May 2017 31-Day Challenge (1st Anniversary!)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
May 2017 31-Day Challenge (1st Anniversary!)

This topic contains 2,268 replies, has 131 voices, and was last updated by  Moammad 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 2,272 total)

• Day 1 – UK – FD

Weight 57.1kg
    Waist 80cm

Goal is to lose from my waist – need to lose 2cm to be ‘healthy’. Target is 72cm although I suspect this will take more than a month!

FDs will be Monday and Thursday.

Yoga class this morning, although it was rather heavy on the relaxing for my liking; 5km run this afternoon.

Day 2/NFD/Melbourne Australia

Off on my road trip this morning. @pissupoosa the next 14 or so days will be 16:8 NFDs.

@bert and @fatrabbit too, too funny! @at – 3ls! definitely the queen of pocket winos. Fingers crossed I won’t compete.

@songbirdme happy birthday

My goal is to live a fitter and healthier life, 5:2 is the tool that’s helping me achieve it. I’m in my 65th year, no longer pre diabetic, blood pressure has normalised and bad cholesterol is way down, hips and knees no longer ache and, best of all I can keep up with my 5 preschool aged grandchildren. I’ve been under my goal weight for 2 years now. I love that this is a flexible lifestyle plan and not a diet! Forty years of dieting made me fat and feel like a failure.

I wish you all success in your journey to a healthier life.

Hello everyone UK Co Down day 1 (not sure what type of day today was – had a green smoothie for lunch and salmon with veggies and egg noodles with one coffee – would guess maybe more than 500? but even if 800 it will be a good day especially as a bank holiday here and they generally knock me off my usually routine but will crunch the numbers in later.

Starting weight 163 lbs or 11.9 I don’t normally like setting an actual target weight to get to but I have in my mind (…and this is a secret so don’t tell anyone I have a 7lb target for May). Its a big birthday for me this month so really want to give my self the care I deserve. I need to fully commit to this special challenge.

Plan to drink 1.5 litres of water a day and start my plank and press ups again.

Welcome to some old friends who have been with these challenges since May last year (wow) and welcome to the newbies – the challenge is to stick with us for the month of May – you may loose some weight, you may sail through the month, you may however hit difficult times – this is when you have to dig deep, this is when you have to decide – do I give up or do I keep going? We have all been there got the tee shirts, this time (and the next) you will pick yourself up, dust yourself down and get back on the wagon. There is no such thing as failure – that ‘f’ word is banned on these challenges. You don’t fail if you keep trying. Learn to love yourself and treat yourself with kindness, the way you would someone else. It’s only 31 days – you can do it and who knows where it will lead you.

Day 1, Cumbria UK, nfd
    I completely forgot to weigh in this morning, so I’ll do it first thing tomorrow and hand over the numbers 😨 good luck everyone, and thanks pissupoosa for taking the reins!

Day 2 FD timely message Coda. Aim to drink 2 liters of water today.

London | Day 1 | NFD

Starting stats:
    Weight 65 kg
    Waist 73 cm
    Hips 88 cm

Goal for May – Achieve my lowest weight and measurements since my last check in – i.e 63.5kg (loss of 1.5 kg) or below
    Waist 70.5cm or below

@fraub – welcome! 🙂
    I remember you from last summer(?), you moved to Brunei. Glad to have you back on the forums. Hope all is well with you.

Welcome to all the newbies – joined since yesterday. I’ve got some way through catching up with the posts – shall do a longer post tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be a fast day 🙂

Good night everyone

Joining the pocket winos with a nice glass of Liebfraumilch – my favorite Rhine wine. It will be just a few added calories to my fish and broccoli slaw tonight.

Onahealthyhigh……… I am sure when I tell you this, you won’t believe me. I don’t drink! That’s right no wine, no beer, no hard stuff! The craziness, Is all natural, body, mind and soul.
    Believe me, I’m bad shit crazy! Proud to be me…. I tell you what!
    But I love being part of the pocket fasters and wino….. We have the most fun!

Chin up Princess…… your crown is slipping!

