Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

This topic contains 5,051 replies, has 218 voices, and was last updated by  vendor 3 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 5,077 total)

• Hi Salma, you are so supportive, my kind of gal!!!!

My walk to the post office is 2.3 miles, must be nearly 5k. To think i used to run 20 miles to my mum’s, and cycle back. Next time same in reverse. 3 times a week. In another life.

Worn out thinking about it – I need to go and lay down now!

Hi Milena,

Your last comment reminds me of a British ex-pat who I used to work with. He would be working, think of something or other, and then say, “Right, that’s my idea for the day. I’ll go and have a lie down now.”

Hard working lot we British.

No really, but we are ideas guys – combustion engine, hovercraft, tyres, cloning, telephone, tv, world wide web etc etc etc.

Was rather hoping you’d be impressed I’d completed a marathon. Lol!!!

Good morning to all.

Milena, I am very impressed you completed a marathon, however just the thought of it tires me out too 🙂

So that things don’t get lost in translation, I thought I would post the relevant conversions. I struggle with the Imperial measurements.
    1 Mile = 1.6 Km (so, Milena, 5K = 3 miles approx)
    1 Kg = 2.2 BLS

I just wanted to say, have a great trip.. you must be excited.
    Did you reach the loss you had wanted to before your vacation?

How is everyone doing? Today is a fast day for me and a long working day, so I am already looking forward to the end of the day.

Hi Salma and all

I’m like a wee bairn, just one more sleep, bags packed.

Not officially weighing myself until tomorrow, though OH has, down another kilo after all that moaning, it feels like the picture of Dorian Grey. Except I’m being good and he is eating loads.

Fasted Monday, stayed well under 1000 caps yesterday, and a fast today. So write if you wobble, were in this together!

Good luck everyone, nearly halfway through the week. Travel hopefully…………

Somehow I have missed where you’re traveling to milena? It’s too early for me to read back thru the thread and figure it out! Help a girl out, won’t you? I love to travel so I’m interested in where you’re going!

Scale is down 8/10ths of a pound this morning. Still up over a pound from my low for this month on the 5th. Still plugging along.

Went diamond shopping yesterday! I think what I may do is have my original pear shaped engagement ring set in a simple solitaire and then get a wrap(ring guard) with diamonds on it. I want to do some more looking. I just went to a small jewelry shop in our little town on my lunch hour yesterday. I’ll visit another shop or 2 to get more ideas.

Another normal day for me. I’ll be fasting on Thursday for my 2nd of the week.

Off to boot camp!

Have a great day!

Hi Milena,

I actually am impressed you completed a marathon–it’s more than I’ve ever done (nor want to do). Thanks for the conversions Salma. I generally use onlineconversion.com, but this is much more handy. Today is a fast day for me as well (my first of the week). Have a great day all!

Oh Lori, I love diamonds!

Off to Copenhagen in the morning, antiques fair a nd flea market. I buy and sell, amongst other things, second hand Scandinavian jewellery.

Only fairs OH isn’t bored with in half an hour, and exchange rate is brilliant.

Weather same as here so planned river trip might be postponed. Will be interesting to see if I gain weight, hope not.

Hey Milena,

I haven’t yet gone on a trip since I’ve been doing the 5:2. Best of luck to you on sticking with it. You can do it, and we are all behind you! Have a great trip! I’ve never been to Copenhagen, but toyed with the idea of taking a ferry there once when I was in the UK–it just wasn’t in my budget at the time. Enjoy everything for me!

Hi Jayneyw

Thanks for the support, I think this will be my first test, making this WOL normal. But a new normal. Hard to explain, hope you know what I mean.

Aesthetic flights £50-60 return, cheaper than driving to London, even for two people.

Travel hopefully

Sounds like a fun & interesting trip milena! Hope the weather improves for you.

Boot camp was rough this morning……well it ALWAYS is! LOL!

Just for grins, I logged all my planned food for the day into M>F>P and it totals to only 1350. That leaves me some leeway for a beer or a slice of cheese if the mood strikes. Or maybe a Greek yogurt if I need a snack later. Should come in well below my TDEE.

