New and "Hoping"

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  thrivealive@135 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I’m new and I’m hoping this life change will make a difference ….for good.

2 years ago I started a “very low restricted calorie ” diet . I was under the care of a nutitionist/chiropractor and took Hcg drops (not injections)
    I lost 27 lbs in 4 mos. It was great! at the same time I was training for a century bike ride. Since then the weight has started to creep back. I really do not eat “that many” calories,- although I do like my wine – but I am also very active (last year completing 2 triathlons (one half ironman) and 3 half marathons and many many miles on the bike ) I am 57 yrs old so I know the weight is just harder to get off at my age.

I have 10-15 lbs to lose to get to my goal weight
    and I want to STAY there!

any words of wisdom – encouragement etc would really be appreciated.

I’d love to know if you all feel the back to back fasting works as well or better than the alternate day fasting or ???
    thanks!
    V

Hi Virginialu! I am new too! I started on 01/05, but I have a bit further to go–I want to lose 30lbs! I am currently doing the 5:2 for now, and once I have adjusted to that in the next week or so, adding in exercise (it has sadly been a while) and then may switch to a 4:3.

My goal is to do everything progressively; in the past going cold turkey on anything resulted in disappointment for me. Though I so badly want to lose weight fast, I inevitably give end up giving up too quickly it is too difficult to maintain.

Just having passed my 3rd Fast Day, I have come to realize how much I would snack throughout the day. Also, another benefit has been on my non fast days, I end up eating more–my eyes have become too big for my stomach!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.