Day 1, Mountaintop PA, FD

Starting weight 150.0 lbs
    Bust 37″
    Waist 33″
    Hips 39″
    BMI 26.9
    Height 5’3″
    Size 10-12

I am 70 years old and active in my community owning our weekly newspaper. I have counted steps and miles with my Fitbit for nearly 3 1/2 years with 4700 total miles logged to date. I have been following the IF Fast 5:2 with my husband for the past 5 months. My total lost in that time 8.6 lbs. Goal weight achieved with 40 lbs lost since June 2014. DH has lost 22. This WOL is a slow and steady recipe for health and vitality.

Will continue Fast 5:2 for its many health benefits and see where it goes.

Day 1/Day 2, Germany, NFD/FD
    Please count me in for the May challenge. Starting weight 74.2 kg. I was in the April challenge but still very much testing the water at this stage. My main aims for this month are to plan better, sleep more and drink more water (I am really bad at both of the latter!). Big birthday at the end of May, so a positive month would be a good thing 🙂
    Looking forward to reading how everyone’s doing.

Day 2 Brunei NFD
    @pissupoosa Yes, I remember you! That was me. See my first post on here… Maintained well in Brunei for a while and let it slip now and happy to be tackling it at 60. something kilos and not leaving it any longer. My long term goal is to transition into making IF a true way of life as up til now I have only done it for a month or two at a time, loved it and loved the results but slowly slipped out of it. I want to break free from my yoyo dieting ways. That is absolutely my long term aim. In the short term I would like to lose 7 kg and lots of cms off everywhere, especially waist. I am genetically pre-disposed to the pot belly and I want to escape that!

One thing I truly love about IF is how it ups my vegetable (and fruit consumption). Although I feel I am generally a healthy eater, fast food and unhealthy options do creep in from time to time. In Brunei there is an abundance of fried and sweet food. Now I have a good reason to steer clear of them, and I’ve been here long enough that I don’t feel as if I should try things to get to know the cuisine.

Today I had broke my fast with a small amount of porridge and some veggie sticks (cucumber, carrot and apple). I will have a ice cold coconut water this morning and probably a vietnamese Pho (Beef broth soup with rice noodles) for lunch. Dinner is pot luck as after my ladies sweaty jungle walk (called “hash”) there will be dinner in the jungle provided by this week’s organisers. Could be curry, could be salads… I’ll play it by ear and not over-eat.

Exercise-wise, I do a sweaty jungle fast-walk 1-2 times a week and I’m hoping to find a kind of “core and legs” class as I’ve given up on the notion that I can do that stuff myself at home. I may also start a slow jog once a week for about 3km. Might also look into lane swimming one morning a week.

Thank you everyone for the shout-outs, haven’t figured out how to use that yet. But yes, together we are stronger and this May challenge is the perfect way to get results together and enjoy our IF!!! Have a great day 2 everyone!

Day 2 Australia NFD

Was finally happy this morning to see movement on those blasted scales! After 4 fd’s this last week now it was about time. Really trying to be controlled today. Made the kids fried eggs on toast this morning with hot milo and it smelt delicious and so appealing. But my goal is no bread for the month and to try to do 16:8 on nfd’s. I certainly didn’t want to wreck it the second day! So have waited a couple of hours and will have a lovely omlette soon. Feeling really hopeful and motivated at the momoment but know I have to put in the hard work which is always harder after a blow out whole month!! It’s great to have everyone’s support and know we are all doing the same thing and can support each other.
    Thought I would work out my measurements too so did those this morning.
    B 88cms
    W 73cms
    H 99cms
    T 57cms
    Hoping to lower them as well as my weight!

Thanks for the great posts and stories. @bert1802, you always entertain me, I love your stories and the way you see things, thanks for sharing!

Day 2 – Perth, W.Aust – FD – I hope

Well today is our wedding anniversary and it’s also my selected FD, hmmmm, not sure how this will pan out. Could just be a control day or an out of control day, but I’m pretty certain it won’t be a FD this week. Might have to commit to tomorrow being the FD instead, we’ll see.

