New faster with a question about fitting fasting in with work

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
New faster with a question about fitting fasting in with work

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Couscous 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi all,

I’m planning on starting my fasting this week after seeing my mum doing it with good results.

I am clear on the basics of 500 calories each on a fast day. The only problem I have is that I work in a brewery, and as part of my job I have to taste beer throughout the day (I know this doesn’t sound like a problem to most people!).

Should I have a meal of say 400 cal in the evening to counteract the calories I have consumed through tasting beer? I don’t have a set amount of samples so I can’t really predict how much I will be tasting each day. It’s a mouthful of a pint here and there, not full pints!

I have done WW previously and asked my group leader – she simply laughed and said it wasn’t a problem. That isn’t very constructive as you can imagine.

Maybe someone has a good idea I haven’t thought of?

Thanks in advance 🙂

– Jess

Hi
    My name is Donna and I started the fast diet last week. Found my first fast days quite difficult as I do not like the feeling of hunger, especially the growly gurgling type as it can make me feel nauseous. But it went ok and made sure I knew exactly what I would be eating on those days. You must be prepared for those days and not just wing it and hope it works out. Knowing my next day would be a normal day was my one and only inspiration that kept me going.
    My normal day after my first fast was surprising. On eating my first full size meal (dinner) I found myself feeling that full feeling before I had finished, I never feel full feeling, I can eat for England. So I did the right thing and stopped and threw what was left away. I know for a fact now, if anything comes from this, it will make my body realise what full and hungry mean and I learn to act upon these feelings and not just go willy nilly through life eating for the hell of it. I have not at this point weighed or measured myself but I shall this week. I am sure if I do loose weight my clothes will let me know… Lol
    I look forward to reading everyones thoughts and experiences and I hope I can add a few of mine along the way…. 🙂

Hi Jesslemess,
    You say you have to taste beer, so my initial advice is do not swallow…..
    I know it may sound silly but it is probably not a requirement to actually swallow the beer. (Excuse me while I have a fit of jealousy).
    Seriously though if you do not swallow then I think it would be an intelligent guess as to how many calories you would actually “consume” by tasting then spitting out. You could seek advice from the one of the brewery nutritionalists who should be available
    This is an interesting problem.It is one that possibly Michael could have a look at for you as you are the first poster I have come across with this type of job.
    Please keep us posted with any results to your problem and to your progress.
    Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.