My progress…exciting!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
My progress…exciting!

This topic contains 1,342 replies, has 78 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,051 through 1,100 (of 1,349 total)

• Thanks, Sarah! My partner’s been trying to teach me how to talk Yorkshire for 4 years; I can understand it better than I used to, and my students seem to understand me, so I must be making progress lol

To answer the question on the HIT exercises – well they are pretty generic and simple – kind of like the diet itself. Simple – easy to follow. Essentially the best exercises for HIT are cycling on an indoor bike which is what Dr. M does then running, then stair climbing, cross training, then swimming, rowing, and then jump rope from what I remember. The bike was chosen because you want to amp up the resistance and then push as hard as you can for like 10 seconds followed by a couple minutes of slow cycling and then cycle back 10 seconds for a total of 10 minutes 3 times a week. Then you build up to 20 seconds of high intensity followed always by the slow pace cycling in between. So far I have just been doing bursts of fast walking in between slow walking and then bursts of stair running. Dr. M stated he didn’t like to exercise and wanted it over with as fast as possible to minimize the time and effort. I can relate to THAT. If you find yourselves plateauing then you can give it a try.

I’m plateuing I’m plateuing! I have got hit 7 min workout on my tablet so should do it while I’m off this week.

yeah i am the same karen, I now lost 3lbs in 2 months or 8 when compared with last week,

thats after having guests last weekend and then two excercise routines this week to clear the lymph system of bugs/toxins and generate endorphins

HIIT SOUND DEAD SIMPLE BUT YOU NEED YOUR OWN XCERCISE BIKE-i was biking twice a day week b4 last but it actually gAVE ME MORE DESIRE TO EAT.

charmaine where are u?

Yes Charmaine where are you, thought you’d be finished your course now? How are you doing? If you’re not doing so well you’re in good company this week, I’ve put on half a lb (again), Ken 1.5 lbs and David thinks he’s plateauing so we all need to kick ourselves up the butt and get down to this again. I’m off for 9 days so hoping to fit more walking in and trying (most days) to keep under my TDEE by just eating one meal and fluids the rest of the day.
    Well talking of walking I’m heading off for my first one so will check in later guys, have a great day:)x

Hi all, sorry iv not posted in a while. I just was wondering how u were all getting on x

Hi flower power. Well I’m still struggling with getting my holiday weight off, losing and gaining the same half lb 🙁 I think I’m going over my TDEE on non fast days so from today taking myself in hand and going for it. It took me weeks to lose half a stone before I went and this time is even worse so got to reign myself in and watch what I’m eating.
    How about you?

Weigh day today, don’t want to talk about it.

Sarah – sleepless night hence stupid o’clock in the morning post! Its been a week for gains on our thread, mine was almost up to post hol weight yesterday and I was horrified. So I kicked myself up the bum and did a mini fast in the end – came in at less than 900 cals and period also arrived! I’d been wondering what I was doing wrong and getting really downhearted but I think fluid’s been part of the problem. Today (Monday), I’m doing a proper fast and hopefully I’ll also get rid of more fluid over next couple of days and by Friday I’m hoping things get on an even keel again. So my advice is don’t get upset, there could be other things causing a gain and we all have daily fluctuations, jump back on that wagon, try to stick to your TDEE on non fast days and you’ll soon see results. 🙂
    Anyway better get back to bed!

Hello all!!! Karen, David, Ken and all…I am here and have been tied up with events at work. Feeling disheartened also. My same pounds are going up and down and up and down and up and down…and you get the drift. Sigh.

It is because of you guys that I gain the encouragement…Karen, David, Ken esp you to keep going. Thanks for that.

So…4:3 this week. Target is to lose my water weight piled on post TOM. And then some.

To all the others….glad to have you’ll chat on here andstay connected…keep going. I keep reading success stories to motivate me…and it does wonders 🙂

Good day all!!

Charmaine, did you see my post above yours? I wrote it at some god un-earthly time because I came downstairs last night when I couldn’t sleep. Exactly the same for me in the last week and I had got very down about it but then bingo ‘it’ arrived yesterday and I’ve lost 2 lbs overnight!:-)I probably struggle more with losing weight than you younger girls because I’m 51 and ‘the time of the month thingies’ are all over the place so for the last 2 weeks my belly has felt like it was popping out of my jeans with fluid. It’s that much harder when you hit menopause but I know it’s possible to lose so I just keep going and jumping on and off that wagon at times too. So I’m rooting for you to complete your 4:3 this week, I know you can do it. When are your fasting days this week? I’m fasting today and Thursday and maybe a mini fast again on Wednesday, depending on my daily checks on the scales and hoping for at least a little loss on Friday.

Well better go, as usual will check in later 🙂 x

Oh and Charmaine, I’m glad you’re back with us again, I was getting a little worried you’d got lost 😉 x

Good Morning everyone from a sunny Rochdale in deepest Lancashire 🙂

Well i had a great weekend with my 2 little Granddughters , its time for Grandads rest now ha ha ha .

Charmaine your back with us , brill hun 🙂 dont be too down sweetie ok , just keep going you know we are all here , and on FB too , keep messages going ok

Well i am also fasting to day and i know a lot of you are too so lets all have a good one , I have only had water and Herby tea so far today , i will look to have mt soft boiled egg in about half an hour , I am getting quite good at timing them now lol
    Ok People may the Calorie force be with us all 🙂

love
    ken
    x

Hiya Ken, Im trying to stick to fluids till tea time and so far just had tea/coffee, I seem to find it easier not eating till later cos when I start I sometimes can’t stop lol

i said i would follow your mini traget plan charmaine- so I started my 3 diet days just with water-I will try drinking water when I am hungry at work-so much happenming at weekends next weigh in will be sat 26 july but I will keep up my lym,ph system pushing swimming-training routine each at least once a week if i can.

Doing well David and nice to hear from you 😉

well its now in the mainstream press regular excercise 3 times a week and lifestyle factors such as a healthy diet(antioxidant-probiotic-rich!) all a mean your risk factors for alszheimers and diabetes etc.etc. are much lower.

according to cambridge academics instead of american ones!

Checking in after some time away from the boards, but I’m still doing the 5:2 and getting slight weight loss results, which if fine. Life got crazy busy for me this summer. Amazing. I’m caught up on several screens of your conversations – good to see you are all going strong. I’m backing off a bit on hearty exercise, as I have a medical appointment to look into irregular heart beats. I’m 60 years old — and trusting this is a simple problem. My first experience with this. Accepting any and all positive energy concerning this. Thank you ahead of time. Take care and keep moving and making progress. Blessings. JeanDee

Hi Jean, nice to hear from you and glad to hear your weight is still going in the right direction.
    I’m hoping your doctors appointment goes well. I sometimes get palpitations, mainly if I drink red wine but try not to worry too much about it as I’ve had ECG in the past and everything was OK but its best to get these things checked out just for peace of mind. Let us know how you go with that. 🙂

Hi all well today has been good i have come in at under 550 cals so i am having a 10 cal jelly as a treat lol

all quiet today guys? i stuck to my fast till about 1500-only 250 cals approx- the rest of the day is when it get tough but have been resisting cravings from hunger

Hi David, I’m back from York now and not been fasting today. Had a lovely meal with my daughter at Loch Fyne so tomorrow no food till evening meal again, just fluids. I knocked another half lb off this morning after yesterdays fast, the lowest post hol weight I’ve been yet. Some will prob go back on tomorrow though so back to fasting business as usual.
    How’s everyone else today. Ken you’re quiet?

Hi guys. Long time no speak! How’s everyone doing. I was hugely disappointed on Sunday to find I’d put back on two of the three pounds I’d before, wtf :'( . It seems I can’t eat what I want on non-fast days. My BMR is a little over 1200 and TDEE is a little over 1700. I need to eat more towards the BMR methinks.

I have to say, though, that I do seem to have more energy and now am waking up feeling like I’ve slept. 🙂

Hello all, good morning. Karen – I love it that I am back too 🙂 I am here to stay…and will not give up on myself and all of you! I am fasting today and also on Friday. Not going to work out. I want to get my eating habits in control first.

