Never say it's 'only' 1 lb

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Never say it's 'only' 1 lb

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I could say I’ve ‘only’ lost 1lb this week ……BUT…… I started doing 5:2 to ‘kick start’ my weight loss again after reaching a ‘plateau’. I’ve been doing 5:2 for three weeks and have lost FIVE lbs in that time – added to my other weight loss, since February I have lost 40lbs in total that’s 20% of my original weight and I’m 2/3 of the way to my target weight.

It may not continue like this every week but as long as the trend is downwards I’ll be a happy bunny.

Thank you Michael Mosley!

Well realistically the weight loss should only be 1lb if you do the maths. To lose 1lb of fat requires you to eat 3500 cals fewer than you need. If you can eat 2000 cals a day without gaining weight,the fast days at 500 per day only take you to 3000 fewer,so slightly less than 1lb burnt off. This doesn’t take into account extra exercise etc and some research says ‘not all calories are the same’ Go figure! It’s a complicated business. I exercise a lot and my average weight loss has been about 1.5lbs a week,but,like you sylvestra,I’m grateful for small mercies and to have found a way of losing weight that is the easiest I’ve ever managed.

As long as you’re still losing right?! I get it though… oh how much I’d love to lose 10lb a week, but sadly it doesn’t work that way. Being on a plateau is very annoying (but I break through those quite easily with a week of zero carbs) but actually gaining weight is the worst.

Anyway, grats on the 40lb Sylvestra! I hope to have lost that amount somewhere soon as well…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.