MAY we all be strong, resilient, resourceful and aMAYzing.

Day 2 NFD countryWest Australia

Yesterday’s FD went very well – 400 calories, numbers crunched. I don’t really like counting calories but as I said yesterday, for me, they really make me accountable.
    Planning to be very diligent today. That was my problem in April – I am very bad/ over optimistic when ‘guesstimating’ how much I am eating. Can 3 Easter eggs REALLy be so calorific???
    Lack of discipline + not being mindful + half hearted attempts at FDs + thinking ‘ this little …. won’t hurt” = not successful way of doing 5:2 and certainly no weight loss.
    I am very excited about May and looking forward to being fitter and healthier this month.
    Good luck all. Be mindful ESPECIALLY on NFDs.

Day 1 San Francisco, Ca NFD eeeek. Weighed in this morning at 154 lbs, up a couple of lbs from April challenge. Well, fast day tomorrow.

Hi everyone!

Day 2, Houston, FD.

I am a newbie here and this will be my first FD; it will be interesting to see how this goes!

I had done some meal prep for the FD: Cut-up mixed fruits (1 cup), green salad (1 bowl) with cherry tomatoes (6), hard-boiled egg (1) and a small tin of tuna (50 gr). I am not really a breakfast person so I will wait till afternoon to have my first small meal.

Good luck everyone!

Allie

Day 1 NZ NFD
    Day 2 NZ FD

Day 2 | Sydney, Australia | NFD

Is anyone here working towards the new calorie count on Fast Days – 800 calories? I was quite good yesterday, but cooked poached salmon for dinner + steamed greens. 130g of salmon came in at 300 calories!

So my calorie count was 700 in total yesterday. I was ok with that since I didn’t have any carbs, but I would prefer to keep it at 500 calories.

My goal for NFD is to keep carbs to a minimum too.

This week my second FD is Thursday,

Day 2 Croatia NFD
    Weight: 79.5 kg

Day 2
    West Midlands UK
    FD

Day 2 UK FD 🌈

2nd FD gonna throw myself straight In and do a B2B2B. Had a really good start yesterday, probably as bank holiday and I had time, went to the gym and that got me moving for the whole day.

Plan for today – drink water, eat 500cals only. Simple. 😁

Have a good day all.

Day 2 – Sydney Australia – NFD – 68.0kg

Day 2 UK FD Enjoyed the long weekend now down to the serious business ! Aiming for a simple 500 cals FD Hoping to be able to get to a pump class ,followed by an hour yoga this afternoon but have someone coming to plaster the kitchen wall and not sure of timings ,either way determined to get my month off to a good start .

Great to see some familiar names back, can’t believe I’ve been logging in more or less everyday for a year – my journey had been slow and steady and had my fair share of issues but I’m 20 ish pounds down from the start and healthier than I have been in years so it’s all good .

Day 2: Northumberland UK: FD
    Was under TDEE yesterday, but don’t think the Indian takeaway for supper will have done me a lot of good. Fast day today with probably just an evening meal as we have some lovely fresh trout in the fridge, caught yesterday. Will also hopefully manage to squeeze in gym or swim in between work today.
    Tuesday’s will usually be a fast day for me, with the 2nd one decided by what else is on that week.

Day 2 – Staffordshire UK-FD

Starting weight 154lb, want to be below 150lb by end of the month. April didn’t end well, so a reboot for May.

DAY 2 – UK – NFD

Day 2 | FD | London

First fast day. I’m excited and nervous to see how it goes. I will be in the office between 8-15 to 5.30 and then dance aerobics between 7-8. Not sure how i will go with aerobics tonight, but I will take it easy if needed. I am prepared with an apple and Greek yoghurt to see me through the day, for dinner there will be a piece of cod and veggies.

