New to the diet, unsure of calories

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
New to the diet, unsure of calories

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  PaulAndCarol 9 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi
    I loosely started the diet last week, I did Monday/tues/weds morning fasting then ate what I wanted the rest of the time. I’m pretty sure I havent lost any weight. This week I will be more strict and do my FD today and Thursday. What confuses me is I filled in the for to find out what calories I should have on my non fast days and it said 2200, which seems a lot to me. I’m 5ft7 and weight 10st4- I want to get down to 9.5stone.
    I have a very physical job so I ticked the box for moderate exercise. Do you really think I’ll lose weight if I eat that many calories on my non fast days?
    Thanks

Hi Roio
    Try entering your goal weight, not the weight you are now and ‘sedentary’ for activity level. You will find a much more reasonable TDEE. Give yourself a fighting chance of losing weight by learning to eat at the level you will and should do to be a healthy weight. No point in continuing to overeat. Eat mindfully on non fast days, reduce snacking and consider what and why you eat. It is amazing how often we eat for reasons totally unrelated to our body needing fuel. Your body will not fade away, even with an active job, it will simply start drawing on your reserves…exactly what you need for weightloss.
    You can do it. All the best. PVE

I find it best to not go from recommended calories, instead take some time to eat normally and record your calorie intake. When you know what you do eat, subtract 500 and eat that instead.
    I found dropping from my previous calorie intake to my suggested too big a drop, but dropping just 500 calories a day is far easier.
    You’re still eating less so will still lose weight, adjust the calorie intake as your weight comes down and your appetite adjusts.

Don’t get too concerned about counting calories.

We fast on Mondays and Fridays. On the fast days we have a light breakfast (usually a bowl of porridge made with water and topped with some blueberries or halved grapes), and then for dinner in the evening we have a salad with a piece of fish, or lean fillet steak, or an omelette.
    We cut out cheese scones, slices of toast etc during the morning, skip lunch, cut out cakes and biscuits during the afternoon, and cut out crisps, nuts etc during the evening, and of course no glasses of wine!
    Simple really.

The important thing on fasting days is to eat about a quarter of what you normally would.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.