New to 5:2 and would welcome buddies to share ideas with.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
New to 5:2 and would welcome buddies to share ideas with.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pootle 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Started this week by fasting on Tuesday, saved all my calories for a lovely stuffed red pepper and salad. Don’t usually eat breakfast anyway so found it quite easy to wait until the evening to eat. I find that if I eat breakfast I am ravenous after an hour or so but I can go until late afternoon without eating if I skip breakfast.
    Second fast day today, saved all calories up again and have just eaten a chargrilled chicken, roasted red pepper and baby leaf salad.
    Hoping to be able to stick to this and finally be successful. I have tried several diets over the years, all of which have made me lose weight but I have put it all back on again and some of them have caused health problems too (fortunately not permanent).
    Hoping that there are like minded people out there who could offer support and ideas. Thanks.

Hi Pootle
    I hust started 3 weeks ago. Down 8lb so far. Have 2 stone to go. I fast Monday and Thursday. So far been ok, I count my calories on non
    fast days but really need to do more exercise.
    I’ve been dieting most of my adult life but hopefully now I’ve found the one that works.

Good luck to both of us

Hi,
    Well done on your loss so far, that’s brilliant! I’m going to weigh on Tuesday but the scales look good so far (sneaky look shows 3 1/2 lbs off so far) Fingers crossed!
    I fasted Monday and Thursday last week and will probably stick to that. I must admit, I have found that I can cope quite well with the fasting by focussing on having a really nice meal in the evening. I am also being careful what I eat on other days too, counting calories but not worrying too much about ‘dieting’.
    I too have been dieting most of my adult life, Slimming World, Weight watchers, Slim fast, Dukan, all worked, but I have never managed to keep the weight off for long. The most successful was the Dukan diet but it is just so restricting and it made me ill too. I started having kidney problems from all the protein and all the dairy caused me to have acid reflux. I’m hoping that the 5:2 will finally be ‘the one’. I have a long way to go; 5 stone, if you go by BMI and the charts but, plod on and hopefully, one day I’ll be fitter and healthier.
    Good luck to you too!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.