Need to kick start my health again

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi all, I’m just starting today. I did this diet earlier this year, but fell off the wagon and struggled to get back on. Today’s the day! I have fasted from midday after my lunch at work, and had home made veg burger (calorie counted) with salad for tea.

I need to get some energy back and start exercising again. I had followed the Couch to 5k, but haven’t done any in almost a year now. I’m hoping that this forum will keep me inspired and on track.

Hi Lisame, and welcome back to 5:2! 🙂 It’s great that you want to give it another go 🙂 and fantastic that you have started your ‘first’ fast today. Very best wishes for it 😀

So, as a ‘re-starter’, you know the drill! Hopefully this forum will provide the extra support to keep you on the wagon!!

Have you thought about what the factors were that caused you to fall off the wagon, and what strategies you can put in place to avoid them this time? This forum would be a great source of help and support with these.

It sounds like stopping exercise may have been one of these factors? What was it about the exercise that caused you to stop? Would a different form of exercise suit you more? If you don’t want to exercise too much, just try to do the 10000 steps a day, and make sure you calculate your TDEE based on the activity level you are currently undertaking. (Note that you can still lose weight without a lot of exercise, providing you adjust the cals to your activity level. Of course, moderate exercise has many other benefits apart from helping with weight loss.)

I am sure you have already had a good look around the forum, but do explore topics of interest – there are so many people posting now that there is lots of info, but sometimes specific things can be hard to find, so try the search function as well.

Very best wishes second time round, and do make god use of this forum, both by seeking and offering support.
    Sassy 😀

@lisame

“I need to get some energy back and start exercising again. ”

I have my easier workout & I have a medium and hard workout that I’ve not done in a long time.

I can always do my easy, fun workout.

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/feed-fast-hiit-november-2013/#post-17060

Join us & track your monthly progress?

âž°

Welcome back.
    Does that mean we are all on a wagon?

Who is driving??!!!!

🙂

Dumpling: if we are on a wagon, hang on because the driver doesn’t go round pot holes!

Ricky: different workouts sound good, you won’t get bored or feel it’s too much if there is something you CAN do. 🙂 I suppose that way I wouldn’t beat myself up for not going.

Sassy: it IS good to be back. I felt much better this morning after starting my fast midday yesterday. Then by 1pm had a killer headache, and nausea. I think this was mainly sinus related though, rather than fasting.

I loved jogging before, and hope to get back into it again. Tbh depression was a big part of stopping, I struggled to do the minimum. I have surprised myself by being ready to start again. Feeling better, and getting out & about walking or jogging, will help the depression as well as physical fitness. I’m ready to jump back on that wagon and hang on past the rougher bit til I toughen up or the road gets smoother and more familiar. 🙂

Thank you all for making me feel so very welcome.

Owww,pot holes. They are a killer!

Can I drive? I’ll wear a uniform.

Well done on your day, sounds like your brain is in a good place now to get your body back on track.
    All the best.

Don’t let Ling drive, she’ll make you run behind the wagon…

Good to hear you’ve started again Lisa! Kickstarting, the wagon… damn, all those analogies. I guess it’s time to oil the engine and clean the gears!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.