I won’t count every day, but just wanted to get an idea where I stood. Still trying to figure this 5:2 out to get the scale to move consistently downward!

How did Easyjet become aesthetics in my post?

LOL milena…..gotta love auto correct! I was wondering what that meant!

Yeah, i was wondering what it meant too!

I thought it was a new and innovative airline where you had to pass a minimum standard of attractiveness before you were allowed to board, or maybe an airline where you could ask for a facial on your way to Copenhagen!

What a hoot you all are! In addition to scratching my head over Aesthetic flights, I’m still trying to figure out what WOL normal means, but I think I understand you to mean that normal for you now (as far as food intake, etc. at least) isn’t what it used to be–in a good way. Am I right?

Salma, would there even be enough time for a facial on a flight to Copenhagen? I’m guessing it would be a relatively short flight. Am I right there?

Safe journey at any rate, Milena!

lol!!!!! I was just hoping it made me sound intelligent!

This has been the hardest fast day so far!!!

Perhaps the costa latte was not the VERY best start, but it was small, and just a quarter teaspoonful of sugar.

Perhaps dried fruit was not the VERY best choice for lunch, but I did weigh out just 25g.

Dinner was chicken stir fry – or rather stir boil, as I decided oil was too many calories, it turned into a sort of very thick, half cooked veg broth, with a few slithers of chicken, seemed barely worth running – well walking – to the kitchen every five minutes, impatiently waiting for the chicken to roast. And Im still hungry! OH thought is was tasty though.

That’l teach me to be more organised! And teach me I haven’t got this sussed yet.

On the bright side OH refused to wash my size 20 jeans, they were hanging, but so comfy still. I dragged out a smaller pair which still had tags on, cant remember buying them, size 18, still humungus, but at least in the right direction.

To me “normal” is a non-fasting day. WOL is “Way of Life”

I want to sign up for a flight where you get a facial! 😉

Another fast day. I couldn’t manage it yesterday. I do have to take people out to lunch which means i will eat the 500 cals at lunch not in the evening, which will be tough.
    I will report success or failure at end of day.
    Wish me luck

Hi Milena, I certainly understand your dilemma with the oil. Over half my TDEE is olive oil and also psyllium on feast days, so that leaves fewer than 800 calories for breakfast, lunch, and dinner–and I’m thinking of reducing my total intake by 100-200 calories–or possibly throwing in another fast day–or not, depending on what the naturopath says.

Thanks for the translation Lori. Salma, can you have a different fast day when you don’t have to take people out to lunch? Just a thought. However, you have my complete support.

Yesterday was a normal day, and I thought I did well only to have the scale back up over a pound today. This is nuts. Today is a fast day but I have a feeling it’s going to be a difficult one as it’s only 5AM and I’m starving already!

Taking the day off exercise as I woke up with a headache and feeling stuffy. Back to boot camp tomorrow morning and I’ll hit the treadmill over the weekend.

5 weeks from today I leave for Florida & then a cruise. I was so hoping to be at my goal weight by then, but here I am basically the same as when I started 5:2. I feel like I have lost and my clothes are baggy, but the darn scale! WTH?!

Anyway….not sure I’ll be able to stick to 500 calories today, but it’ll be under 1000. Not going to stress over it. After all, 500 calorie days have gotten me no where. Maybe I’d do better eating a bit more? Whatever, it is what it is.

Wow this was a downer of a post! Sorry! Sometimes it just gets the best of me and I have to get it out! In the grand scheme of things, that number on the scale is not a big deal. I just have to get over it and get on with it!

Have a good day everyone!

Hi Lori,

Sorry to hear the scale isn’t cooperating with you. Believe me, I know how that is. I’m just wondering though, may I ask how tall you are? That definitely can make a difference (I’m 4′ 10″), and as the naturopath says, my body type gains weight very easily (I used to think that just smelling fatty foods caused me to blow up like a balloon–well, not really, but almost ;-). If you are interested and would like to learn more about my variation of 5:2 please see my penultimate post here: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/first-dayweek/. I know it seems restrictive–and it is at the moment, but it won’t be as I go on, and I’m having phenomenal results (though not every day). Just FYI.

