May 2017 31-Day Challenge (1st Anniversary!)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
May 2017 31-Day Challenge (1st Anniversary!)

This topic contains 2,268 replies, has 131 voices, and was last updated by  Moammad 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,601 through 1,650 (of 2,272 total)

• Day 21, Newcastle UK, NFD

Sorry – going to have another of my rambles…… So cathartic to put my thoughts down on ‘paper’. I also know I’m not going to be saying anything that my fellow 5:2ers haven’t already said. However, this is my current experience/thoughts re my downsizing journey.

Friday gave me 137lb on the scale, yesterday gave me 135.lb, today gave me 136.2lb. These are the vagaries of using scales. The important thing is the downward trend. As of today I am below pre-cruise weight and just .1lb from my lowest recorded weight (despite seeing the 135 figure twice now). However, I said I’d use tomorrow morning’s figure as my official start for this week’s fasting and I won’t be surprised if that figure is different again – as a result of what I will eat today and what exercise I take. What I have to remember is that I started out at 147lb at the end of January and have downsized by around 10lb. I am delighted and proud of myself for what I have achieved with the invaluable help of the challenge forums. Prior to going on holiday I tried on a blouse that I bought last year. It still didn’t quite fit on my biggest arm so didn’t get into my suitcase. Out of interest I tried it on yesterday. It slipped on like Cinderella’s slipper. So the scales are definitely not the be all and end all to judge progress. Another insight I have had this week is that for the first time I have not counted calories at all. I have simply stuck to my plan of two meals a day – LCHF & protein and feel great. So out of interest I am going to stop counting calories – even on FDs and see what happens.

@lindasue, @sirisan, @onahealthyhigh, @fatrabbit – I enjoy hearing about your gardening/garden visits. We are off to our first NGS (National Gardens Scheme) visit this afternoon.

Keep on keeping on folks – this works.

Day 21 Tas Australia NFD

Day 21 UK NFD , as was yesterday . Sorry both kids at home and had a few things booked yesterday at the Brighton festival and just didn’t get any time to log in , just had a long catch up over coffee, lots of inspiring posts – really got me in the right frame of mind for a good FD tomorrow .

Day 19 / UK / NFD
    Day 20 / UK / NFD
    Day 21 / UK / CD

This week, seriously: no gym (not even once! Instead four evenings of extra work), no proper FDs, neglectful of checking in here every day, tututut… But I have broken into the 61s and have been consistently below 62 since Wednesday or so–may I never see it again. I can feel myself slowly getting out of the “must consume” mindset (be that food, clothes, books, other little random things); I hope I can maintain that focus. Off to an extended weekend meeting the family from Thursday, we’ll see how that goes…

@okeydokey “I’m not losing weight, I’m getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again.” Totally love this, that’s mantra material! @at‘s “some days you just have to create your own sunshine” is up there too, also, THANK YOU, @at, for your kind words! x

@xrox maybe it’s your starting weight, which was very similar to mine, but your post just jumped out to me. I started at about 72kg in the latter half of February and a waved to 65kg in passing just before Easter. Loss has been stalling since for me (my ‘number’ is 55 or at least anything under 60) but you can totally do it!

@flourbaby thanks for sharing, what an inspiration! I have been wondering how I’d celebrate the 10kg that will come around soon (or, judging my current progress, soonish).

@pissupoosa thank you for your support—and also for making the spreadsheet available. I have updated my plan for the rest of the month. I wonder if this will work a little wonder for my accountability that has been lacking a little more recently.

Day21 UK NFD

Went out last night for a meal with hubby, had my favourite – mussels with bread and fries, then dessert. We shared wine and had a good time- not once did I worry about a calorie or think I shouldn’t be eating that Creme brûlée. To me this is the real benefit of 5:2 , nothing’s off limits, you can eat what you want and as long as you stick with the plan the weight will come off. @strawberriesandcream, your posts are insightful – I’ve got much more weight to lose but it’s thanks to people like you and the other friendly people on this forum that I’m still here after 4 months, almost 2 stone banished. My official weigh in day is Saturday, I think that it’s the lightest I’ll be after my mid week efforts , still doesn’t stop me jumping on the scales on other days and stressing out about the numbers that come and go. Last Tuesday I’d put on 3 lbs in 3 days ( I did have chocolate mousse at the Italian we went to, it might have been huge but it wasn’t 9000 calories worth). By Saturday those 3 and another 2 had gone. It’s really hard but like other folk keep saying, we shouldn’t just focus on the numbers our bodies are complicated marvels and will do what’s best for them, not necessarily what we think is best.

