New to this Website, but already a success case.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
New to this Website, but already a success case.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cinque 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi, Briefly, I tried 5:2 in 2014 and lost 11.5 KGs in 6 weeks (starting at 140 KGs). For some reason wasn’t ready, and backed away, but started for real in 2016 (at 141 KGs) and lost 37 KGs (5.8 Stone). I’m now working toward my original goal of losing 45 KGs all up. In the last week lost 1.2 KGs. Being a bloke, I can’t be bothered with calorie counting or itsy bitsy meals on fasting days (I have only water) and I eat / drink what I like on other days. Works for me.
    One reason to join this site is that friends have asked me how I’m managing this, particularly as they see me having a feed and a beer or many but still losing weight, and I have them following my progress on Facebook – and I hope in reading stories on this site to find additional suggestions for them. I’m in South Australia, so hi to all you downunders in particular.

Welcome Priderj and congratulations!
    You should find plenty of stories and info here. The best thing I have learnt here is that while 5:2 is quite simple and clear, everyone needs to work out their own way of fitting it into their lives.
    And the other thing is that getting to your goal weight is not the end of the story! 🙂

Thanks Cinque, I am quickly learning that what you say is true, and I have a lot to learn. I have a sister who wants to follow the diet, but she keeps putting forward theories about menues, calorie counting etc and I have been a bit impatient with her. I’ve been inclined to just dismissively say do what I do – but she’s a different person, and her path may be different.
    I have a question – in the over 60s site I see people congratulate others for how they look – I had the impression this blog is basically anonymous, and I haven’t seen any photos – what have I missed?

Hi again Priderj,
    People who subscribe to a thread do get really close and may email or share facebook to share photos, or even meet up. I saw someone added a photo to a post, but I have no idea how they did it!

PS Ha, sisters! 😉
    (I have four)
    But yes, some people really need the scales. Some need to cook new low calorie things on fast days. Everyone seems to need to analyse different things!

Best wishes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.