Good luck to everyone setting out for the day. Julie

Day 2 UK FD

Day 2 London U.K. FD. Starting weight 106kg
    This is my first day of 5:2. I’ve never done anything like this before but it was recommended by a work colleague. Everything else I’ve tried lately has failed so I’m hoping that this will be different. I lost a lot of weight (8 stone) about 8 years ago, but it is slowly creeping back on and I’m finding this very distressing. I had a back injury a few months ago which resulted in relative inactivity that made things significantly worse. So here I am, trying to get on top of things. I am back to moderate exercise and now need to address my diet. I’ve never used fasting as a way to lose weight before so I am unsure about how I will feel, but I’m ready to really give it a good try. I’ve already done my exercise for the day, 30 mins on the elliptical machine. I normally run, but I spent the weekend in Paris and was lugging around a very heavy bag and having to walk up stairs on the metro all the time which has completely agitated my back injury so I’m taking things easy for a bit and trying not to feel sorry for myself and tell myself I can’t exercise!

So that’s me! Wish me luck!😳

Day 2 Newcastle UK FD.
    Here we go again. Good luck to everyone.
    Might do B2B fasting Tues & wed see how today goes normally do ok with the fasting it’s the NFD I need to be focused on.
    Grey misty day here in Newcastle although they have promised sunshine for the afternoon ⛅.

Day 2 UK FD

Got off to a good start yesterday on NFD. Only had lunch of 2 small slices of Italian bread with tomato followed by pasta with tomato sauce. O and a small glass of white wine… Went to see a film, did some browsing among the smaller clothes in the shops… hopeful me! and decided later that I didn’t need any more food that day so just drank lots of water in the evening, watched some tv and called it a day! The thought of this forum and the encouragement towards the May target, stopped me from buying some chocolate coated nuts at the cinema, so result there!
    Probably do a FD tomorrow too but will post once I know what’s happening.

Day 2 Notts UK BSD

Really good start to May yesterday. Very focussed and 3 ltrs of water. Hope I can keep this up.

Day 2 – FD
    Doing back to back fast days, only way I can fit it in this week around work & commitments. Will need more water today didn’t drink enough yesterday and a lot of will power! Wish me luck 😊

Day 2 Belfast NFD
    We had a glorious day here yesterday, the best of the year so far, which I spent in the garden. Young son is home for a dew days, so we had a family meal last night. I saved my 500 fasting cals for a small steak and salad and no wine with the meal, but treated myself to a Diet Pepsi (I don’t usually drink fizzy drinks apart from sparkling water). Also drank lots of plain water too. I keep a jug of water with lemon/orange slices in the fridge.
    Will continue with 16:8 for all my NFDs and also my water kefir. I have a Pilates class today, which I am looking forward to.
    Someone asked a couple of pages ago about exercising on fast days. I usually go to a swimming club for a training session on a Monday evening. It’s a strenuous class, about 60/70 lengths with drills and sprints. I fast on Mondays, and I cope really well. I used to find that if I ate a meal even a couple of hours before I went, the food sat in my stomach. I now eat a 2 egg omelette with veggies or salad. It works for me.
    Happy anniversary, @arvandee
    Good luck everyone. Stay strong!🏋️‍♀️

Day 2 FD I plan to try a water fast only today for the first time.

Day 2, London, UK, FD

@songbirdme…. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope the day brings special memories (& lots of cake!!), I’m guessing nobody dares to sing YOU ‘Happy Birthday’ lest you critique them!!!!!

I’m thinking this could be the 1st of a B2B2B as I nearly wet myself when I stepped on the scales this morning!!!!!!

Yesterday turned into a bit of a Bank holiday carb-fest, simply because I CANNOT throw anything away. Funnily, just as I think I have this WOL cracked, I do something stupid………………. FDs are great for resetting, as long as it’s not after every NFD!!! I’m planning to ignore the next BH and mindfully work this WOL straight through to my friend’s wedding mid-June.

@cmg09, Good Luck!!! No need to aggravate your injury or fret about lack of exercise. Exercise will speed things up, but I managed to lose almost 24lbs since Nov 1st just with 30-45 min walks, 4 maybe 5 days / week. This month I’m hoping to add more exercise for toning purposes, but I’ve come to actually believe the people who say weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise!!!!