Day 21 (yikes – time does fly!) Maine NFD

Good morning all – pretty day here in Maine – pollen at an all time high – green slime everywhere! Rain predicted for the week – welcome, for a change, to wash the slime away.

Busy day at the hotel – had to keep reminding myself to step away from the desk & drink water. Finally made myself a little sign “water” on a sticky note on my computer Screen! I know when you start to feel thirsty, you’re already dehydrated! I didn’t have time to take a break or eat anything. As soon as I got home, I ate some peanuts. I was able to stop myself before whole can was wolfed down! Light supper of eggs – so not too much damage done. Trying 16/8 today – so nothing ’till noon. Mexican bowl w/shrimp planned for tonight – hubby prepping while I’m at work.

Must do is calling….make it a super day everybody! Keep plugging away – discipline comes from doing!

Day 21 – NFD

Weigh in for me tomorrow too 😎

Day 21 US NFD CD <1468 cals
    I had a more mindful NFD yesterday. Watching amounts. No breakfast, Fruit in the afternoon, fresh raspberries and blueberries with only stevia. Unsweetened iced tea with Stevia. Caesar Salad with grilled shrimp and a small portion of an Alaskan king crab leg without butter for the first time. It’s still my favorite. I used the app Lose It, to track my food and calories. 😊I was 779 below my TDEE, total of 689 cals. For the day. Being more careful and choosing salad and small portions of grilled seafood worked for me yesterday. I think I’m going to be much more mindful on my NFD’s.😊
    Thanks @flourbaby for your insights on Friday. I feel good today about my choices yesterday.
    I also walked 6,439 steps according to my Fitbit.
    I will continue with a good low cal, controlled NFD today.🤞✨😊
    @chumi playing airsoft sounds like a lot of fun. Great way to boost your metabolism.✨I will check on that around here for our twins, hubby and myself when my knee can handle it.😊
    @mogaman Good for you! I think the vegetables without butter or thick dressing are so much better for us. ✨
    @mia139 Wow, have a great 2nd of b2b FD today!✨
    @bigviking ✨More of your weight purging will show on the scales when nature and your body are comfortable in letting it go. ✨It will happen ✨What you do today will affect your next week.😊
    @fatrabbit ✨🎉Congratulations on throwing out that 46 lbs of fat! Did I understand correctly you ate your food within 2 hours for the whole day?
    @pippapah I’m with you on the wine it doesn’t work for me. Although I will inevitably have something at my Niece’s wedding in June.
    @at Good wishes for the Good news of your DD engagement.🥂
    @lynzm 🌈I am feeling the same way about the scales …. We will prevail and the weight will be burned and tossed out! Even it takes longer than it did when we were heavier.✨Keep the faith✨
    @skinnylove Good to hear from you. Good going. 🎉You are getting close to breaking into the 50kgs. Be patient with yourself.✨

Leaving you with a thought for today.
    Do something today that your future self will Thank-you for.🤝

Day 21 Oman FD

Day 21 – USA – NFD

Should have known better than to try and fast yesterday…we have company staying for the week and you know the rest…can someone point me to the page with the spreadsheet so I can update it? Weigh in today was 181.2, up 1.2 lbs. but lost 1.5 inches since last week, so not a total loss. Getting to the end of the month and I’m doubtful about reaching my goal of 177. Hate that I am still in the 80s! Still not getting notifications of posts in my email and have not had a response from tech support. @at congrats! @Strawberriesandcream, you are a braver one than I! Hoping for the time when I will not count calories on LCHF. Lots of keto people don’t and I admire that. Got to get back into being strict on FDs; lost my mojo.

