My Weight Loss in over 5 to 6 months…

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
My Weight Loss in over 5 to 6 months…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  viking55803 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi! I’m new here and here is my story.

I’m 23, male and I’ve started Fasting back in July. One day a week only, Mondays to be honest, here’s what I do, every Sunday by 7:00pm until Monday 7:00pm I don’t eat anything solid, just water or yogurt (lately).
    The first week I lost 3 kilos. I felt great because I could see some of my muscles that I didn’t knew I had developed, I like fasting, but I have some questions.

How much will affect if I reduce it from 24 hours to 18/19 hours?
    I only eat Watermelon or other fruits on Mondays, and I don’t have dinner too.
    Because, after I started fasting back in July, I lost my appetite on the evenings, is that good or bad? Sometimes I don’t feel hungry in the mornings too. Even though I eat something, a Yogurt mínimum.

I’m stuck with 75 to 76 kilos, I should weight 70 to 72, I workout 3 days a week for 2 hours, what else can I try? Are there any other things to try or a list of things to avoid or something similar?

Anyway, thanks for Reading.

You don’t say how much you’ve lost in total.
    24 hours is barely a fast so I wouldn’t see any advantage in reducing it to 18 if you still want to lose weight. You also say you’re eating when you’re not hungry. I think you’re answering your own questions here.
    Well done on your loss so far and keep it up!
    ?

Hi! Thanks for replying! You’re right, I’ll keep it in 24 hours, with no Breakfast and no dinner. I’ll keep checking myself every week as I’ve been doing.

I’ve lost 8 kilos in 5 months. Still more to go, thanks for Reading! (:

On the 5:2 diet or way of eating, a fast is actually more like 36 hours and is not a “true” fast: you eat about 1/4 of your daily calorie needs. So, for example, I last ate 12 hours ago (8 PM) and except for my 500-600 calories sometime today, I won’t eat a regular meal until 8 AM tomorrow which is 36 hours total.

The advantage of eating 500 calories of mostly protein and plants during a “fast” day is that it probably helps protect against muscle catabolism. We want to lose fat, not muscle mass.

I think the FAQ section on this site explains most of this pretty well. Good health!

Gary

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.