My beginning – for anyone who is ready to make a change

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
My beginning – for anyone who is ready to make a change

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lolo 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi everyone and thank you for reading this post. Today is my first day on this 5:2 diet (I hesitate to call this a diet, I am adamant to keeping this as my lifestyle).
    I don’t have a lot of weight to lose, just 15lbs (6.8kg) will suffice me. I really respect the people who have started this journey with more than 40lbs to lose, it really takes courage, determination and optimism.
    From reading forum posts I know that a lot of people have dieted furiously throughout their lives before settling in to the 5:2 diet. I have too dieted and binged continuously, and although I do not weight a lot (130lbs), the weight does show on my body as I have a small bone structure. Therefore I wanted to make this post to thank all of you amazing people for helping each other in this journey (and certainly helping me) because I am sick of yo-yo dieting and I have been fighting this battle for too long. So as I have said today is my first day in the 5:2 diet (my fasting day) and I would more than happily talk to any fellow people here for any motivation/support!
    I would just like to tell whoever is reading this that weight loss is not a quick process. It is a journey and consistency is key. I would’ve given anything for someone to drill that concept into my mind before I started the whole dieting shenanigans. I have a TERRIBLE tendency to expect results way too fast. BUT NO MORE!

You’re absolutely right…..it’s hard when your will power takes a nap and the devil on your shoulder takes over, you then beat yourself up and so eat more because you feel you’ve failed so may as well have something nice to cheer yourself up! The cycle takes over and when your willpower wakes up it has an even bigger challenge ahead of it… I’m starting ADF tomorrow (not putting it off, just found it and have eaten too many calories to start today). It’s great, you don’t have to go shopping to get started….just don’t eat anything, easy right …eeek I have about 3.5 stone to lose, wish me luck 🙂

Another repost, but I highly recommend Traci Mann’s excellent book, “Secrets from the Eating Lab: The Science of Weight Loss, the Myth of Willpower, and Why You Should Never Diet Again”. (http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Eating-Lab-Science-Willpower/dp/0062329235)

Very brief synopsis: It’s not your fault. No one is overweight because they lack willpower. Weight management is not a character issue.

Hello Fatcatsam! Thank you for your post! It is so true, i always want fast results, and after seeing some of my siblings lose a great amount of weight in a short time due to drastic measures i have found it harder to like a .5kg weight loss in a week. I am starting the 5:2 diet (lifestyle) again and will stick to it knowing that consistency is the key and not giving up!

How did your first week go?!?!?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.