Good luck everyone, stay strong, like everything in life, the 1st kiss/job/step……….or FD is the hardest, but once it’s done you’ll be amazed at just how easy it was!!!!!

Day 2, Belfast. FD
    It’s great to be signing up for May’s challenge. This will be my second month on the 5:2. I had good success with it a could of years ago, but then I kind of lost my motivation/will power and the weight crept back on.
    Hope to have a busy day to keep my mind off food lol. Indulged a bit yesterday, a few beers out in the garden soaking up the rays in sunny Belfast!
    Good luck all FDers today!

Day 2 Portugal NFD
    Successful FD yesterday. Doing ADF so today is NFD. Also glad to be on a 21 day fast from chocolate, snacks, desserts, cookies with my OH. It becomes a bit of a competition between us, which is great as it keeps my hands out of the cookie jar! Did a 30min upper body workout this am. Felt good but will take a few days to get back into the rhythm of exercise after about 5 weeks without doing very much!

Day 2 – Cumbria UK – NFD

LET’S MAKE MAY A MONTH THAT COUNTS – YOU ARE SO MUCH STRONGER THAN YOU THINK.

A very successful low calorie Fluids only FD yesterday (had a small glass of my homemade Kefir at lunchtime and one before bed)
    Woke up feeling full of beans and about to go out for a walk with some friends as the sun is out and it is a beautiful day. Will break my fast when I feel hungry…….

@onahealthyhigh – have a fab time on your road trip – lots of 🍷🥂 and Happy 2nd anniversary of being at goal weight!
    @arvandee – Happy Wedding Anniversary 🥂How many years?
    @songbirdme – A very Happy Birthday to you 🎁🎈💐🥂and as you said you are only as old as you feel and I am sure that you will celebrate in style x
    @ Luna09 – sorry you are not staying with us but if you are following from the sidelines please drop in every now and then and let us know how you are doing – take care of yourself and stay strong x
    @ Bert1802 – love your craziness and that alone makes you an honorary member of the “Pocket Winos”☕️😉
    @coda – what an inspiring post – so grateful to you for having started this a year ago 🤗

“Fall in love with taking care of yourself. Body. Mind and Spirit”

Count me in Ireland , 13.4.4
    highest weight ive been in a while put on over 4lb on last week but had a good weekend
    going holiday in 4 weeks , and i want 7lb at least off
    goal to weight 12.7

Day 2…. Florida….. FD

Songbirdme……Happy Birthday! I hope you have a spectacular day!

AT…… It would be my honor and pleasure to be a member of the pocket winos

I’m doing another fast today as yesterday’s did not turn out as I had hoped. Thank Godness there is another day. I did get some news yesterday and will be heading up home for five days at the end of the week. I must go up and deal with some issues plaguing my mom.
    So, I know I’ll be a few days of NFD while I am home. Mainly because my moms kitchen is the size of an outhouse and it maybe a tight squeeze for me! Plus, oh I miss some of the great food!

This morning, I am also very thankful as I woke up to rain! For weeks, it has not rained been very hot and dry and that combination has made wild fires pop all over the state. The good Lord has blessed us and the fires have stayed for the most part 5 or 10 miles from us, but I know many others including wild life has not been so fortunate. Hopefully, this rain will calm the fires and everyone and everything can resume a peaceful existence as the weather climbs to record breaking highs.
    Our normal temps for this month are usually in the mid 80’s but for the last week, our temps have climbed to the mid to high 90’s. Today, beside the humidity cause by the rain, they are calling for a high of 94.
    Okay, well my coffee is empty…. so off to get ready for work!

Chin up Princess…….your crown is slipping!

Day 2 lancaster pa. FD 😊

Day 2 – FIN – FD

I ended up deciding to go forth with the fast today. I plan on eating my big meal of the day a few hours before my dance class and buy a protein bar to eat after it to hopefully avoid any possible issues.

