.
    The amount of weight lost depends on how much weight there is to go. Average weight loss is 1 lb a week, but also a shrinking body and change of shape.

Rather than look on this as a diet, why not think of it as a new way of life?

Why not try keeping 2 days fasting a week for the next 6 weeks and then see how you look and feel?

Hi Chickennugget and welcome

I agree with Annette, for most fasters i think it has become a way of life, well done on loosing so quickly!

Good luck and happy fasting 🙂

Hi Chickennugget

Most people find fasting for 2 days consecutively quite challenging, yes you lose weight quickly (so it seems) but 2 days of consuming very little can become daunting, this is why people give it up. You will reap the same benefits by fasting 2 separate days ie Mon/Thurs or Wed/Sun whatever 2 days in the week suit you best. Even alternate day fasting is hard, have your read the book out of interest? It does explain how fasting works quite clearly.

If you have been going to “the gym” 5 days a week for years & still have weight issues I suspect you are consuming way too many calories for your height/build & don’t burn off any fat during your gym sessions.

I’ve lost 7lb in total since early November 2013 when I stared on the 5:2 diet (aiming to lose 1st in weight as my fasting sugar levels were slightly raised) I stopped during Christmas & ate/drank what I wanted & gained just 3lb the whole month so I am still 4lb lighter than Nov when I started this journey.

Hey Annette, Angie and Julie:

Thanks so much for the feedback.

Annette, you are correct, it is a new way of life, not a diet-wrong mind-set on my part. However, My husband and I, decided to try it every other day, just to lose the weight, and then go for the 5:2. Then, hopefully, do the once a week fasting.

Angie, I am hoping it will become a way of life.

Julie, you are right, the 2 consecutive days of fasting were horrible. The first day was ok, but the 2nd not so much. I have read the book, so yes, I do understand the concept.

You are correct to assume I am consuming too many calories lately, actually, for quite a while now. I am by no means considered heavy. However, I feel heavy for me. If that makes sense.

Good for you for losing so much weight. You have inspired me.

Thanks all
    Sheryl

Hey Everyone,

I was just wondering how often you guys weight yourselves? Some people think once a week, other’s say every day to keep one on track.

Would love some feedback.

Hello,
    I fast 2 non consecutive days and then weigh Saturday before breakfast. I also measure bust/waist/hips/thighs and calves at the same time and also try on clothes. I have often found that when the scales seem to be broken, that I am still shrinking.

Great info

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.