Make March Mine

This topic contains 339 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  lilymartin 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 350 total)

• Day 13 country west Australia NFD 85.0 kgs
    Yes you read the above post day correctly!! Not sure what happened but I posted this on day 7 and it showed up on the forum but seems to have disappeared !!
    I have lost so many posts into cyber space over the years that I copy them in to a word document so if I lose it I always have a copy!!
    Now to the week…..
    A friend died and I was asked to organise the funeral which I was happy to oblige. But it took a considerable amount of time and long hours to organise. Anyway it went as well as a funeral can go.
    One thing said was that the ‘ if onlys…..’ drive you crazy and sometimes there are simply no answers as to why someone dies suddenly. This lad was only 25, and with a family.๐Ÿ˜”
    @northgeorgia, I feel for you and your family. Such a sudden and distressing death is hard to take in. Allow yourself time to grieve and just be. ๐Ÿ’And a virtual hug from across the miles.
    @penz, life happens and is to be enjoyed. 5:2 will be there for a new day tomorrow( or today!)
    @dramaqueen6, so sorry to hear about your car. But at least details were left which isn’t always the case.
    @jaifaim, I hope you continue to improve. YAY to your good 4 days with fasting. May it continue !๐Ÿ˜Š
    @at, that butternut squash risotto sounds delicious! The snow sounds fantastic – as we have 33ยบC here. Hot and humid…๐Ÿฅต
    And yay on your loss too!๐Ÿ˜‡
    @merryapple, I love the sound of a ‘ wonkybox’ , less food wastage and tastes just as good.๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‡
    @ccco, well done on the 1 lb loss! So many are having success with losing weight this month. Every bit counts!! ๐Ÿ‘
    @stitchincarol, well done on the nibilitis-free meatloaves !
    Glad to hear your sister’s shoulder op went well. Yes, the rehab is MOST important ( says the health professional…)๐Ÿค—
    Well done on your great weight too!๐Ÿ’ I admit my planking has been somewhat derailed but hoping to start again now that life is somewhat calmer this week…๐Ÿคž
    Good luck with edits and taxes ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
    @brightonbelle, your ongoing dental issues sound terrible – and painful. I hope you get on top of it soon. There is nothing worse than problems with teeth.๐Ÿ˜ข
    @gardenlily, I love the accidental FDs. They are SUCH a bonus. Well done!๐Ÿ’
    Sorry to hear about the tummy bug. I hope you are on the mend.
    @funshipfreddie, wow! you are getting such. lot done. We are building a house, very slowly, as building has slowed right down here in WA due to lack of labour, scarcity of materials etc.
    When it is finished ( already 2 years late!!!!) we will be joining you in all the decisions. And yes, WHY is tapware SO expensive????๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
    Hoping @litprof, @linda_b, @flourbaby, @basyjames, @matpi and all the others are ok and possibly lurking? Or just busy? Would love for you all to pop by and say hi ! We miss you. ๐Ÿค—
    Day 8 word – discombobulate – to discomfort, unsettle
    Day 9 word – giglet – a giggling girl!
    Day 10 word – Yawp – to make a raucous noise; to clamour or complain
    Day 11 word – Parky – chilly ( as in the morning air)
    Day 12 word – Pogonology – the study of beards
    Today’s word – Dysania ( I suffer from this a lot !!!) – having a hard time waking up in the morning!!!
    But now that I am up, I had best be off to work.
    Onward and downward !!

Day 13 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Monday morning PFDS! ๐Ÿฅณ๏ธ ๐ŸŽ‰ And an ’87’ sleep score – yay me! ๐Ÿ˜…

@lilymartin – so sorry to hear about your friend. And, 25?! That’s so tragic.
    I got so much done yesterday. Not needing to stop for lunch makes a big difference. Apart from hearing a pizza commercial on the radio around 3 pm, I didn’t give food a thought until I had an apple around 5:30 pm. A friend in New Zealand gave me a great time/paint/water-saving tip. I detest cleaning brushes, but she told me it’s not necessary to do it every day. Just wrap the bristles in clingfilm while the brush is still wet, & the next day you can just continue where you left off. It works like a charm. I don’t know if that’s common knowledge, but I wish I’d heard about it years ago ๐Ÿ™„

I was just reading about all the shenanigans at last night’s Oscars. I love Hugh Grant, but he can be such a grumpy sod https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11852139/Hugh-Grant-shuts-Ashley-Graham-Oscars-2023-awkward-red-carpet-interview.html

Sending RESOLVE to the Monday fasters ๐Ÿ’ช ๐ŸŽฏ

Pocket List – Day 13 ๐Ÿ
    @merryapple

Day 13 – Ireland – NFD ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธโœ…

Oh @lilymartin what a week youโ€™ve had – you poor thing! And then to take the time to come back to post retrospectively – youโ€™re so good.
    Terribly sad to hear about the death of your very young friend – and your cousin. I am so sorry for you ๐Ÿ’•

Good hike yesterday and weirdly the weather was quite mild although wet later in the morning so another drenchingโ€ฆ really lovely catch-up with friends and delicious lunch when we were back down.