Hi Jayne,

I am 5’8″ so quite tall. I will definitely read your penultimate post! I’m up for any suggestions I can get. I’m willing to be quite strict for the next 5 weeks if it will get me some results.

Thanks again!

Hi Lori,

You’re most welcome. If you do decide to try this, please let me know because I didn’t post everything involved, so can give you more info if you’d like to try it. Also, have you had a blood test to see if your thyroid has any issues? That could be effecting things.

That is quite a list of “don’ts” Jayne! Wow! I’m not prepared to give up dairy or eggs, but I plan to limit grains & sugar. Baby steps I guess!

Oh yes, my thyroid is an issue. I have been diagnosed hypothyroid for over 10 years and take a daily synthroid tablet. My test numbers have been good, but it is still not the same as having a healthy thyroid I suppose.

Scale took a drop this morning, so I’m feeling better. I hate that my mood is so affected by that number on the scale, but there it is. I’m a work in progress.

Off to boot camp in a few minutes. Have a happy Friday!

Hey Lori,

Just FYI, the list is what you restrict to begin with. Then the idea is to introduce eggs within a month. If there are no negative reactions, you can introduce peanuts (or something else). The key is to introduce things one at a time so you can see if you have a negative reaction to anything. However, with your thyroid the way it is I’m not sure what the end result would be.

Also, if you haven’t tried this already, try eating to the TDEE of your target weight. That might work well for you to start. Just a thought.

I’ll be working out later today as well (my sixth and final day this week). You have a happy Friday as well!

Just started the Fast Diet and noticed your over 50’s thread. I’m 53, am 5′ 9″ and weigh slightly less than 21 stones (a weight I have been at for the last 20 years whether I each loads of chocolate and ice cream or go on a diet and pound away on the treadmill, never changes).

I have started the 4:3 in order to lost about 9 stones, mainly because I went to the doctors about pains in my hips and knees and he say’s it’s arthritis brought on by being too heavy and my joints can’t cope with it.

Fast days go quite well, I started by limiting myself to a 600 calorie breakfast but just got hungry again later, so now just have no calories at all between the previous feast day tea and the next feast day breakfast. I find if I get really hungry and sipping cold water doesn’t help, I have a tin of grapefruit segments in juice (32 calories) and this helps me manage.

On feast days I stick to the 2400 calories I am allowed and try not to eat any less as I don’t want to reset my body’s TDEE. I also do either ten minutes of HIT first thing before breakfast or go for a walk after breakfast, depending on the weather.

I’ll do the 4:3 for a couple of months if I can and then go down to the 5:2 until I reach my target weight.

Hi FatGraham and welcome!

It sure isn’t easy.. I have had a bad week where I have not been able to stick to the fast days for a series of reasons. I have had visitors for work with multiple lunches and dinners and stress causing me to overindulge in chocolate.

Work is really getting on top of me and I am reverting to dreams of chucking it all in and working for myself. Having work angst is not the best thing for sticking to a new WOL (Way of Life). This week has been a disaster and my weight has crept up around 0.5 kg (a little less than a pound).

I will try to de-stress over the weekend and go back on the straight an narrow Monday.

Lori_PA, I also have hypothyroidism, discovered about 12 years back and also take synthroid every day. Mine is completely dead (Hashimoto Disease) so I completely understand the frustration. My doctor told me that whatever you do, if your thyroid is dysfunctional, you will always struggle with weight even if your lad results are good. That’s the luck of the draw! All women should get tested for hypothyroidism after age 35 as the incidence is 7 times higher than for men. Just another fun fact about being a woman 🙂

Oh Salma…sorry you’ve had a rough week. Stress is no good for us, that’s for sure. Hope you are able to relax over the weekend and feel better on Monday.

