Need advice

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  javin 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Never dieted before. Started 5:2 last week. No problem not eating just keeping busy. Careful on non fast days too. Fast days 657 and 677 respectively. Non fast days 1437 1100 and 1941. Fast day today. (around 600 cals mark) Was 17st 4lbs now 17st.9lbs. This happened before when I went into training for Bruce Protocol for my race licence. 3 months in the gym 3 days a week minimum 2hrs per day net result gain 1/2 stone.(was not dieting then)

I should like to get to somewhere in the 15 stone range by 1st race in May. Thought this was the answer HELP please

Ta

Hi javin and welcome:

Number 2 here might help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/. Number 4 might help with your expectations.

Your body can gain/lose two or more pounds a day regardless of what you eat, or what you don’t eat. In addition, a high carb diet causes water retention, which can add water weight even though you are losing fat weight.

You don’t mention exercise, but if you have recently started exercising, that may also play a role.

Focus on doing your two diet days correctly each week (5/600 cal. or less each day) and insure you are not eating over your TDEE on the remaining days, and you have to lose weight.

Good Luck!

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. I read the link you supplied and understand the tdee etc. Having to avoid any ‘exercise’ at the mo because of slipped disc and thought 5:2 would be the answer to the dilemma.

Pleased to say that having put on 5 lbs in week one despite staying below tdee I have dropped 6lbs in week two. starting week three in full optimist mode. I have found that drinking marmite spiked with Worcestershire sauce and a bit of tabasco (sounds awful) gives me the liquid and salts needed on fast days and slaughters the hunger/craving pangs (savoury is my thing). Have also noticed enhanced taste and general reduce intake of food.

cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.