@at I hope you enjoyed the lazy day and the sports – what a weekend of sport it was!

@funshipfreddie I am not surprised youโ€™re sleeping so well!!! What work you are getting done yourself! Bravo! I am really impressed and itโ€™s the way to go as trying to get workmen is probably difficult as it is here!
    Iโ€™m not sleeping all too well this weekend.. not sure why but not worrying too much about itโ€ฆ

@merryapple I can empathise Iโ€™ve bobbed up again but putting it down to weekend and hike treats rather than pure indulgenceโ€ฆ I didnโ€™t go madโ€ฆ but.. I did have popcorn at the Cinema also this weekend so that is often an enemy to weight loss for meโ€ฆ Weโ€™ll get there ๐Ÿคฉ
    Hope everyone else is okโ€ฆ all very quietโ€ฆ.

Ok off for a trot and maybe a plankโ€ฆ.

Usually Mondays are FDs for me but looking forward to dinner out with my cousin tonight so will try choose wisely.

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 13 – DORSET – FD

Morning all a wet and windy start to the day!

@lilymartin – so sad to hear about your young friend, especially when there doesn’t seem to be any answers.

@funshipfreddie – working does keep your mind off of eating! it really is the boredom that gets to me.

@lilymartin – re your Day 7 post. @simcoeluv was always such a good font of knowledge and so good at shutting down people who were giving terrible medical advice. And your day 8 word, I use that a lot as it is generally how I have been feeling for the last month!

Pocket List โ€“ Day 13
    @merryapple
    @dramaqueen6

Have a lovely day everyone

Day 13 – USA/GA

Weigh-in: 218 lbs. Today is my brother’s birthday and we celebrated yesterday, hence the biggest one-day weight gain in weeks. My plan is to fast today, but my sister-in-law might do something for my brother tonight, too. I’m just going to have to play things by ear for a little while. I’m about to leave for the office and it will be my first day back on site. I’m not sure how it’s going to go. I’m leaving the option open to go home early if needed. It will also be my mom’s first day alone; one of her cousins may come by to take her to lunch.

Day 13 – UK – FD800

A wet and wild start to my day here too @dramaqueen6 and it looks like a bit a rainy week ahead โ˜”๏ธ

Well yesterday did not end up as the planned CD but definitely remained below TDEE – I blame OH as he fancied a seafood paella for dinner and we both enjoyed it!

FD today and back to regular routine, all exercise classes back on this week starting with Yoga this evening to keep me on track ๐Ÿคž

@northgeorgia – will be thinking of you today on your first day back at work after the sudden and unexpected loss of your dad and if you need to go back home early then do so – take care ๐Ÿค—
    @lilymartin – death of a friend, funeral to organise; death of a cousin – what a lot of emotions to deal with sending you a big virtual hug ๐Ÿค— I too love Day 8 word โ€“ discombobulate ๐Ÿ˜Š
    @brightonbelle – hope you are recovered from your dental issues ๐Ÿคž
    @jaifaim – I did enjoy my “lazy” day and it was a great weekend of sports – made me thinks of @i-hate-lettuce who loves rugby too

I looked back at the first challenge I hosted way back in March 2017 – 150 registered and at the end of the challenge = 90 had stayed the course! some are still here with us on this challenge @snowflake56 @songbirdme @brightonbelle but I wonder what all the others are up to……….

I end today with a quote often used by one of those participants @happymargo โ€œI am striving for โ€œPROGRESS, NOT PERFECTION.โ€ And before eating, I ask myself, โ€œWILL THIS GET ME CLOSER TO MY GOALS?โ€

Pocket List โ€“ Day 13 ๐Ÿ
    @merryapple
    @dramaqueen6
    @at FD800

Day 13 UK FD

Donโ€™t know wether to be happy or sad Iโ€™m still here 6 years later @at

Need to pull up my big girl pants and get on with things , off to Rome Sunday so looking to have a good week ๐Ÿ’ช

@merryapple
    @dramaqueen6
    @at FD800
    @brightonbelle

Day 13, Germany, FD
    Day 12 NFD
    Day 11 FD
    Day 10 NFD

Haven’t been on the internet over the last 4 days, too many books too read. It keeps me out of the kitchen.