Day 21 – USA(Utah visiting) – NFD

Off to early church shortly with the fam. Going to be very controlled and no sweets today (maybe a little wine? Who knows… ).

Onward and downward.

Day 21 US NFD CD
    focused on (less than) <1468 TDEE cals for goal weight of 131 lbs. : 59.4 kg

I started using the Lose it app again. I looked at my weight from last year … it was 197 lbs. With stubborn perseverance … ignoring that scale, “cruella’s” back talk. Starting in March of 2017, at 181lbs, with @at as the leader, with the help of the group and the FD’s I am currently at 154.4lbs: 70 kgs. So that’s a 42.6 lb: 19.3 kg weight purge since a year ago last March. ✨✨🎉🎉 I have to admit the small (sometimes boring) steps we take daily will lead to the large successes! It puts things into perspective for me.

Victory belongs to the most persevering….I am more stubborn and will persevere longer than my scale😊

Wishing everyone a super Weekend!✨🤝✨

Day 19 : Cheshire, UK : NFD
    Day 20 : Cheshire, UK : FD
    Day 21 : Cheshire, UK : NFD

Day 20 was an unexpected fast day. I didn’t feel too good and didn’t want to eat much but welcome all the same.

The scales are being kind to me and if I continue I may well reach my target for May.

@fatrabbit – Huge congratulations on your success in eradicating extra weight. You are doing so well. How are you feeling in yourself generally?

@shera10000 – Did you make a mistake with the day you posted? Day 13? 🙂

@coda = I have lots of admiration and respect for you for not giving up when the going gets tough. I have for anyone who has been married for decades 🙂 I’ve never been married.

@xrox : A warm welcome.

@tlc2 – would you be able to post where you are in the world i.e Day of month, Where you live, FD or NFD. So for me it’s Day 21 : Cheshire, UK : NFD. Somehow it really helps to know where people live. 🙂

xoxo

Day 21 – SW WA USA – NFD

@coda you asked about a June leader.
    ✨ If I read correctly @strawberriesandcream has offered to lead in June. Awesome of you to offer. ✨ 🍓 🍓✨I think you’d do well! I’m glad if you could lead in June.✨ I’m pretty sure most of the active members will still be here in June.😊✨✨🤝✨✨🌈✨

✨✨Together we are Stronger.✨😊

@coda you asked about a June leader.
    ✨ If I read correctly @strawberriesandcream has offered to lead in June. Awesome of you to offer. ✨ 🍓 🍓✨I think you’d do well! I’m glad if you could lead in June.✨ I’m pretty sure most of the regular members will be here in June.😊✨✨🤝✨✨

✨✨Together we are Stronger✨😊

Weird… not sure why that posted twice. 🤔

Happy days! Just realisied that my weight this morning was just 12lb away from bringing my BMI below 25!!

Challenge weigh-in in the morning. Onwards and downwards!

Day 21 lancaster 🇺🇸. NFD

Day 21 NFD St. Louis USA
    A beautiful day here in St. Louis. Enjoying my gardening efforts and watching birds and squirrels. Going to add a few more annuals. Planning to do my normal back to back fast Monday and Tuesday with additional Thursday fast. That seems to be working nicely for me.

@pissapoosa thank you again for your efforts. I appreciate the spreadsheet but think I really like that tracker. Love seeing that graph go down. I haven’t really lost the inches so looking forward to that whoosh.

All my best to all of you. Let’s make it a wonderful week

Day 21 Notts UK BSD

Back from hols what a great week it was, weather reasonable with a couple of gloriously sunny days – most welcome! Weight this morning 89.3kg. Not sure what I was before I went away but well chuffed. Just shows what plenty of gentle walking can do – even cancelling out a delicious fish & chip takeaway – must remember that in future days.

Not managed to catch up with posts but looks like most have had some good results. Big push now – 10 days until end of challenge and would like to get closer to my goal

Onwards and downwards every one – bon chance!

Day 21, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

Hello all, having a great day. Today’s weight 142, below goal weight of 145.

