Newbie!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi all,

After one takeaway too many probably, I’ve decided that I want to start to lose some weight. I’m not in a position for the gym yet so I’ve been looking at dieting and come across the 5:2 which I feel, as a Muslim who fasts every year, that it might be something I could complete to help lose weight. I’m around 5’11 and weight 13 stone! I’m turning 30 in September and want to feel and look good by then.

My diet is woeful atm, I know it’s difficult for me to stay away from takeaways but I feel if I can wean myself off slowly then I could keep it under discipline.

Starting today, I conciously made an effort to eat better (even had a carrot!) and my intake of calories was around 760 (snuck in a sneaky Wispa chocolate!) if the calorie calculator I used was right.

On my fasting days, do you have to have the calorie intake of 600? I don’t normally eat alot when I’m at work so I’m thinking I might be OK for my intake. In the evenings in weekdays, I tend to eat OK I feel (don’t have curries with chapatti as much – normally it’s food made in the oven such as pizza and microwave chips).

Appreciate any tips!

Hi Silent and welcome:

Here are most of the ‘tips’ you will need, including the answer to your question: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.