New To Fasting on 3rd week

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cinque 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi I’m Tash.
    I am on my 3rd week of fasting. But having worked out calories I think I’m hitting 600 more than 500. I did 580 today (just calculated it). I snack on fruit and carrots so when I add these in – apples, tangerines and carrots. Veg soup, veg and chicken soup, sugar free jelly. Plus soya milk drink. I get hungary so need to eat 3 meals plus bedtime drink. I can manage this and feel ok. I am 45 and 11 stone. I really want to do this for losing weight, but general health. I did have an eating disorder in my teens and 20’s so have avoided diets / fasting, etc. But after reading the book I really felt this was right. Is it ok hitting just over 500 or do I need to get this down. I have not suffered from eating problems for over 20 years now and how I am doing it is not triggering any anorexic / binge feeling (I have had a lot of therapy and recovery). How I am doing it suits me but I am wondering how exact it has to be to get results? Thanks in advance to anyone who reads & replies.

Hi Tash, my thinking is that the most important thing is to keep 5:2 doable. So eating that extra 80 calories is not a big deal.

You might find that as you go on you find you can cut down to under 500 calories on a fast day, but even if you don’t you will lose weight and improve your health. Cheers, and all power to you!

Hi Cinque,
    On a fast day today. So far so good. Got a main meal and a sugar free jelly and it’s me done at 500!! Just got to stick to it.
    Thanks loads for getting back.
    🙂

Yay! Congratulations!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.