@lilymartin I’m so sorry for your losses.

@at and @brightonbelle I also started 6 years ago, I’m also not sure to be happy or sad. I’m always doing well for a while and then let it slip.

@merryapple
    @dramaqueen6
    @at FD800
    @brightonbelle
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

USA. Day 13. FD800

@merryapple
    @dramaqueen6
    @at FD800
    @brightonbelle
    @snowflake56
    @ccco FD800

Day 14, FD, Aus

Excellent long weekend โ€“ far too much food and wine, so back on the fasting wagon today.

So good to see you back @northgeorgia and I echo @dramaqueen6 and @jaifaimโ€™s comments.

Not sure if you have a store like this near you @funshipfreddie but here in Canberra there is a store that sells second hand building supplies. Everything from kitchen cupboards to doors, bricks and taps. Itโ€™s usually in top condition, and far cheaper than buying new. Good luck with the decision-making, and the renno quote!

The toilet squat was me @jaifaim! Which is a reminder I should return to that practiceโ€ฆ

Day 14 Melbourne, Australia NFD

I have been MIA fora few days as I have, and am, still unwell. Thankfully nothing horrific but I have a bad cold and am feeling pretty miserable. And I’m trying to help my sister move. And we are going away tomorrow. I have been doing regular rapid covid tests and am negative on all those. I’m not trying to fast, just being sensible with what and how much I eat.

I probably won’t post again until next week as I am going away with my sisters tomorrow. On the weekend we are going to a music festival in the Blue Mountains in NSW. I suspect lots of eating will happen then.

Have a good day all.

Day 13 6pm at a conference in Kearney, Nebraska

Didn’t realize I wouldn’t be able to post yesterday or even this morning, so here I am very late to game, LOL. Went ahead and had the provided lunch at the time they served it, 12:00, rather than waiting for 1:30, but we ate so well that neither DH nor I are much interested in more food…we’ll see how we feel in an hour.

I’m not going to try to read and reply to response, but know that I read what I can in the little free moments, and am cheering or sympathizing or celebrating or whatever is appropriate for you all. I’ll leave about an hour early tomorrow–leaving DH to catch a ride home with some friends–and go straight to Omaha to teach piano lessons, so I’ll talk to you all for real on Wednesday morning.

Day 14, Germany, NFD

Just checking in for accountability.

Day 14 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

It was less than a week since I ordered the blinds, & they were installed yesterday. These guys are fast! And seeing them put up the blinds – one guy had a drill in one hand & a vacuum nozzle in the other. Didn’t leave a speck of dust anywhere.

@jaifaim – keeping busy really does seem to work wonders for my sleep! I scored 88 last night. Although, getting workmen isn’t a problem here, due to our massive unemployment problem. If you’re struggling with good sleep, maybe some ideas in this article from today’s UK Mail could help? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/homes/article-11856423/The-five-things-need-remove-bedroom-better-nights-sleep.html I had to banish Boo Boo from the bedroom not long after adopting her. She seems to think 4 am is playtime ๐Ÿ˜ณ

@penz – what a good idea! I Googled ‘2nd hand building materials’ & there are a couple of places in the area. But now I’ve sort of got my heart set on the items I’ve found. The existing taps etc are okay; I just want them to look more modern & to replace them with mixers. It’s not like I’ll be doing this too often, so I may as well go for the style I really like.

@malee57 – I hope you’re soon feeling perkier so you can enjoy your trip & music festival.

Have a great day everyone

Pocket List – Day 14 ๐Ÿฅ‘
    @penz

Day 14 – Ireland – FD ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธโœ…

Lovely catch up with my cousin who I have not seen since before the pandemic. Lots of laughs and tears were had and a delicious meal ๐Ÿ’›

It was you @penz! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Well Iโ€™m thinking that it would be good to introduce that practice nowโ€ฆ I am toying with joining my friends for a ski weekend at the end of March so could do with getting squat fit. It will depend on snowโ€ฆ at the moment there is not a huge amount of it. How are our American skiers getting along?

Oh @malee57 I hope you feel better and you will be in for a treat! Some friends were at the Port Fairy festival at the weekend and I think many of the artists are heading to the blue mountains next. Steve Poltz, Mary Coughlan from our fair isle and some fabulous Scottish artists are playing โ€ฆ hope you enjoy!

Thanks @funshipfreddie ๐Ÿ’ค when you say you scored 88 – what does that mean? It looks good and high but is that on an app?

