Missing me

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JFitzy 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• In 2010 I was typing at my computer when something fell on my keyboard, that turned out to be a button from my shirt. I was 101kg an only 5’9″. I’ve always been overweight but this was the final straw. This along with health problems including cancer/chemo (joy not)was the excuse I’d used to eat uncontrollably. So it was time to get real and take control with reduce portions size and sensible eating I dropped to 85kg then plateaued out, then I saw this documentary about fasting, my wife said no its a fad, my colleagues laughed but I have been trying to fast twice a week 600-800 cals and am hovering around 81kg. I have no idea what a good weight is but the BMI calculation suggests a weight of 75kg, the boss says I’m already too thin!

Hi Thomas, BMI is a general guide and not infallible. Try taking your waist measurement. For men their waist measurement should be less than 94cm, for women less than 80cm. Another gauge is that your waist should be less than half your height.

From the stats that you have given you aren’t far off your healthy BMI range anyway.

So if I was you I would grab the tape measure and see how you are faring with that gauge for good health.

Cheers.

Hi Thomas as long as you are fit and healthy I don’t thing you should worry about your BMI too much.

There was a programme on this a couple of years ago and they used the example of rugby players, some of whom weighed 15 stone plus. However they were extremely fit and very lean, pure muscle machines but guess what, according to the BMI chart they were morbidly obese!!!!!!!!! Obviously not the case. As ghostgirl says abdominal fat is the one to watch so if that is within the correct parameters then that is what I would go by.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.