My story, 45 pounds lost in 6 months

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
My story, 45 pounds lost in 6 months

This topic contains 16 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  DebFF 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

• I just thought I would share my story to inspire others!!!
    I saw this diet from this morning tv show and thought I would give it a ago, I’ve never exercised in my entire life and hate the thought if it!!! I first started in May 2013, I first started with 2 fasting days…. Often choose these days on Monday and Wednesday, at first it was so difficult and my stomach was rumbling….. After a few months it was beginning to be so easy! In June I upped my diet days to 3 days…. Loosing weight rapidly. I did this diet as I was overweight. I started off weighing 106kgs which I think is 16 and a half stone, 6 months later I was 85kgs!!! Just over 13 stone, that’s 45 pounds lost!!! I did NOT exercise once throughout my diet. On my eat days oh boy did I eat, dominos pizza,harvester,pizza hut… KFC you name it!!! I used it to eaton my diet days once at around 3pm or 4 so I wouldn’t go hungry in the night…. During the day I would drink tea which I never used to add onto my daily intake and also lots of diet coke!! I found eating once a day such as noodles I then used to bulk up my food with low calorie foods such as mushrooms,garlic,chilli which honestly works wonders!!! I also used to snack on frozen raspberry throughout the day as they where very low. This diet changed my entire life, I came off the diet in November and it now February …. I have ate normal every single day and still weigh 85kg!! I thought I would pile the weight on but never! To any women or men that are considering this diet I would push you to try it, yes it can be tough the first few weeks but it’s worth it, and the benefits of it is that you can eat what you want the next day! I mean ANYTHING! other reason why this diet works is because you can eat what you like, diets such as weight watchers or slimming world fail because eventually you go back to eating fatty and everyday foods which are restricted in some diets, now this diet trains your body into eating high calorie food and the starving days allows you to use up the storage of food rather then keep on storing it which is why you end up gaining weight! I am so happy with my weight now, I have gone from a size 18 to a size 10-12 on top and 14 on bottom, I have gone from a waist line of 46 inches to 29 inches. I am is happy and when people say it’s not healthy to fast I fact it’s a way of keeping onto of your weight. I really hope everyone gives this diet a go. 🙂

Well done Kerrya that is absolutely brilliant! I am even more impressed that you don’t even do 1 day of fasting to maintain. I think I am so programmed now that I will always do one fast day a week even when I get to goal just to be sure! 🙂

Great job!

It is surprising to me how (even after friends/relatives) see how well this works…they still have 100 excuses why they could NEVER fast. Without even trying it.

I lost 35 pounds in 6 months…and haven’t felt this good or looked this good in over 25 years…

http://mymorningcup-chc.blogspot.com/2014/02/a-cup-of-success-52-diet.html

We’ll done ladies!!!! Fitzy, I do agree, but I probably still do 1diet day over all as my stomach has shrunk the days which I think I eat a lot I probably haven’t! I am a girl that used to eat a roast dinner for breakfast, I do think the 1 day a week would be pretty easy! Carla well done!!! You are looking fab!! You should be so proud of yourself, and I agree when I tell people how I loose weight they are instantly against it such as ” oh no I couldn’t live on 500 cals” but you can! I used to eat Sherwood noodles 2 lots which would equal 400 cals, add an oxo cube, mushrooms,garlic and chilli …. Eat a weight watchers yoghurt, drink a diet coke …. If you know the tricks you will be surprised how much you can eat ! Even strawberry for a whole punet is 100 calories! Xxxxxxx well done ladies

I know Kerrya so many people just don’t think about what they can have for 500 calories. I have a 600ml tub of soup for lunch and a stir-fry or salad on my fast days and to be honest it is absolutely fine. I often don’t eat until late afternoon on the weekends anyway so it is quite habit forming and definitely doable.

Carla you look fab – leather jeans way to go girl!! 🙂

Thank you so much for sharing your story, you have really inspire me, something is needed.

WOW, ladies, well done! (you look fab, Carla!)

Thanks for sharing your story, kerrya, you’ve really inspired me! I started on Monday, and it’s really not that difficult! I’m basically at the same weight as you were when you started – so I’m looking forward to 6 months from now… I’ve got my Mum as a fasting partner 🙂

thanks again!

xx

great story thanks Kerrya, I’m on my first week and still scared this will not work for me, I know it does for so many but I keep thinking it’s too good to be true 😉

We shall see though, it’s very inspiring to read these kind of stories though 🙂

Kits x

Hi ladies!

somehow I seem to have missed this so I am bumping it lol, inspiring stuff and needs to be read again 🙂

a great massive well done to you all 😉

Kerrya: I think I need to stop playing and get serious. I’m not losing as fast as I’d like; I’m losing, but mainly maintaining. Enough is enough! Starting tomorrow, I’m adding another day of fasting to my program.

My husband and I fast on Mondays and Wednesdays, but I’m adding Fridays, too. For some reason my body adjusted to those two days by losing, then gaining and then plateauing. I did lose a pound this week, but only because I had gained last two weeks of overindulgence on non-fast days. I know I can’t do that, but I had some extras. That’s stopping, too. So far, I’ve lost 14 lbs, and my goal is to lose 45 lbs. or 50 lbs. total and then maintain it 6:1 or maybe my body may need the two days for maintenance. We’ll see.

I wear a size 10-12, but look far better wearing 5-6. My clothing that’s been hanging in the closet for a few years are 6-8. I miss them so much and they miss me! When I reach my goal, I’m taking lots of before and after pics to share.

Let’s see what happens. Thanks for the heads-up.

@etherial Good on you for losing a stone already! Hope you’ll get past the plateauing as quickly as possible. Have you tried measuring yourself? Maybe that will show you some changes!
    Ps: if you work out as well, that might be the reason you’re not losing as quickly – as building muscle can add weight – and also retain water in your body, according to simcoeluv, I think it was.
    @kerrya and everyone – I’m really happy I stumbled across this post for motivation…. You rock!!! Since Monday I’ve lost two kg! (Almost 1/3 of a stone! Yay! Just 3 3/4 to go!)

Anyway – good luck etherial and good job everyone who’ve posted their results! X

Wonderful! Everyone here is doing so well and now I’m a part of this circle. Fabulous! Going away for the weekend, but I’m sticking to my plan and will keep you posted next week if the scale has moved in my favor.

Take care, everyone.

Enjoy your weekend away, etherial! Do please update us when you’ve noticed some changes 🙂

X

I only want to lose about 7 to 10 lbs because I have already lost 50 lb with weight watchers but I want to keep it off, I still go to my classes every week but I am stuck with 5 lb over the goal weight. I had my first of my fasting days yesterday Friday and I intend do the second on Monday, my weigh-in day is Tuesday in weight watchers. I can do this. thank you for your inspirational message.

Wow, well done Kerrya and everyone!
    45 pounds in 6 months is fantastic, I hope to reach circa the same result – I’m exactly 17 stone and hope to write 13-14 stone in six months! 😉

Happy fasting everyone xx

just started last week. aged 67 13stone 7lb taking blood pressure drugs, so I am going to try and lose weight and ditch the drugs.Fast days weds and Fridays, when I also do deep water aerobics. Hope the two together will work, have not dieted for 20 years. Wish me luck.

Hi there. Just started last week with loads to lose. Started well and then went off the boil a bit although I still lost 2lbs last week so heavens knows what I would have lost if I had stuck to the diet properly!!! After reading all the inspirational stories here though I WILL have a better week this week. xx

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply.