My new target- 7 weeks loose 14lb (progress journal)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
My new target- 7 weeks loose 14lb (progress journal)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  abop 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• I have been doing 5:2 mixed with 4:3 since last October, I have gone from 223lbs (15st13) to 196lbs (14st0), I am happy with my progress but feel I could have done better as I had two weeks off over Christmas and then in early febuary slipped on ice and broke my arm so what with being stuck inside a lot more as was unable to get both my small children and a pram out of a first floor flat with only one arm, and having to stop my aerobic classes until it healed 5:2 went completely out the window for 7 weeks, but that is life, the important thing is that not too much damage was done in that time and now I am ready to get back into it, I always found other diets so hard to go back to after falling off the wagon but not 5:2.

My arm is better now and I decided last Monday I am going to enter the 5k race for life and really get back into 5:2 (espeshially now my partner is fasting with me aswell!) so the race is 7 weeks away from last Sunday and the aim is to loose a stone in that time as well as eat healthier things on my eat days and exercise atleast four times a week (1 hour long aerobics class and 3 half hour runs). I have also purchased a fitbit and am aiming to reach the 10,000 step target each day so walking atleast an hour long walk a day aswel. I would like to loose a stone in that time, but the target isn’t just about weight loss this time, I want to feel healthier and be fitter.

I feel like I have come such a long way from the girl I was a couple of years ago weighing 18st6 and getting tired very easily and struggling with low energy levels whilst looking after small children as well as feeling rubbish about the way I look all the time, I feel like 5:2 is the easiest way of loosing weight for me and it has already improved my life so much and not made loosing weight absolutely miserable, I generally find I have had so much more energy since starting 5:2, the fact I am exercising is amazing for me, I can see myself reaching a healthy weight in the future now which has always been so hard for me to actually see being a reality what with having such a long journey to get to it. I hope I can use this thread to report back on my progress.

Abop 🙂 x

Start date- Monday 30th March
    Start weight- 196lbs (14st0)
    Target- Loose 14lb in 7 weeks

Week 1 (Monday 6th April)- 194lbs (13st12) -2

hi well done on your weight loss I have only been on it a month but not had any loss

how ever I am struggling to know what to eat on fast days and am always hungry those days, had an oxo cube as a drink last night don’t know if that s ok either

do I just drink water on those 2 days or can I have 1 cappucino a day,

some one told me not all fruit is calorie free either it is so confusing any tips please?

Very few things are calorie free, you are allowed whatever you want on a fast day but just count the calories. You are probably always going to be slightly hungry on a fast day but it does get easier, I find it best to wait until evening to eat as once I start eating in the day I find it makes me hungrier. It is a good idea to watch carbs on a fast day aswel as they can make you hungrier, protein is good, I usually do chicken and a pile of veg with maybe a tiny bit of mash for dinner or a spaghetti Bolognese sauce with either shredded courgette or carrot instead of pasta and abit of cheese. Downloading an app like my fitness pal is really good as it is easy to find out how many calories are in things and to keep a track of what you are eating, if you are nailing your fast days and still not loosing weight try looking at what you are eating on non fast days x

I was doing 5:2 earlier in the year and had lost 8lbs which I was really happy with as only have a stone to lose in total. Went off the rails at the end of Feb, as I lost my Dad and so was comfort eating and put most of it back on.
    Started again today. I want to lose about the same as you in 7 weeks as going on holiday.
    My weight loss when I first started was really slow and I read a post on here about helpful tips for newbies. The thing that I think really helped me was it talks about your TDEE which is calculated for you when you enter your stats on the site.
    The TDEE (total daily energy expenditure)is the maximum calories you should have in any non-fast day and it helped me to stay below that.
    Will be interested to hear if you manage your goal.
    Carol.

Hey Carolve, sorry to hear about your Dad. I use somewhere inbetween my bmr (1600) and tdee (2000) on eat days but know from using my Fitbit that on an average day I burn 2700cals so don’t beat myself up too much if one day I go over, I am a sucker for the numbers and love working it all out, I think it makes me feel in control and after years of feeling helplessly out of control it’s a nice change. I have heard its harder to loose weight the closer to your healthy weight you get, I need to get down to 11st6 to be in the healthy range so think this stone will be fairly easy again but worried I will struggle with the next one! Good luck on reaching your goal again and enjoy your holiday x

Thanks abop.
    Good luck to you too. Sounds as if you have done really well already.
    Think I need to get a Fitbit too.