@at Iโ€™m 6 years in too โ€ฆ I joined later in 2017โ€ฆ have to say that while I maybe should really resemble a stick by now… ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚I would dread to think what I would be like if I wasnโ€™t here with you all. It was the single best thing I have ever found online โญ๏ธ

Have a good day everyone! And to those who are not posting – we are with you ๐Ÿ‘‹

Pocket List โ€“ Day 14
    @penz
    @jaifaim

Day 14 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 217 lbs. As expected, yesterday’s FD turned into an evening OMAD with another birthday celebration for my brother. The death certificates arrived at the funeral home yesterday, so I’m taking the morning off to go with my mom over there and start the first of the paperwork we have to do. I’ll take her to lunch afterwards, and will work the afternoon from home. I’ll reattempt a FD on Wednesday.

Day 14 Country west Australia NFD 84.8 kgs
    Busy day just checking in.
    It is good to see a few of us have been here since 2016 – still 5:2ing in various forms with varying results. But that is how life rolls. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    @funshipfreddie, glad your blinds being installed were easier than trying to get your licence sorted.๐Ÿ˜
    @malee57, I hope you improve soon. Sending you some virtual ‘ chicken soup for the downhearted’๐Ÿฅฃ
    @Northgerogia, good luck with the paperwork. Thinking of you and your family at this time.๐Ÿ’
    My F-I-L died last year and we still haven’t finished all the paperwork. It seems to be never-ending..
    @jaifaim, how lovely to catch up with your cousin after such a long time. Sounds great.๐Ÿค—
    @snowflake56, accountability is part of what this forum is about and certainly helps.๐Ÿ˜Š
    Off to try to get some sleep. Not sure what my sleep score would be, but not high !!
    ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด

Day 14 UK NFD

What a tough time @northgeorgia – stay strong you sound to be helping your family in a very caring way

Day 14 USA/HI NFD
    Day 13 FD800
    Trying to get back onboard with posting as I know accountability is so important.
    @northgeorgia You and your family are close in my thoughts and prayers as you proceed to do what must be done with the paper work at this sad time.

I had a sudden death of a close and supportive friend recently. She was the one who always called me every few days to check in on us โ€ฆ how I do miss her!
    Trying to get enough caregivers lined up to keep DH at home but it is becoming quite the challenge. But everyday I keep reaching outโ€ฆ it will all come together as it should.
    Best to all fasting or just trying to control eating on a NFD. I had a good reminder of how much I need to stay close to this way of life. All can be undone so quickly. Still in the 150โ€™s but just barely!!

Day 14 – UK – FD800 (B2B)

A good FD800 yesterday and a busy day today led to another……

Had a wonderful 6mile hike in snowy conditions this morning with my walking group and coffee afterwards to warm up with plenty of chat…..
    Weather changed drastically to clear blue skies and sunshine mid afternoon and more snow early evening and now clear skies again with Venus clearly seen from where I’m sitting in our lounge!!!
    My regular HIP class this evening certainly more than fulfilled my exercise quota for the day and has kept me on track for this B2B FD800

@northgeorgia – sounds like you’re being of great support to your mother and family – remember that you also need time to grieve the loss of your dad – take care ๐Ÿค—
    @brightonbelle @snowflake56 @jaifaim – I for one am so glad to still be part of these challenges that I first joined in November 2015 and the reason I’m still here is that without you all I am pretty sure the weight lost would have crept back on and I don’t want to go back to where I started from…..
    @penz – that’s the beauty of this WOL – an indulgent weekend can be enjoyed without any guilt โ˜บ๏ธ
    @malee57 – hopefully you recover enough to enjoy your music festival in the Blue Mountains in NSW
    @maui – sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend – you must miss her support ๐Ÿค—

Yoga class tomorrow morning and one of the ladies who attends is 80 on the weekend – she is AMAZING, still runs on the fells and is ever youthful in appearance and attitude – she lives on her own so we are going for coffee and cake after class to help her celebrate ๐Ÿฅณ

Missing a few regulars – hope to hear from you all soon…..

Thanks to everybody on this forum for being the wonderful supportive group that you all are.

