Metal on metal hip resurfacing

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  firmandfruity 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi guys
    I am one of those metal on metal hip resurfacing peeps that unfortunately have now gone wrong. I am waiting and waiting for results from an MRI and bloods tests to decide my fate. In the mean time I have been putting on weight and I’m in so much pain moving normally is not an option. I have heard that fasting diet is really good for arthritis has anyone had any great results to share to give me some sort of hope of a normal life again. I have gone from a busy active 54 year old career woman to googling best wheelchairs. Yes I’m feeling a little sorry for myself at the moment and would love to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience 😩

Hi Sfailli. I’m sorry to hear you’re suffering. I also have arthritis and had one hip replaced 8 years ago. Fortunately, mine is a titanium/ceramic replacement so I don’t have the problems from the metal on metal ones which you describe. However, In the 4 years or so before I had my replacement, I went from being a very active (running about 30km a week, swimming and dancing) career woman to walking very badly with a stick and just about managing to work part time. I put on about 20kg!

I tried various diets and stuck with them for a while but then put weight back on until I started 5:2. I started in March 2017 and have lost 11kg so far with a couple of months over summer where I did a 16:8 and my weight stayed on hold. I’m now back on 5:2 properly and it’s going well. I have a little arthritis pain in my other hip when it’s very cold or if I’ve been sitting for too long but otherwise, it’s great. A combination of following 5:2, losing a decent amount of weight and following an exercise regime have really helped me. If you decide to try 5:2, you can join us on the Happy New Year 2018 thread. Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.