Yes, hypothyroidism sure is a common theme on this board as well as any other weight loss board I have been on. My first symptom was heart palpitations. Was in the ER for tests and that was the only thing they could come up with as a cause. I even did a stress test, which was fine, thank goodness!

I’m kind of eating with abandon today, so I know the scale will be up come Monday. No worries…I’m just hoping for a new low by next Friday!

Welcome Graham! Take it one day at a time and be patient. Lots of good information here on the boards, so take time to read when you can. Good Luck!

Happy weekend everyone!

Welcome FatGraham. Like you, I eat no food on fast days (only energy supplements that I use in my water daily, psyllium thrice daily, and supplements from the nutritionist–that all add up to a whopping 185 calories!). This has been working much better for me than when I was trying to go below 500 calories for the day. I’m on 5:2 now, but considering 4:3. Please let us know how you get on with that, hang in there, and best success to you.

Salma, I’m sorry to hear that work has gotten to you this week. I’m currently unemployed and really need to start working again, but am also dreading it for some of the reasons you mention (in addition to bagel Monday, monthly birthday cake, or free pizza for everyone for no good reason). I just hope I can get my weight down as much as possible before my new job (whatever that may be) starts (whenever that may be).

Being on this thread makes me grateful that despite taking thyroid pills as a child (mum thought I wasn’t tall enough, you see :-() all was normal on the thyroid front when I had my blood test done a few months ago. I appear to be in the minority on this thread, though I really thought I wasn’t for a while there. All the best with getting the thyroid in line. I’m sure if that can happen, hopefully the weight will come off more easily.

Enjoy your weekends one and all!

Hiya to all Foodaholics Anonymous out there..

I just thought of checking in and letting you know that I intend to re-start on the straight and narrow this coming Monday, which I am planning to be a Fast day and a return-to-gym day. This week has been a bit of a disaster, but the damage does not seem to be too great, thankfully. I seem to have gone up a pound or so, but that is okay.. tomorrow is another day.

Jennyw.. you are lucky not to have a thyroid problem; it just makes it harder to lose weight and/or to remain at a reasonable one. Still, I guess it is better than having any number of other conditions, so in the overall scheme of things, this one is not too bad. You can pop a daily pill that rebalances your thyroid hormones and makes you function. I am so grateful to medical science; despite the many problems and contradictions, it provides solutions to some of the problems that humanity faces. Without the thyroid hormone replacement, we would not be able to survive.. our bodies would slowly shut down and we should not be able to maintain energy or heat.

Better start thinking more cheerful thoughts this Sunday. I need to muster all the positivity and energy I can to face tomorrow 🙂

Salma…I will be joining you on the straight and narrow tomorrow! Take comfort that you are not alone! 😉

I have less than 5 weeks before going cruising and I want to get a few more pounds off as I know I’ll be bringing some extra ones home with me post-cruise!

I’m going to try to make it a very low carb week, even on my eating days and see if that makes a difference in my rate of loss. Truth be told, I do feel better when I’m off the sugar and other carbs.

Not sure what I’ll do today. I’m really not feeling like running on the treadmill, although I should. My muscles are so sore from boot camp last week that I just feel like taking it easy. I may must do some chores around the house and save the work out for tomorrow morning.

Have a lovely Sunday!

Hi hope u don’t mind me joining in. I am a stress eater been having bad weeks cos of work. Feel more in control now starting 5:2 tomorrow. Found all your posts very helpful. Good to know won’t be fasting on my own tomorrow. Hope everyone enjoying weekend 🙂

Thanks Lori.. I have every intention of being as lazy as possible today and to only gear up tomorrow.
    Good to know someone else will be a fellow reformed wanderer. I am also looking forward to a month’s trip.. I leave on April 1st, so I cannot go completely haywire when I travel otherwise I will come back to where I started.

Why can’t life just be easy? 🙂

Welcome Dollysue. I’ve had that issue as well, but lately I’ve tried to think of rewards other than food. It can be difficult, and so far the best thing I’ve come up with is to sit in the sauna. It works for me because I like it and it’s relaxing, and it also doesn’t involve food. However, I realize it’s not the same for everyone, so rack your brains and see if you can come up with a way to treat yourself that involves something other than food. Just a thought.

Hey Salma, if life was easy none of us would be on this thread. 😉 I have an appointment with my fitness trainer in over an hour, so that gets me to the gym early this Sunday, and then I’ll be doing aerials after that (I generally do that on Sundays). When I was ill recently I ended up running a fever and not being able to work out that Sunday. It was unusual, but very cozy watching tele all day–but really weird. Have a nice relaxing day for me. My next day without exercise is Saturday.

Enjoy the rest of your weekends everyone!

Hi friends,

So, today.. a fast day.. so far so good. I am STARVING! I went to the gym this morning, the first time in 2 weeks and was really winded. The fast feels interminable, but I am determined to see today through, especially as the scales told a tale of woe this morning. Up to 91.4 from 90.2 in a few days.

Yes, I did overeat yesterday.. I indulged in some wonderful food, and am now paying the price. I feel so close to just giving up and not bothering, but I know this will make me feel worse, so I am trying my best to stick to today’s fast. I have just had a bowl of soup (at an earlier time than my usual) leaving space for something again later this evening.

I think the best ploy is to sleep early to forget hunger. Initially, I had thought I would do a 3:4 this week to make up for last week’s indiscretions, but I now think not. I will probably just stick to about 1000 or so calories tomorrow, but I don’t think I will be able to do a full fast. The idea of it depresses me.

Wish me luck till bed-time!

Hang in there salma, I’m right there with you! The scale was up for me today too after 3 days of eating WAY too much. I’m not minding the fast so far, but then it’s only 10AM! I went to boot camp this morning and then had my unsweetened vanilla almond milk with a scoop of vanilla egg white protein. That shake keeps me satisfied for a long time. It is only 130 calories and now I’ll be able to go till around 5 this afternoon.

I get disgusted with myself for going so overboard on weekends and gaining back any loss I had during the week. Somehow I’ve got to stop doing that! I feel like a dog chasing my tail! Nothing to do but keep trying. Maybe one day I’ll get a grip on myself on the weekends!

Have a good Monday!

Hi there, I am a similar age at 53 ,and I have had terrible trouble trying to loose weight. Since I turned 48 or 49 its been impossible, and I hit the menopause at 50.
    They say that going to the gym and doing lots of exercise is far less effective for weight loss than calorie reduction. That has been my experience. I could exercise 20 hours a day, and it would make no difference. The only thing that works now is major calorie restriction. Even major calorie restriction made no difference when I was menopausal. However I am past that stage now, and I discovered the 5;2 just over a year ago. It actually worked which was a huge surprise, when nothing else did. I had resigned myself to being fat, but gave it one last chance with the 5;2 and bingo!!! Its slow, and something we can do for the rest of our lives, so dont be in a huge hurry. But gosh, its worth it!! Good luck!!!

Hi I find this very difficult but tomorrow I start my fast diet. I am little scared that I wont last the day but am also looking forward to getting me back. I’ve been fat for far too long now and I have had enough. I have been reading your comments and this gives me hope.

Hey Mammar, if you have had enough of being fat you have come to the right place! Everyone’s first fast day is a bit daunting, but it IS doable, and after a few times, it’s enjoyable. And best of all, it works! like a dream. I never thought I would be on my way to being thin, and loving every minute. If I can do it, anyone can.

I am fasting today. Homemade vegetable soup for tea, yummy. Tomorrow I am doing liquids only as I know from experience that guarantees a weight drop.

Try to check in tomorrow and let us know how it is going.

Happy fasting!

Yaaaayyyy!!
    I passed the test today. I have been to the gym and have lasted the whole fast day. It is 10 pm and I am STILL on the straight and narrow. I have only had 250 cals today and I am feeling okay. I kept myself very busy and had two servings of home made vegetable soup. I feel pleased with myself. I will weigh in tomorrow morning to see if this has made much difference. I might even talk myself into another fast day tomorrow.