David – glad you are going on with the challenge. Good luck with the next weigh in…and well done on the discipline!

Ken – hope you are doing well too! Grand daughters are helping you burn lots of calories and stay cheerful I see.

Doodlemom – it’s water that you retain after eating normal. I usually don’t wiegh myself after normal days…so that I can let myself a couple of days to get rid of water weight.

Hope everyone has a successful day…wish me luck and good luck to you!

Morning everyone. Glad you’re back charmaine, thought you’d got lost again! I’m doing a semi fast again today to get rid of the treat day I had yesterday eating and drinking what I wanted. Tomorrow is my normal fast, hoping for wee loss from last Friday. Good luck on todays fast.

Sarah – we all get weigh in’s like that (me last week for example) so draw a line under it, move on and you’ll be fine. Glad you’ve worked out your BMR and TDEE and yours isn’t much higher than mine so we have to be more careful how much (and what) we eat on non-fast days. At the moment I’m fasting Mon/thurs and doing a mini fast on Weds too where I try not to eat until tea time (just drink fluids all day)and come in around 1000 cals or less. On tues/fri/ and the weekend I more or less eat/drink what I like but if the weights creeping up again I do another mini fast to keep it down. This week it seems to be working pretty well and I don’t feel too deprived either. Try that and see how you go.

Ken – you’ve been very quiet on here and facebook, are you ok? Just keeping an eye on you there!

Well better go and walk the hound because I’ve got the hairdresser coming at 9 so I’ll check out for now.

Have a good day everyone xx

Hello everyone, just thought I’d say hi. Glad you’re all keeping going! Don’t give up – even if the weight loss is slow, remember all the other health benefits.

I’m slowly edging towards my mini target, 1.5 lbs to go 🙂

my deadline date charmain is 4th august- some people on the 5 2 seem to manage 2lb a week with intensive HIIT and conunting but I am not up to that. thks to karen & jo i am cheered up

hi hilly, good luck for your pound and a half.

charmaine, hope your fast went ok. nice to see you back with us 🙂

karen,sounds like you had a lovely day with your daughter. glad you enjoyed it 🙂

david, 4th august seems a long way away but will soon come around. the people that do 2lb a week most probably have more to lose than yourself. anything any of us lose is a bonus no matter how big or small

ken, hope all is ok. you have gone quiet.

hi to everyone else and i hope we are all having a good week

take care all x

Hello all , Yes I have been quiet . but everthing is good . I am fasting today , i will post a bigger report later ok
    May the Calorie force be with us all
    ken
    x

Hi All our fantastic fasting Family

I have been busy over the past couple of days, well i am back . i went to see my doctor and everything is fine , with me being on 5:2 for 3 months now i wanted to know for my age etc what my ideal weight , bmi etc should be .
    i am 61

so the answer is my bmi should be 25.4 give or take a cuople of percentage points and my ideal weight should be 12st 3lb or 78 kg
    she was really good and told me i am doing everything right , including my level of exercise and i am very close to my ideal weight etc

so i am chuffed to bits with all that

ok I have been doing my home made veg soup this is how i do it , i would love your comments
    Onion 250g 95 cals
    Carrot 350g 119 cals
    Cabbage ( cut in short strips ) 150g 44 cals
    peas ( frozen) 200g 172 cals
    sweetcorn (forzen) 200g 138 cals
    Chick peas ( 1x 240g tin) 240g 180 cals
    tomatoes (1x 400g tin ) 400g 74 cals
    2 x Veg Stock cubes 14 cals

TOTAL 836 CALS

Salt n pepper to season , and if you like you can add a few dried herbs i use a pinch of mint and oregano

soften the onion in a lrage stock pot
    then add carrots and some stock , give the carrots about 4 or 5 mins on their own .
    then add the rest of your ingredients , plus your stock , you might want to add more water too , but not too much ,
    Bring to the boil then simmer till everything is cooked to your liking

NOW THE BEST BIT
    BLITZ THE LOT

I have got 9 portions from my effort , each portion is just over 300g and it works out at 92.8 cals per potion

( 836 Cals divide by 9 )
    I had 1 portion at lunch time today and i have to say it was yummy

ok i have gone on long enough for now
    hope you are all having a great Calorie force day
    love
    Ken
    x

Ken…very happy for you. The progress you have made is so inspiring. Way to go! Thanks for the recipe…it sounds delicious…will try soon.