Week 1 (Monday 6th April)- 194lbs (13st12) -2lb
    Week 2 (Monday 13th April)- 188lbs (13st6) -6lb!!!

Well this week went pretty well, I think atleast a couple of pounds this week was because it was my totm last week and I was retaining water so I have lost that but I am still really thrilled. Two weeks done and I am just over half way to target and I feel great, I have eaten really well the last week, not only focusing on how much I eat but on what I eat aswel and swapping sugary snacks for fruit or nuts, (mind you we did go to a lovely thorntons café and had lunch and then an ice cream there on friday! and we had a takeaway on Saturday! But over all my food has been a lot better than it would have been usualy.) I also went running twice this week and did two aerobics classes with lots of walks inbetween.
    Still got a long way to go but I am happy because I also became overweight according to my BMI instead of Obese, and my bodyfat percentage has dropped from just over 36% to 35%, 33% is in the healthy range 🙂

Abop x

Week 2 (Monday 13th April)- 188lbs (13st6) -6lb!!!
    Week 3 (Monday 20th April)- 185lbs (13st3) -3lb

three runs and one aerobics class this week, also eaten well this week, no takeaways and no ice cream. When I was looking back through Mfp I realised now I don’t even get near the goal sugar intake, i am sure not long ago I was not only reaching the sugar goal but probably then doing it again, 5:2 and not binging on eat days has really helped me change this for the better. Looking forward to treating myself to some new summery clothes but at the same time resenting having to buy new clothes that hopefully by next summer won’t fit anymore.

Abop x

Start date-Monday 30th March
    Target- lose 14lb in 7 weeks

Week 2 (Monday 13th April)- 188lbs (13st6) -6lb
    Week 4 (Monday 27th April)- 184lbs (13st2) -1lb
    Week 5 (Monday 4th May) – 181lbs (12st13) -3lb

Been struggling a little bit lately, feel like I am making poor food choices on eat days which are making fasts harder to complete. Reached my target for the 7 weeks, also now lost a full 3 stone since starting 5:2

Week 6 (Monday 11th may) – 178lbs (12st10) -3lb

One more week left, it’s strange because the weight loss has been a bit all over the place this time but I have actually lost more through doing exercise and 5:2 opposed to less exercise and doing 4:3. I feel like I am probably going to have to reset my ultimate target of 11st6 as still a way off from looking how I want to and I can’t see just over a stone making a huge difference.
    Abop x

Love your progress @abop – What kind of foods were you eating on ‘eat days’ – I’m extremely unsure of what to eat on those days and feel that is what is affecting my weight loss.

Thanks, I tend to skip breakfast and then eat lunch and dinner without worrying so much, I try to keep my carbs low and try to eat more protein so I am not so hungry, i like omelettes or salad with egg, cheese, ham or tuna for lunch and then dinners I cook most of the time from scratch so will have things like spaghetti bolognese but without the spaghetti and use a julienne peeler to make courgetti instead, I do roast chicken with piles of veg and a little bit of mash or roast potatoes, beef stew in the slow cooker, fajitas with wholemeal wraps. Snacking is my weakness and I still struggle with making the right choices but always have cooked slices of meat in the fridge, nuts and yoghurts. i am a sucker for night time snacking and will have treats then like crisps, wine and chocolate if I haven’t been too bad in the day

Abop x

I’m also a sucker for snacking as well. One of my weaknesses is coke with crisps whilst watching a t.v. Need to get out of this habit as it happens one too many times a week.

I wasn’t too sure whether to cut carbs out all together or just have them occasionally. All these years of yo-yo dieting has caught up with me. Need to get my metabolism working again!

Week 6 (Monday 11th may) – 178lbs (12st10) -3lb
    week 7 (Monday 18th May) – 175lbs (12st7) -3lb

Total amount lost in 7 weeks- 21 lb (1st7lb)

did the race for life yesterday, was lovely weather for it and had a good time, my muscles are aching today though! Really happy with my progress in the last 7 weeks, I have by no means been good all the time but I have eaten healthily for the majority of it and worked on my fitness level, though running did tale off abit towards the end, epseshially when it was raining, I still have walked a lot more in that time and done aerobic classes and done quite a bit of running. Love this wol, only 15lb left to go before I am in the healthy bmi bracket for my height 🙂

abop x

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply.