This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Good Morning. Thought I would start a topic. My first day today and I am looking forward to trying this new way of eating. After years of yo-yo dieting I am positive about this.

I have counted my calories for my first FD:
    Breakfast – Overnight Oats- 201 calories
    Dinner – Fresh Tuna and lots of green veg – 233 calories
    Snack – Apple – 47 calories
    Total for today – 481

Does this look OK?

Appreciate any feedback as we I progress with my journey.

Personally I don’t have any grain based foods. But then Im quite strict about what I eat. Other than that it looks good. If youre finding it easy then all the better.

looks good, Skelly. Perhaps you could vary the oatmeal with simple egg dishes for more protein.
    How did it go today? Let us know!

Well, Day 1 completed. Thanks for your comments, really helpful. Yesterday went really well I felt really positive. Didn’t really feel hungry. I will try the eggs but not sure I could stomach them first thing, so may have to eat breakfast a bit later. Any ideas for egg dishes that I can take to work?? Day 2 here we go.

Hi Skelly,

I’m relatively new to all this too – started 5 weeks ago and have so far lost 12lbs, only another 30lbs or so to go!!! I’m a yo-yo dieter too (hence the name!)tried lots of diets and even pills, had the most success with Slimming World (maybe you too? Overnight Oats clue? ;-)) so am trying to do 5:2 combined with SW to ensure I don’t overeat on non fast days. So fed up of yo-yo dieting, making long term changes now to beat this once and for all.
    Good luck and keep going, it does get easier, I now look forward to my fast days, I like not to have to think about food on those days.

Skelly, you could try this for breakfast in the car: [If you paired with a dinner which is far under the count, the two balance out.]
    Egg McArnold: 330 calories
    This, of course, is the Fasting version of a fast-food favorite. This works for eating on-the-run. 1 two-oz egg 1 Arnold-brand multi-grain Sandwich Thin [100 calories] ½ oz Canadian Bacon or 1 slice Jones Brand 5-6 oz fruit smoothie or natural apple cider blackish coffee or tea or lemon in hot water
    Open up the ‘sandwich thin’ and lightly toast it. Fry or poach the egg to your liking and cook the Canadian Bacon in the same pan. Assemble, adding salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy it with your coffee in a to-go cup and the fruit smoothie. But don’t eat in the car – sit down and slowly savor this Fast food.

Here’s another. Since this one is officially ‘street food’, it is made to eat on the go:
    ‘Jian Bing’Chinese Pancakes’: 300 calories 6 g fat 3.5 g fiber 15 g protein 59 g carbs 202.7 mg Calcium PB This delicious treat is a popular Chinese street-food. And now it is popular in our household. Quick to cook and fun to eat. The crisp tart apple is a nice foil to the salty-spicy food. HINT: this recipe makes 4 pancakes, of which 2 will do for the breakfast. Save the remaining 2 to eat cold for lunch tomorrow.
    1/3 cup all-purpose flour 1.5 Tbsp white whole wheat flour 1 Tbsp semolina flour 2 two-oz eggs ½ cup water ¼ cup chopped scallions, white and green parts Kosher salt 2 tsp Srarcha sauce + 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce per person: 1 oz tart, crisp apple blackish coffee or blackish tea or lemon juice & hot water 5-6 oz fruit or green smoothie or natural apple cider
    Whisk together the flours, water, and one egg until lumps are gone. Hint: this can be combined the night before. Whisk again in the morning. In a separate bowl, beat the other egg thoroughly. In a custard cup, combine the hot sauce and soy sauce. Using a good non-stick pan, add 2 brief puffs of non-stick spray, then wipe with a paper towel. [Keep the paper towel handy.] Heat the pan and add 3-4 Tbsp of batter, swirling the pan quickly to distribute the batter evenly to make a thin pancake that coats the bottom of the pan. Let cook for a minute or 2, then spoon some of the egg on top and smear it around. Sprinkle with a small pinch of salt and one Tablespoon of the scallions. Cook until the egg on top is a bit set, then flip the pancake over. Brush the hot sauce mixture on top. Cook for 30 seconds, fold the pancake in 4ths, and plate. Use the paper towel to wipe the pan and repeat the cooking process until all the batter and scallions are gone. NB: I had whisked egg left over. If your hot beverage is brewed, your apples are sliced, and the smoothie is ready, then you are set for a real good start to a new day.

Hi, Yo-yo, and welcome to the club. Good job on your 12 pounds gone. So glad you are viewing this as a Lifestyle Change as opposed to just a diet for short-term goals. Change your way of life for a lifetime.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.