No breakfast, went to church, came home and ate some veggie Spring rolls and steak fries – then had a couple of chocolate topped shortbread cookies (didn’t really even like them so am glad they are gone) – then a few plain shortbread cookies to cleanse my palate, haha… Did about fifty counter pushups and fifty tricep dips early this morning and will do more of those and the rest of my exercise routine this afternoon. Need to get in more water, tho.

Wishing you all well.

2nd post 🌈

Thanks @okeydokey for the positive vibes, completely agree.

Water drinkers I a. On my third bottle 500ml yay me, (I think 1.5 litres is enough for me, plus the coffee and cup of tea I have each day) sunny days and exercise really help. Have decided that if I need a bit of squash in it then that’s ok too, I’m sure the water drinking with squash is more beneficial than not drinking, use this tool when I’m struggling. 🐉Dragon drowned for today.

One meal today chicken salad and throughly enjoyed it. Banana for afters.

Have been doing a 30 min on the rowing machine each day at the gym minimum, my mind switches off and I just row. Day 11 of this already. Hoping to see some results at the end of May.

Keep on keeping on people. 👊🏻

Hello all uk co down nfd day 21

@flourbaby fabulous post!

@at you posted this and it so resonated with me. – You might not be where you want to be. But you’re not where you used to be!

Hope this makes sense as I am really tired lol in a good way.

So the story was number 3 son was playing rugby so would not be home with his gf for her Grandmother’s 90th birthday. So it was a big surprise yesterday morning I was woken by him bringing me my hot water and lemon. He was picked up at airport and ‘sneaked into the house on Friday night. He had come after all for 90th. My OH said we would be going out, possible overnight stay and dinner but venue was a surprise. Number 1 son was away fishing, number 2 had said earlier in week he was going to Belast with his work colleagues. I had taken my Dad out to Lisburn and had lunch as I said I needed to get back home early. Got home, got ready and OH and I set off. He drove all round the countryside I didn’t have a clue where we were going! Eventually after going in and out of a hotel’s car park we parked up. Nice hotel and one we had never stayed in before. He had booked an executive room and dinner! So we come down for dinner and through the glass doors I see all my boys with balloons, as I get further into the room there was my Dad, a gathering of friends with family even over from England. So happy tears all round and a large G&T! We had a buffett meal, wine, birthday cake and had a fabulous time. Hadn’t had an inkling about any of it. Yes there really was a 90th but was in afternoon.

It was looking today at the photos taken that made @at‘s words burn out at me. Although I have lost almost 28 lbs I could see that despite how well I thought I looked I (slightly shocked) could see I still have a bit of a journey to travel (so self critical). What must I have looked like before and why did I not see it so clearly before. We can fool ourselves so cleverly. So while I am not where I want to be I am thankfully not where I once was. It is also thanks to this wol that i was able to have a wonderful time and know that I’ll fast on Monday and Tuesday as usual. The scales may be up tomorrow as I certainly was not drinking enough water over the weekend, the food may not have been the natural healthy food i have been eating most of the time but that is perfectly, perfectly fine.

Oops sorry that should read – i have rid myself of almost 28lbs not lost them!

Day 21 – USA – NFD

@coda, so happy for you!

Still day 21 –

@coda – What a lovely surprise orchestrated for you!

I can appreciate your reflection. Congratulations on your progress. Yes, with this WOL we’re on a continued journey.

day 21 Chicago, Illinois USA – NFD

Day 22 FD country West Australia 73.6 kgs
    The past few days since last post have been NFDs – computer and internet connectivity issues!
    Not sure if this qualifies as a rant or not but here it is.
    So …. just as well this is a journey and I am in it for the long haul because ATM I am taking the circuitous, rocky, hilly, desertlike trail!
    On the scenic side I see all the happy wanderers who have lost weight or maintained and I give them all a cheery wave and a shout out to their success.
    On the steep, rocky, rough track I am currently on , I huff and puff and hold hands with all those helping each other out climbing over the rocky parts whilst we wonder if we will EVER get to the scenic side!!
    Well, that’s my journey at present.
    Despite reasonable NFDs and a good FD last week, the scales are up AND clothing feeling a bit tighter where it was looser last month. ( I know about the vagaries of the scales but 2 kgs up in the month is a bit concerning . Have re-calibrated TDEE and unlike others, if I don’t count calories they sneak into my diet no matter how I try to keep them out!)
    Trying to figure it out as I am being more active, drinking a lot of water, mostly being mindful of what I am eating, drinking far less flat white coffees.
    I have tried to change it up and down with different windows for eating – 16:8, 12:12 etc but no luck.

