This topic contains 211 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  LadyMacca 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 201 through 213 (of 213 total)

• Hi All,
    Well I felt great all weekend after my 4:3 last week. I even managed a 40mins ‘road’ cycle. I fasted Monday and was due to fast again today but I’ve caught a summer cold & sore throat. I’m just miserable today with no energy so just ate crap and really dreading my weight in tomorrow but will have to live with it.
    Can anyone tell me how many calories are in a doughnut peach? They have only just hit Ireland and are delicious?
    Ok, I’ll post tomorrow with my weight ;-(

Ok so, here are my stats.
    Start weight: 230lbs
    Current weight: 222.0lbs
    Total loss this week: +1.4 lbs
    Overall weight loss : 7.0lbs

Only exercised twice since Saturday and only fasted on Monday. Im so sick with septic throat today, I cant taste anything and keep drinking hot tea, I really hope this cold disappears really quickly as i feel guilty for not exercising but just have no energy ;-(

Hi all. I’ve been doing this for three weeks now – lost 2kg so far and very happy with that. Today I got into a pair of trousers I struggled with when I started, so even that little bit has made a difference.

A few people have posted about headaches. I have had them a lot, linked to fast days – and usually the day after a fast. I have come to the conclusion that it is water intake – I am now consciously drinking about 3L of water on fast days and that seems to help. Also remembering that just because I am not eating, I still need to get up, walk about and leave my computer at lunch time!

This is my 6th fast day. The biggest thing I’ve noticed so far is how often I’ve been able to turn down cake and biscuits in the office I never normally resisted. Now I see each time as its own little achievement 🙂

Morning all, i hope you are all well and the scales are good to you all. Things have gotten very quite here lately but i hope that means you haven’t given up.
    I am finally over my summer flu/troath infection. I haven’t exercised in nearly 2 weeks but I have to do something tomorrow just to get back into it, slowly 😉
    Ok so, my stats aren’t great this week but I did manage 2 fast days & lose something:
    Current weight: 219.8lbs
    Total loss this week: 2.2 lbs
    Overall weight loss : 10.2lbs 😉

I’ve just lost my post to the forum so I will keep this brief.

I started yesterday. Fasted from 7.30pm Wednesday to 7.30pm Thursday.

I was amazed how little I could eat for my 500 calories (baked salmon and lettuce and tomato salad with 1 tblspn olive oil and vinegar dressing).

Heart rate elevated this morning in my exercise bootcamp.

Encouragement, meal suggestions welcomed. Esp encouragement to do the next fast on Monday.

Hello Everyone!
    I’m been ‘lurking’ for some time and have been following the 5:2 since the beginning of April. So far I’ve lost 21 lbs and aim to lose another 77 lbs! (5 1/2 stone)so I’ve got a long way to go.

I tend to stick to 1500 calories on a non-fasting day and 500 on the 2 fasting days per week, I usually always stick to Tuesday/Thursday as I find it easier to fast mid-week rather than weekends.

I tend not to eat anything on fasting days and just have dinner in the evening. Otherwise once I start eating I feel more hungry.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. Hopefully, we can all travel this path together.

Nicky x

Hi all, Well i feel as if its ‘backwards’ ive been going over the last couple of weeks. Still suffering big time with my throat so giving in and heading to the GP later. My eating is all over the place as my throat would flare up and id eat only soft bread and drink a gallon cups of tea. Anyway moan over & here are my stats for this week
    Current weight: 221.4lbs
    Total loss/gain this week: +1.6 lbs
    Overall weight loss : 8.6lbs 🙁

Good morning.I’ve decided to try the 5/2 as I am the youngest in my workplace and also the fattest.
    Sick of feeling junk and never wanting to go out.
    So feeling positive now and weighing in at 13 stones 12 determined to change.
    Any tips or motivational messages would be greatly received!
    Liz 😉

Hi Liz, just remember that as long as you remain determined you will be successful. I started on the 5:2 at about the same weight as you and now, 3 months later am 11 stone 9. I still have a way to go to reach my goal of 10&half stone, especially as i was doing 4:3 most weeks and am now sticking to 2 days fasting!
    my only advice is to stay motivated. And don’t expect people to notice quickly. They say it can take the world 3months to notice any weight loss!! Enjoy it 🙂
    M x

Hey Liz28 and everyone else, I’m doing my first fast on Thursday 17th July, just back from holidays so taking two days to get myself prepared!! not tried fasting before so will be a new experience for me, usually do WW then get fed-up and give up 🙁 Hoping this will be more sustainable.

Bev

Just starting my first fasting day today and I wonder if anyone can advise of a good list of foods and their gl and calorie figures. I had thought this might be on the website, which it maybe but I just haven’t found it yet?

hi.I started the 5.2 31st august,had my first weigh in this morning and iv lost 6lb.I am in the 13s now and so pleased to see that number.I make sure i do my 2 fast days back to back thursday/friday when i am at work so i dont have to think about food to much.I struggled a little but nothing i couldnt handle…So onwrads and DOWNWARDS .Thank you 5.2 ,will keep you all posted and good luck to everyone on this WOE journey.x

Hi Fellow Fasters,

I began the 5:2 3 weeks ago and can honestly say that the scales don’t seem to have moved much but my body has changed and so have the fit of my clothes. People have commented on how well I look generally and I can honestly say I feel amazing.

On fast days I tend to have nothing to eat for as long as possible as I find this works for me, I drink hot water and lemon and green tea every day anyway so that is no hardship although I limit coffee (Nespresso) to just one cup on a fast day and i thoroughly enjoy every last mouthful.

My other half is doing the plan with me and we are both enjoying making new recipes from the Fast recipe book. I am veggie and he eats some meat and fish.

I already have quit binge eating which was always an issue for me so I am really chuffed. I find this works for me as I now think more about what I eat on a non fast day. I have had a healthy diet for some time however up to a month ago I would eat lots of bags of crisps in secret one after the other when i was stressed, no longer! Yaaaaayy!!!

I love the inspiration this site brings hence joining so keep posting.

🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 201 through 213 (of 213 total)

You must be logged in to reply.