Karen…well done on staying under. Good luck for the weigh in!!

Pam, david, hilly…good to hear from you! Keep it going!! Hoping you all reach ur goals soon!!

Morning guys – your recipe sounds lovely Ken, I’m afraid I just cheat and get a Morrisons ready prepared soup mix, add water and a couple of stock cubes, seasoning and a few chilli flakes, cook and blitz the lot! Simples but very lazy!Hope your weigh in goes well this morning and you knock off what you put on last week.

I stayed the same but knocked off 1.5 lbs from yesterdays rubbish weigh in. Did loads of exercise though so it might be fluid retention. Eating fairly healthily today – I’m having my parents over for a buffet lunch but making a no pastry Slimming World Quiche to go with salad and new potatoes and pizza so as long as I don’t go mad with the pizza I should come in ok on cals again. I’m going out with Harvey shortly and plan 2 more walks later.

Charmaine – how are you doing? Is work still manic?

Hilly way to go almost hitting your mini target! Doing well and keeping on track.

David – I hope you’re still feeling cheered up and motivated. Keep going, you’ve done really well so far and you’ll get where you want to be soon.

Well going to head off now and take Harvey out for his first walk, enjoy the sun everyone, it’s going to rain tomorrow! x

Good Morning my Fasting Family

I DID IT yipeeeee
    at this mornings weigh in i have lost 3 lb plus 1 inch from my waist
    it is actually 14 weeks since i started 5:2 and in that time i have lost 17 lb and 5 inches from my waist

I started at 13st 5 lb and am now 12st 2 lb
    my waist was 42″ it is now 37″
    my bmi was 28.6 it is now 25.8
    so i have officially reached my target , ( would like to drop a couple more points from bmi )
    But hey this is one happy Grandad
    and
    It is all down to help from EVERYONE on this thread
    THANK YOU 🙂 🙂 🙂

you are all fantastic and because we all help and encourage each other it proves it can be done

Hilly oooo you are so close i just know you will do it soon hun xx go girl go

Karen you too are so close to your target i know for a fact that you will do it too xx

infact if i can do it we all can because
    the Calorie force is with us all
    ok enough from me i will check back later
    love ken x

Whoop whoop Ken, well done :-). Proud of you! I’m sure it won’t take you long to lose that wee bit more (we always want that wee bit more). Officially skinny now then and probably healthier as a result.
    So now, come on girls, don’t let those blokes show us up, we can do it too. I’ve only got 2.5 lbs then I’ll be at pre hol weight, Hilly is almost to her 1st goal, charmaine’s doing well, Pam and Sarah, staying strong and not forgetting David (and anyone else I forgot). Get motivated, kick yourselves up the bum and let’s move downwards, its the way to go:-)
    On that note going to love you and leave you, gotta pick up the parents for lunch 🙂 xx

Hi Guys, sorry I’ve been so quiet lately. I’ve either been ironing or making loom bands! I’ll catch up on everyone’s recent news but just had to post a link to a Daily Mail article. I nearly pmsl reading it! All I can say is for goodness sake no-one do an experiment like the one in The Fly, you might just become susceptible to infections. Read it an weep (tears of laughter, that is!).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2696201/The-fasting-5-2-diet-make-live-longer-experts-warn-leave-susceptible-infections.html

Hey lancsken!

Bloody Well Done Mate!

WEIGH TO GO! Or in your case: WEIGHT HAS GONE!!

Very impressive weight loss in such a short time, I’m more than a little green. I have already noticed that you have rushed with indecent haste ( 🙂 ) on to the Maintenance thread and will watch with interest how you negotiate maintaining your weight.

BooBooxx

Hello sorry for butting in, been on 5:2 for 3 weeks but new to the forums. Seems friendly over here so thought I’d plonk my self in an empty seat and try to work out what’s going on!

