need encouragement..new to diet

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
need encouragement..new to diet

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kword 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hello! So I have just started to 5:2 diet last week and didnt lose any the first week. I started on a Sunday and weighed myself then and fasted last tuesday. So I weighed myself that next Sunday and nothing. Of course I weighed myself after fast days and would be 3 pounds down but then after 4 normal days of eating I weighed on that Sunday and was the same at beginning weight. When do you usually weigh in? Is it usually after normal days since most likely everyone would be lighter after fast days? I havent read the book yet so Im not sure the best plan for it. I have PCOs and know that it takes more for me to lose weight unless I go on a strict low carb diet (which I can do but find it extremely difficult ). Wanted to give 5:2 a shot and see. For those doing this for a while and have lost weight, when you eat normally do you still treat yourself to sweets (not over doing it) or anything once in while or do you stay pretty strict on normal days as well? Its only been a week so Im trying not to get discourged by week one at all. Just need some encouragement. Im 34, new mom and have about 30 pounds to lose. I know this is a slow but steady weight lose which is great though.Any PCOers out there have success and not need to go low carb on normal days?

Hi kword. There’s lots on the forum about this, but basically eating normally on the other days does not equal feasting. For example, I absolutely cannot go above the 2000 cals, others have to eat far less. Get reading the book for all you need to know and in the meantime have a look at the FAQs on this site and in particular the brill video http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-fast-diet-quickly/
    Good luck!

Hi Kword

I have just finished week 10 and have lost 10lbs it has been slow compared to other 52ers here but I am losing the weight.

I make sure I stick to 500 calories (or under) each fast day. I dont fast on consecutive days. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my fasting days. I dont eat breakfast on fast days I have my last meal the night before around 5.30pm and then the next one is the day after at 12pm (105 cals max) then the bulk goes on my dinner.

Do be mindful of what you are eating on non fast days. At least to begin with….I log all food on the My Fitness Pal site.

Try and eat your TDEE I eat 2000 cals on non fast days. Most of the time it is healthy type of food not junk. But I do have the odd takeway or chocolate.

I find I lose alot more weight on weeks that I exercise as well. Its beneficial to me and I also enjoy doing it.

Its about finding what is right for you. Give it six weeks at least and play around with food and eating times 🙂

Great thanks! I will get reading and definetely watch what I eat on non fast days as well. I will give is a go and see what happens in the next few weeks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.