Thanks for the words of encouragement Lori. It helps a lot to know that someone else is struggling with this like I am. I actually don’t mind the fast days too much, but it is the non-fast days that are a challenge.. a challenge to not overeat. I also have to get this right.

Mammar, welcome to this corner of cyberspace.. we are here to help each other. Honestly.. fast days are not bad.. you just have to keep yourself busy during the day and drink lots of herbal teas and make something yummy that you know is low calorie for the end of the day. Sleep early on your first fast day and dream of the latte (or whatever takes your fancy) that you can have next morning. This diet is so doable because deprivation is only temporary and you know you can be ‘normal’ the next day – at least that is how it is for me. Some weeks are going to be very smooth, others more challenging, but a slow and steady loss should get us there in the end.

Kindle.. thank you so much for telling us that it works. I have had a very similar experience with huge difficulty in losing weight despite exercising, walking, cutting out this or that (carbs, dairy, etc)… I used to be able to lose weight so easily, but not any more.. it is a big struggle, but I AM beginning to see weight loss, albeit very slow.. still, it is better than the other direction. I am sick and tired (literally) of being overweight and I am determined to do this.

Today, at the gym (exercising for health rather than weight loss), the trainer had me carry two dumbbells of 12 Kgs each and walk around. It crossed my mind that this is the amount of weight I should lose approximately.. let me tell you, they were HEAVY. It is a scary thought that we are lugging around so much extra weight.. the visual is enough to motivate me.

Good luck to those planning to fast tomorrow (Mammar).. do let us know how you get on, and best of luck.

Be careful about the back to back fasting Salma. You don’t want to over stress your body especially since you’ve just started back at the gym. None of my business…just be careful.

I within an hour of eating and boy am I ready! Tomorrow will be an eating day, but mindful. Wednesday I will fast again and then Thursday will be a half fast. I have to choose which weekend day to have another fast, or at the very least, a half fast. I simply cannot have 3 days in a row of eating anything and everything.

Onward we go!

Evening. I’m 48 and am now in my third week of 5:2. My plan is to gauge this week’s progress on the morning of my first fast day NEXT week…. this should even out the daily bumps & troughs on the scales (hydration levels, er…. colonic…erm, “load” etc). Based on this method, my first two weeks of 5:2 have lost me 2½lbs. Given that I found the first few days of fasting incredibly difficult (not being one to deal well with feeling hungry…) and was probably doing 800+ calories on the first 2 or 3 “fast” days, I’m actually quite pleased with this level of weight loss. Today was the first day that I have managed <500 calories AND done the 12 hours food free between breakfast & dinner so feeling a small sense of accomplishment there. Of course the real accomplishment will be losing the next 50lbs.

For the record, I have already lost 35lbs – not all voluntarily (bereavement last year, followed by sleep-deprivation insulin resistance so switched to lower carbs to increase insulin sensitivity). I have decided however that I need to capitalise on this initial weight loss in a sustainable way. I’m really hoping this will work for me as my BMI is currently 32.4 (although at the time of bereavement it was 37.9 and at it’s very worst a few years ago it was 40.6). My goal is a BMI of 24….. this is a goal I would never have set myself on a traditional “diet” as I know from experience that they falter and I stop trying….

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to all the new folks–it’s great to see so many of you! My scale went up today–no fast day, and all this with staying UNDER my TDEE! I’m not sure what’s up with that, but after the last fast day I was just under the lowest I’ve weighed since I started this journey, and I’m sure it will go down again as the week progresses, so I’m unaffected by this generally–except it is somewhat disappointing.

Lori, I used to have a problem with overeating on weekends as well–Saturdays in particular–so Saturday is a fast day for me now. That seems to work wonders. Just sayin’. I don’t know if it will work for you, but there you are!

Have a great week one and all!

Hi everyone!!!

Just back – wonderful time, wonderful place, everyone should go to Copenhagen.

I’ll call my trip the good, the bad and the ugly!

The good, lots of salad, salmon, lobster and prawns. Walked miles and miles, lots of water, fruit and veg. Weather cold but sunny.

