New to this- but starting 5-2 diet tomorrow.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
New to this- but starting 5-2 diet tomorrow.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Mia36 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Hi everyone,

Im new to this site, Im 36 and am overweight. Im 5.5 tall and currently weight 13 stone 5 pounds. I tried this diet the beginning of last year but only did it for 2 weeks but i did loose six pounds.

Im doing my fast day tomorrow, so will prob have a small banana in morning – a small fruit salad (few grapes /strawberys/apple (but very small) and soup for dinner.

Anyone ill do my other fast day on monday and weigh myself every tuesay morning. anyone else got any tips. i will try to drink more water too. x

Mia36, welcome to this new way of life! If you look around this forum you will see that quite a few members have adopted the 5:2 way of life to their needs.

Some eat three times a day on their fast days. Others like me eat just one meal in the evening. For me that works better as if I eat a small breakfast it seems my tummy wakes up and wants more. Drinking lots of water and tea helps me to kill any hunger feelings.

Best of luck and keep us in the loop!

Happy new year
    Stef.

Hi Mia,
    🙂 welcome back.
    One bit of advice I will give you is to consider actually having some protein with your breakfast. Protein is a good way to help yourself feel full so you can go a bit longer without feeling hungry.
    I generally will have an egg with multigrain wholemeal bread for brekkie and then manage to get through to dinner on lots of cups of black tea.
    Finding out what works for you is probably the hardest part of the first few weeks. Good luck and let us know how you go.

Hey Mia, and welcome back 🙂
    If you get really ravenous, you could consider going for a walk. It sounds weird but it can clear the head and stave off cravings!

How did you get on with your first fast days?

Hello. I am from Norway and I started today. I wonder, is green tea ok too? I see you write about black tea only?
    Elisabeth

Welcome brakkelakk. Yes Green Tea is fine. Click the faq link at the top of the page and scroll through the questions. Click on any question you will get a short answer from Michael.
    Good luck.

restarting 5-2 diet tomorrow as well.

Hi! I did my very first fast day today. I haven’t had my ‘dinner’ yet and so far extremely surprised how well I did. Drank over 2 litres of water woo!! I can really now see how doable this is. Look forward to reading about everyone else’s experiences 🙂

Hi,I’m from Italy and I started last week too and I’d like to stay in touch with those we began these days to share opinions, experiences, recipes and tips. In eight days I lost about 1,3 kg (about 2,8 libres I think). I hope to go on this way 🙂

Hi, I’ve been doing the diet 2weeks nw. I fast on a monday and wednesday (eating just a small bowl of fruit throughout the day and a few nuts, and drink lots of water, and the dinner I have soup. The rest of the week i eat normally but am not over eating. I weighed myself on tuesday and have lost 4lbs.

I did have sausage and chips last night and am having a curry tonight but then ill be fasting again monday.

My work trousers are much looser and they actually look too big for me now, a couple of people have commented at work and said it looked like id lost weight. (just wish the weight would go from my tummy!- all seems to be going from my bum and legs)

hope to loose another 2lb this week, i do think it gets harder to loose as the diet goes on, this is what happened last year when i did it- i lost half a stone in just over 2 weeks then no more. (but did keep it off) any tips for the long haul ? to keep the weight coming off ? would love to know.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.