However, and this is the one I would like to deny but can’t!, as the weather has got colder I have eaten a few more more carbs. Not heaps more but the odd slice of bread here , the very occasional biscuit there and whammo! The fat fairy is once again enjoying a holiday on my scales.
    Plan : ….. gulp! try to cut down further/cut our carbs for a week to see if that changes scales and waistband. Pretty drastic step for a carb lover like me but have to try something.
    @metatauta, re counting calories – you and me both!
    @coda, your party sounds awesome.
    Off to see Dr Moseley speak in Perth on June the 1st, so really looking forward to that
    Putting on the hiking boots , looking up at the mountain for the next part of the journey. Can see a few big boulders on the way but determined to get over them.
    Go well all.

Day 22 Newcastle UK FD
    Weight 13st 11lbs
    Neck 16″
    Chest 42″
    Waist 38″
    Hip 38.5″
    Going in the right direction still.
    Tough week in more ways than one,will keep posting over the next couple of weeks but keep them simple.
    Keep at it people.

Day 22 UK NFD

183 lbs a new low despite eating what felt like a huge amount yesterday. Just carrying on despite the week long plateau was the right thing to do. My energy levels aren’t as good as they were but I get very little sleep in the summer as the early mornings always wake me. This can’t be blamed on fasting as it always happens. And I can’t go to sleep earlier as the rest of the household doesn’t and they make so much noise:(

I was awake 5.12am the light mornings are a killer, well done on your new low.

Day 22 UK FD 🌈

Going to do a FD today and tomorrow, B2B. Keep on keeping on people 👊🏻Going to do a day of no food and just a 500 cal meal in the evening, after the gym.

Focus drowning the dragon again. 🐉

Day 22
    West Midlands UK
    NFD

DAY 22 – UK – FD (Thank goodness – I no longer trust myself on NFD’s).

Day 22, UK, NFD

The scales finally reacted this morning and stopped at 91.6kg. Down 1.7kg / 3.7lb for the week. 4.2kg / 9.5lb until my BMI hits 25 😀

Day 22 uk co down fd hello all

@lilymartin – feel for you, while some have got rid of the same amount of weight I have, they have done it in months! I however have been on the rocky road for a heck of a lot longer. But it’s not a race, their journey is not mine and again I will repeat while I am not where I want to be I am not where I once was. So while we see the ones who are in the land of maintenance we sometimes forget about the ones who are also on the rocky road. We are behind you, in front of you or beside you. Keep going, keep looking ahead and if you keep on keeping on those boulders get smaller and you/we will get to the scenic side of the mountain. x

Day 22: Northumberland, UK: FD
    Weight 79.7kg, waist 76cm, hips 101cm, bust 100cm.

Strange day yesterday, too busy at the kids school fair to eat for most of the day, so by the time I went to aquafit I’d had one meal and only around 700 calories all day, but when I came home I just needed something to nibble on and managed another 500+ calories of assorted snacks and nibbles. On the plus side, at the start of the year that would have been 1000+ calories, but I feel that it was just feeding the sugar and carb dragons, rather than me actually needing to eat.
    Trying for a fast day today, but might switch things around this week rather than doing the B2B to start, if I get too hungry today. At a spa day with my mam on Wednesday, and then a weeks holiday next week, so fast days later in the week may set me up better.

Day 22 | London | FD
    Day 21 | London | 16:8

Current weight: 137lbs
    Start weight: 144 lbs

Good week all.