The bad – beef fillet (though I only ate half, saved the rest for a salad the next night), pizza -twice, hot chocolate, lattes, chocolate cake – cakes, I could go on but I know a lot of you will have just finished a fast.

The ugly, wine and wine and smogerbrod and wine and pickles and loads of stuff covered in mayonaise! And wine!

And time to pay the piper – didn’t quite hit my mini target before going, but managed to get to 81.5kg, only half a kilo short. Just weighed myself 84kg. Blummin’ heck, 2.5 KILO, 6 pounds in less than a week???? Unbelieveable. All that sodding walking too!

Yet, this is the time the old me would have thrown in the towel, but I’m raring to go – I’ve had the best time, but the proof of the pudding is pulling it all back.

Fasting tomorrow, and Thursday, will see how it goes, maybe Saturday. It will be interesting to see how quickly I can get back to 81kg but hey, its not a race.

Salma, you sound like things are starting to look up, I’m with you all the way.

So strange, really looking forward to some plain(ish) salad and giving my tum a good rest. And I bought so much that l’m going to be too busy selling it to stop for food – hopefully.

Hi to all new people, you will think me very strange but I worked extra hard before I left for my trip to get my weight down, so that I could relax, my original target was 83kg by the first of April, even with that 2.5 kilo gain, I had given myself a good margin and I’m still well on target. This is a great WOE (way of Life) and WOE (way of eating), especially for the FA (Foodies Anonymous) among us!!!

Of course, the OH had managed to put on half a pound, eating loads more than I, though he isn’t a wino like me – these skinnies really are a trial sometimes.

Now to plan my next trip – might do another Copenhagen soon, but a quickie, then to tackle France and Italy, together – OMG!!!!! But not until June. Thank goodness!

Welcome back Milena.. we missed you here!

Welcome Firehorse.. I hope you find this lot supportive and fun.

Lori.. I quite agree with you. I decided to do a semi fast today, going up to 1000 (or at least trying to not exceed it). On the plus side, I do not have any social events that will tempt me, I do have a couple of good DVDs that will keep me occupied and a looooooong work day, so I think I might be able to make it.

I was so good yesterday and was rewarded by the scales noting the fact and rewarding me with my last reading 90.4 again, thank goodness. There is hope yet Milena. I think a couple of fast days will see most of the increase gone. I am so glad you enjoyed yourself to the maximum. what is the point of a life not well lived? What goodies did you buy in Copenhagen? I have travelled a lot, but never to Copenhagen, but I hear it is a wonderful place.

Have a good day everyone.

Glad the scale was kind to you this morning Salma, mine was too! The under 1000 plan is what I’m heading to as well. Mon & Wed will be 500 calorie days, Thursday & Saturday will be 1,000 calorie days and Tuesday, Friday and Sunday will be whatever days. I’m hoping keeping Saturday a lower day will help me keep things in control over the weekend.

Heading to boot camp soon to beat on the heavy bag. Should be fun!

Have a good Tuesday!

I second welcoming Milena back. I’m guessing you knew you would go off during your trip, but in a way you can plan for that and as you are doing, go right back on the wagon now that you’re home. Glad to hear the scales are cooperating for most of us. I’m already looking forward to weighing myself when I wake up. Have a great day one and all!

Hi Halfway through my first day and not as bad as I thought in actual fact its going really well. I have surprised myself but I am only halfway through but feeling really confident.

Started my FD on Sunday evening intending to have breakfast this morning but didn’t feel hungry, so decided to leave it until lunchtime. Then I started building some furniture and forgot about lunch, only noticing when I started to feel hungry at 3.00pm. Is this a risky strategy or do some people do their two fast days consecutively?

Hi FatGraham.. I think if you can manage it, it won’t do any harm (quiet the contrary) if it is not a regular thing. If you fast too many days, your body rests its metabolism and weight loss slows down.

Well done Mammar.. we are rooting for you. It really isn’t that bad, is it?

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 5,077 total)

You must be logged in to reply.