Newbie Just Saying Hi

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  OddChild 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi all! I’ve just started doing the 5:2 diet, this is my second week of it and third day fasting! I’m trying to slim down for my graduation this year since I’ve just finished my masters degree!
    Kind of hard doing any diet at university really, especially the way most students eat! But so far I seem to have lost about 9 pounds, which is fantastic! Not really seeing much physical changes yet, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed for it soon! (I did a week but had to have a week off after when I caught a stomach bug, I think that explains my 9 pound loss!)

Anyone got way tips for a newbie? The fast days haven’t been bad so far, just need to work out a more filling breakfast!

Hi and welcome:

Many find just one meal in the evening works best.

Here are some tips: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

Good Luck!

Hi Oddchild,

I’m just starting too, good luck 🙂

Kits

hi and welcome Oddchild ( love this! )

well done on your loss so far, that’s great and it cant all be down to tummy bug!!

Simcoeluv has already posted some good advice so please have a look and all the best to you, keep us posted!! 🙂

Finally got the nerve to weigh and measure myself today. Probably the most terrifying thing I’ve done in a while!
    Sadly I think I’ve managed to gain 3 pounds, which is kind of a bummer since I’m meant to be slimming to fit a graduation dress 🙁 But I’m also starting to see some physical changes. Lost about an inch from my thighs and some from my bum! Nothing from the belly though :/

I think the worst part is sticking with it. I’m a student so my timetable can be pretty messed up, and I don’t go to the gym anywhere near as much as I used to 🙁

Here’s hoping I can kick the weight loss into touch this week and keep it up!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.