Pocketeers for May 2 (I’ve taken the liberty of adding everyone who’s mentioned they’re fasting today; to add yourself to the list, copy+paste the list and add your username to the end with an ‘@’ before your username (it creates a link to your profile; spaces, dots and other special characters should be substituted with a ‘-‘ to get the correct link):

@emel1962
    @pissupoosa
    @amanda-new
    @arvandee
    @allie123
    @triplet
    @shera10000
    @lynzm
    @brightonbelle
    @lmrenfrey
    @missymay
    @jmh44
    @fatrabbit
    @cmg09
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @mia139
    @tillysmum BSD
    @tlc2 B2B
    @basyjames
    @flourbaby
    @belfastsink
    @bert1802
    @fordprefect
    @chumi

Day 2 – USA – NFD-

Count me in please! I’m a 38 yr old male from Atlanta, GA. USA. I’ve been in this group since September. I had a lot of peaks and I’ve had my valleys. But, I’ve been able to hang in there this whole time! I’m hoping this spring will be a bit better than the winter has been for me. I reached my goal some time back, but I crept back up a bit. Looking to loose 5 lbs. this month maybe more. But I’d be happy with just 5 or so. Here’s to everyone on this journey! Cheers!

Day 2– Colorado USA– FD

First FD of May…. and first FD for me in, umm, some VERY LONG time!! ☺️ Blush.

I’m looking forward to this. Enjoy not having to think about food all day. I’ll be busy at work so no time to even fuss. Nice!

Best part of today’s FD,you ask?? My OH is FINALLY on board!!
    He has made my journey thus far a bit difficult. Not intentionally, but he hates to cook & “eat alone”. Even with me sitting down to join him at the table foe dinner time. He’s acutely aware our meals our different. I keep reminding him ” You aren’t my food police. Eat whatever the heck you want. I choose my own food.” So weird!

Anyone else having issues of non-support or sabotage at home or work? How have you dealt with it?

Anyway, he truly understands the health benefits of intermittent fasting & now wants to do one FD each week. I’ll still plan on 2 or 3. FDs each week in May. I’ve got goals to reach!! 😃

Day 2, Germany, FD
    Day1, NFD

Today I am fast with 800 calories of dinner and some fruits. This week besides daily 16:8, I will go for three continues fast days (4:3), each day 800 calories -today is the first day. The other days I will eat 1500 calories in a frame of 16:8. Also, I will work out three sessions.

Annnnd I got a great email from my professor 🙂

P.S:
    Answering to the final comments on my problem in April challenge (sorry if I write it here, I know all these friends are in this challenge too):

@sirisan @chumi My professor contacted me this morning and she herself suggested me to ask a native speaker to proofread my text later. So I am veryyy happy now that I can write my thesis 🙂

@okeydokey thanks for your offer. It’s a great help for me. Surely I will contact you in the following months as soon as I finish my text.

Day 2 – Montreal- NFD

Hi well discovered the best way to fast!!! I was at work by 8 am and did not get home until 9:45 pm… I am having a very light meal….I had planned to go to the gym. But that will be tomorrow night ! I do not normally work such long hours but it was effective today. Tomorrow is a non fast day…onward and hopefully downward.

Can you count me in for May please? After a successful March, sadly I had to scrap April as I went on holidays and struggled with work afterwards so I couldnt get organized enough to do the 5:2.

I really need to get back on track as I have an event next month and I want to feel good. 54 days left to be exact.

This week will still be a bit awkward, I can only fit 1 FD on thursday but back to 5:2 next week. Will work out my goals this weekend, avoiding the scales for the moment.

So here it goes:
    Day 1, UK, NFD
    Day 2, UK, NFD

Good luck everyone x

Day 2 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

Thank you, all, for your kind birthday wishes. Likely my celebration will be a glass of wine rather than cake, though! I love being a ‘pocket wino’ with others. 🙂

@flourbaby – I promise not to critique anyone who sings to me!

@at – you’re with me as only as old as we feel!

@bert1802 – I expect your trip up north might be difficult, but you will persevere.

@schatziii — ever so happy to hear you can go forward with your thesis! Yeah! I don’t know if there is anything I can do for you at this distance, but let me know if you need to. Email: SongBirdMe@aol.com

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 2,272 total)

You must be logged in to reply.