So far so good, only trouble is the hot weather making it difficult to go out walking and the chocs hubby bought earlier in the week haunting me (now consumed all the “good” ones so that’s off the list at last). I’m being good about logging my wagon-tippers so I don’t fall off completely. Got 280 cals left for this evening so it’s a salad then. Fasting tomorrow which means shopping on an empty stomach (eeeek) but no kids as they’re with their Grandad until after lunch so no pressure buying! I fancy something different next week, any suggestions for nice things?

Hi mammaoo and welcome. So put those chocolates in a high cupboard and pull up a chair! So for food ideas on fast days – I tend to stick to the same things really – homemade soup for lunch (at work but at home I’m now saving all my calories for tea). For tea its normally salad with either chicken/ham/prawns/tuna with pickled red cabbage, beetroot,lettuce,cucumber,tomato,olives,peppers (or whatever I have in. Sometimes an omelette with ham, peppers,onion, garden peas and tomatoes. My hubbies also leaves his calories for tea and has a weight watchers meal with peas or sweet corn. Its easier for me to stick to the same things, saves thinking about it. I also have a couple of low cal hot chocs throughout the course of the day which helps to fill me up and obviously lots of water, tea,coffee with a splash of milk. How much are you hoping to lose And how much so far? x

Hi Karen!
    Sounds like we have similar taste. I like omelette, soup and salad. In the heat we are currently experiencing I can only deal with salad though. I’m thinking I might try some recipes from the Nigella book I got from the library this week. There’s certainly plenty of ideas for non-fast days. Just have to skip past the puds…

My progress so far in 3 weeks is 5lbs, 1″ off bust, 1″ off waist and 2″ off hips. I’m a shortie at 5’2″ so although my weight isn’t too bad 10st7lb) I’m considered fat by the NHS! I’d like to lose at least 1st but fancy the challenge of going down to 9st if I can.

Thank you for the good thoughts, Karen. I did have my tests last week and everything came back normal. Normal is great. Reassuring. I weigh once a month and lost 3 lbs last month. Happy about that. It’s coming off slowly, but I won’t worry about that either. Ken — good job on meeting your goal and thanks for the great example. We’ll all keep moving in the right direction. I know there are weigh ins today — hope you get positive results. Have a lovely weekend.

Mammo, not sure where you live but its been hot herein the North East and know how you feel about only wanting to eat salad, I had it for Sunday lunch! I’m a wee bit taller than you at 5’4 and a bit and I’ve got down to 9st2.5, my goal is 9 st too cos I’m very small framed. Its just so hard though but I keep plugging away, been there before my hol and I’ll get there again

Jean, hi there, glad everything came back normal, great news. A 3 lb loss in a month is good, I’m plateuing again so half a lb a month would work for me ATM!You sound like you’re still plugging away too, a woman after my own heart lol. Let’s just keep going and we’ll get there eventually x

Karen, I’m in Essex and it’s been very hot here today. I’m sitting in the garden with my headphones on blaring music over my neighbour’s awful karaoke! Can I ask how much you’ve lost and what time frame? I’d love to lose 1-2lbs a week but after adding quite a few posts from others, it’s an unrealistic expectation. It would be so nice to reach my target before Christmas. I think if it’s not all gone by then I’ll just maintain at whatever I happen to be because I really hate dieting and hate being disappointed even more! My previous lightest of 9st11lbs would be ok I guess as I felt a lot better for it.

Hi mamamoo, I lost around 6-7 lbs over 12 weeks, which for me was good because I’m small framed, female, 51 and didn’t have much to lose. Put on 5lbs on holiday in June and as of yesterday have lost 2.5 lbs of that. I plateued at this weight before though so not worried about it too much, it’ll go eventually and I’m feeling OK ATM at this weight too. This is slow for us shorties but we will get there in the end so keep going 🙂

And for me this isn’t a diet, its become a way of life, the health benefits are too good to go back to how I ate before (apart from holidays)so even when I get back to 9st I’ll be doing g 6:1 or 5:2☺

Viewing 50 posts - 1,051 through 1,100 (of 1,349 total)

You must be logged in to reply.