Newbie learning

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Velmapip 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi, my screen name comes from my dogs – who would of guessed!

Anyhow I’ve tried a few diets, got no where because the minute I tell my self I can’t have or I have to restrict myself I just want to scoff it all.

Sadly every time I’ve lost a bit of weight I’ve put that and more back on.

I’ve been pondering and researching this fast diet for a few months, I know I’ll have to weigh and measure myself …. well as I’m totally blind I want my numbers kept private, I do have talking bathroom scales so that’s sorted but as I don’t want someone to read a tape measure for me I’m going to use a bit of string, cut it to length around me and then as the inches come off when I use the string I will see how much is the ‘tail’ then when I’m brave enough I’ll ask someone to measure the string, I’m also going to put sellotape on the points as the length of string gets shorter to give me and idea of how much is coming off! I know a big ramble.

Love reading all the suggestions, so thanks guys.

Question I’m always asked, so I’ll tell You to stop you wondering … I have a screen reader that reads the screens out load to me – all Apple products have it as standard and it’s brilliant lol

Hi , first day of fasting complete 🤗.is it normal to get really bad headaches ? I went to bed last night and had headache from hell drank over 2lt of water throughout day and some herbal and normal tea, had my 500 calories at dinner time bout 7ish .any suggestions would be great , thanks x

Velma, you are a good problem solver! What clever solutions! I think you have made a wise choice in trying the Fast Diet. My husband and I have been on it for more than 4 years with good success. He likes it because even though you restrict what you eat today, you can always have it tomorrow if you want to. Good luck as you begin this Lifestyle and keep us posted on your progress.

Kim, are you a coffee-fiend? This sounds like a caffein headache to me. If not that, then there is some food that you usually eat in high quantities which you did not eat on your Fast Day. How was the headache the day after? BTW, are you eating high quality foods on Fast Days: protein, for example? This is all I can offer about your problem. Good luck.

Hi ,thanks for reply . i dont drink coffee just tea .maybe its the lack of chocolate lol .im still getting to grips with diet yesterday i had a chicken sausage with lots of veg and cous cous for dinner . Half tin of peaces in juice rinsed and a couple of squares of green and blacks chocolate .water 2lt ,few cups of tea and some herbal tea .could it b lack of sugar ? As i have very sweet tooth .headache been niggling today but nowhere near wht it was like last night x

Hi Kim and welcome:

This post addresses your headache issue and answers many more common questions: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Thanks for the welcome, I’ll let you all know how I do.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.