Day 22, Newcastle UK, FD – first of B2B

So, as predicted, the scales show a different figure this morning and I’m not worried in the slightest. We were out all day so by the time I made our roast chicken dinner last night it was 7.30pm – a few hours later than we normally eat. The pattern over the last four days has been: Friday 137lbs, Saturday 135.1lbs, Sunday 136.2lbs, This morning 137.4lbs. I put this down to food in transit and am looking forward to my B2B FDs.

@tillysmum – good to hear you’ve had a lovely week and are feeling positive about this WOL.
    @coda – fabulous celebration – you’re obviously very much cherished. Happy birthday for when it happens.
    @at – congratulations on your lovely family news.
    @lindasue – my bingo wings are crying out for tricep dips – you’re motivating me to get started!
    @steve toon taxi driver – Yes, life has a way of throwing obstacles in our way but stay with us – you’re doing so well.
    @fatrabbit – may I suggest earplugs & eyemask plus two pillows over the head – works a treat for me.
    @saffy420 – wow – that’s a fantastic result so far – well done!
    @lilymartin – loved your description of your journey – lol. Your determination to succeed is clear and you won’t be short of company – may I join you today and tomorrow please???
    @metatauta – having dieted all my life, I’m like a walking calorie counter, so do have a good idea of how much I’m consuming. However, not counting may well be an experiment that goes wrong – and I’ll be back to writing them down. The link to the spreadsheet is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SLq0JjjWe8jvsiubsJSS8owJ-qYfGYtY1ceZPkWphLM/edit#gid=0

Have a great week everyone – together we are stronger.

Day 22 UK FD aiming for a good week leading up to my hols next week.

@coda – what a lovely surprise 😀

Day 22 UK FD 800

Going for 800 calorie FD today after my B2B over the weekend. Weight today 65.3 Kg so have cancelled out Friday’s indulgence. In the past that would have been a diet wrecker but now safely back on track. have achieved my May target of 2 Kg dispatched so anything else from now is a bonus.. not long till the end of the month!
    @coda. Your surprise sounded amazing… what a wonderful day!
    @fatrabbit. Congratulations on your new low number. It’s so enecouraging to see a number not seen for a while.
    @lilymartin… love your mountain analogy… that’s what losing weight as always seemed. Up and down! Hopefully with this WOL we will all be standing on the sunny mountain tops soon!
    @okeydokey… many congratulations on your almost 20 Kg purge… and all the great encouraging posts.
    Thanks to everyone who keep on keeping on !! Good luck to all today. Together we can do this!

Day20 – Scotland – NFD (massive binge)
    Day 21 – Scotland – NFD (massive binge)
    Day 22 – Scotland – FD

I need a massive pat on my back. One of those that don’t mean “well done you”, but “Come on, you can do it, just start again”. I didn’t have time to check my weight this morning (my husband is away for work and I am alone with the boys) but I think I could have seen 61kg (I was 58 on Thur and 58.2 on Friday morning). FD today and tomorrow – my husband will be back on Tues night so I may as well take advantage of the fact that I won’t have to cook something yummy for him. I feel down, and I don’t want because I know that having a negative attitude doesn’t help me with dieting.I hope that with fasting I can go back on track soon. I am too ashamed to list what I managed to eat in less than 48 hours….Based on what somebody posted before (forgive me, I am terrible with names!) it will take me 6 days to go back to where I was. Definitely not less.

Day 22 – UK – FD

Scales have finally followed loose jeans trend and shown a loss this week instead of a gain. Waist has also reduced, so am down total for the month 1.4kg and 3cm.

Thanks for the spreadsheet link @Strawberriesandcream – I have updated my stats.

@coda – sounds like everyone had a wonderful day!

Day 8 – Hampshire – FD

Woohooo I made it through week 1, they always say that’s the hardest part, I did weight myself a few times during the week and at some point I was 2lbs down but this morning which is my official weekly weight in, I lost my first 1.5lbs (0.7kg), I am very pleased with the result because I may have enjoyed myself this weekend on my NFD with wine and cupcakes and ice cream – wont be making this a weekly thing!

