Measuring Fat

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lindyw 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• What is an “acceptable level” of visceral fat?

Anyone??????

Hi Smeeagain

Sorry no one has replied to your post yet, i dont have the answer you need 🙁 but maybe someone will be along with suggestions for you, failing that how about using the good old google 🙂

Good luck !

I can’t give you a technical answer to that – maybe someone else can.

If by ‘visceral fat’ you mean fat that gathers around your abdomen (beer belly or apple shape) as opposed to the fat around your internal organs (ectopic fat) it is suggested that your waistline is up to less than half of your height.

Hope this helps a little until someone more knowledgeable comes along.
    🙂

Thanks ladies

I’ve tried Google and didn’t come up with much of use – if I recall correctly the Fast Diet book uses the half waistline v height ratio, but Tanita bathroom scales and Omron bathroom scales (which I have) both give it a number as measurement – Tanita declare what the number means (from memory 4 = normal) but Omron doesn’t as far as I can see.

I tweeted Michael but haven’t had a response yet. There are charts everywhere for Body Fat but not visceral fat yet its mentioned in the book as being very important – Michael himself had a high level of visceral fat despite looking (to me at least ) like quite a trim guy to begin with !! Visceral fat or not Id be happy with his waistline BEFORE he started dieting.

I’m weighing in in the blue corner at 278 pounds (do the maths for the stone-age as I’m not stating it here!) – lost two pounds in two weeks – only another 98 pounds to go. Seriously.

Michael underwent loads of ‘pre-fasting’ tests including MRI which maybe where he was measuring his visceral fat.
    Certainly if you look at his before photo he did have something of a spare tyre (sorry for being blunt Michael – still love ya!)
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/michael-before-and-after/

When you use your posh scales Smee, so long at that number is decreasing you are winning!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.