@basyjames, @ Okeydokey, @ GoldenSun – thank you all for your warm welcomes 😉

@coda thanks for the instructions and for sharing the post on prediction – its very inspiring to read 🙂

@skinnylove you’re post has really given me a boost, just to think getting to 65kg would be like a dream come true, you have done so well, I will continue to keep an eye on your loss for motivation as we started at the same weight 😉

Now a question for all – GYM/EXERCISE ON FASTING DAYS
    I have been going to the gym/doing my running on my fasting days – I know some people don’t recommend it (although the FAQ page says its fine) but research has shown that since we don’t consume enough energy on our fasting days to feed the exercise, our body will turn to its own fat storage for energy which means breaking down some of the stored fat which should aid weight loss, I also like it because it gives me something to do in the evenings instead of sitting at home thinking of food, I don’t tend to struggle to get through my work out because I always thinking of all the fat disappearing lol, i’m never really that hungry after a workout so again it really helps me on my fasting days – Does anyone do this? what are your thoughts?

xRox

@lumat you can do this, reset and go again. But don’t be too hard on yourself, you have lots going on with your boys. My 2 are now 4 and 6 and it has taken me this long to get into a place where I could consider eating differently to the rest of the family, and doing something to lose excess weight. The gradual weight gain took all my adult life, but definitely escalated after the 2nd was born as she was a sleep thief from day 1. Knowing now about the links between sleep deprivation and blood sugar levels it’s not really surprising how high in carbs and sugar my diet got. I had one day the other week after a terrible nights sleep where all the craving I had eradicated came back in full force and I was hungry all day. The only difference really to the days before was I had < 4 hours sleep. The grazing on the kids leftover chocolate has become a bit of a habit since, which I need to stop again.

@xrox I regularly exercise on fast days, and usually I find it makes me less hungry, and I find it easier to keep the volume of fluids I consume up.

2nd Post – realised we have no FD Pocketeers list yet so have started one – apologies if I have missed anyone.

@lilymartin
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @lynzm
    @jarbia
    @coda
    @lmrenfrey
    @jmh44
    @Strawberriesandcream
    @brightonbelle
    @mia139
    @lumat
    @pippapah
    @xrox

@lumat – I read with sinking heart how eating the ‘wrong food’ can set you back three days. I thought the whole idea of 5:2 was that you could eat (within reason) what foods you wanted on NFD?

Day 22 – UK – FD

@xrox – I was wary at first exercising on fast days, thinking I would be weak or pass out, however, happy to say it is not like that at all. I love the idea that the body can somehow use the fat stores to fuel our workout, it sounds to good to be true, however, I am going into my 4th week now on this WOL and abandoning at least 1kg a week so I am super motivated to continue.

@lilymartin – I loved reading your post, we are indeed all on different journeys. The main thing is to keep going no matter how many times we want to give up and stop.

@coda – your surprise was just lovely, very happy for you that you have such a loving family, as you give so much to this forum.

Adding myself to the pocketeers.

@lilymartin
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @lynzm
    @jarbia
    @coda
    @lmrenfrey
    @jmh44
    @strawberriesandcream
    @brightonbelle
    @mia139
    @lumat
    @pippapah
    @xrox
    @yolina

Good luck everyone

@Imrenfrey, @pippapah thanks for sharing!!!

@yolina thats what I am aiming for: 1kg a week so its great to know that its doable.

I know some say that when you start exercising, you build muscle and this may show higher values on the scales but I have exercised for years so I guess I am just training my muscles and shouldn’t be shocking my body into building new muscles!!

Pippapah, I don’t think that eating the wrong food sets you back three days. I have been eating one or two treat every day on NFD and I kept loosing an average of 800gr per week. However, from Friday to Sunday I have been eating probably 3 x my TDEE everyday. Boxes of biscuits (not just some biscuits) everyday! Now, this will definitely set me back of at least a week!!!

Thank you and lnrenfrey for your kind words

Viewing 50 posts - 1,601 through 1,650 (of 2,272 total)

You must be logged in to reply.