Pocket List โ€“ Day 14 ๐Ÿฅ‘
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @at (B2B FD800)

Day 15 NFD NZ

OMG (0h my goodness) Half way through the monthโ€ฆ
    I have continued to eat sensibly but itโ€™s the three solid meals a day with no light eating – like an unexpected FD that are doing me in with house guests. I did manage to get Mondayโ€™s FD in then cooked roast chicken for them.
    @jaifaim I too should be a stick with the amount of weight Iโ€™ve lost then have to re lose and re lose and re loseโ€ฆ
    I love clothes and hold off buying absolutely fabulous styles because Iโ€™m going to lose that weightโ€ฆ also can never decide whether to go with the Patsy or the Eddie lookโ€ฆ La Croix dahling La Croix๐Ÿ˜
    Better go and be camp mother and make sure my young guests donโ€™t leave anything behind. Theyโ€™re flying back to Wgtn today.
    Lovely to read all the 5:1 news
    Onward and downward

HI I am new to this forum. Am I allowed to post, or do I have to be on day 14? I recently jumped back on 5:2 after quickly gaining 10 lbs back. I would say I am officially on day 2.

Day 15, NFD, Aus

Good for you, @funshipfreddie! Painting โ€“ tick; blinds โ€“ tick; taps โ€“ chosen! Youโ€™ll be settling in in no time.

I had a shocking nightโ€™s sleep โ€“ whatever 88 means, it sure wasnโ€™t me! But at least yesterdayโ€™s FD went to plan.

I started my toilet squats again yesterday @jaimfaim, after your post. Thanks for the reminder! Little stepsโ€ฆ

Welcome @treeburge! Of course you’re allowed to post!! Day 14 (or 15 in my case) simply refers to the date – as this is an international group it just helps us know who is on what day/time zone.

Day 15, Germany, NFD

Maintenance is going well so I’m just going on as I do now.

@treeburge Welcome!

@at Without the help of you and @simcoeluv I would have stopped after the first month, I still so grateful for your help.

Day 15 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

@treeburge – welcome!

@jaifaim, @penz the ‘sleep score’ is on my Fitbit app, but I think most fitness apps have something similar now. It’s interesting. My app breaks down the different stages of sleep i.e. REM, deep, & light + awake time into percentages. And it gives the benchmarks for someone of your age & gender. The scores are – under 70 = poor, 70 & over = fair, 80 & over = good & 90 & over = excellent. I only got 79 last night, but my weekly average is 83.

@penz – there’s still tons to do yet. Still busy painting the bedrooms, no blinds yet in the bathrooms & kitchen. I’m waiting for those rooms to be fixed up. I’ve requested permission from the body corporate to reduce the size of a window so I can take out the bathtub & replace it with a shower. And I haven’t even booked a date yet to have my furniture moved from the storage unit to the house! So I’d best get a move on… ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Mid-way through Make March Mine! A Hump Day FD for me ๐Ÿซ

Pocket List – Day 15 ๐ŸŽ
    @funshipfreddie

Day 15 – Ireland – CD ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธโœ…

Hi all! ๐Ÿ‘‹

All ok hereโ€ฆ ticking along – trying to keep to good choices lunch out today with some pals and will go for something light as we have a bank holiday weekend coming up and routine sometimes gets left behind.

Welcome @treeburge – good decision to join us. Please track back to Day 1 of the posts to see the explanations @lilymartin provided regarding posting. They are not โ€œrulesโ€ but help us all follow the thread of the monthly challenge – which isnโ€™t really a challenge but fun and support. Each day should be preceded with the calendar day of the month rather than your personal journey date hope that makes sense.

Have to dash. Be well all!
    @maui hoping you manage to sort the care ๐Ÿ˜‰

Day 15 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

I am back from a wonderful relaxing holiday in sunny warm Malta and I have fallen in love with the country. We sooooo needed this break. It felt like the first proper sit back and relax holiday since 2019, although we were out and about sightseeing and boat trips every day. Just the tonic needed after some pretty hectic years.

We loved Makta so much, and did not get to see as much as we would have liked, so we are going to book another week for our anniversary next March too โ˜บ๏ธ

I see I have two full pages to catch up on so not a chance this morning as work (booooo) beckons, but I hope you all are well and I will catch up later. Xx

Day 15 UK NFD

Glad you enjoyed Malta @daffodil2010 – the Madame Blanc series was filmed there ( standing in for the South of France ) during the pandemic and I was taken with how lovely it looked , Iโ€™ll add it to my list

Happy ๐Ÿซ day all

Day 15 – USA/GA

Weigh-in: 218 lbs. Going to try for my first FD again since February today. Playing each day by ear.

USA. Day 15. FD

So far so good this week with OMAD!

Pocket List โ€“ Day 15 ๐ŸŽ
    @funshipfreddie
    @ccco OMAD

Have a great day!

Day 15 USA (Illinois) NFD

Here to say a quick hello and pat myself on the back for the 8th Year Anniversary from starting 5:2 back in 2015. I remember it as the “Ides of March” today. I am happy to be still at my maintenance goal. I think of you all often!

Onward and downward.

Day 15 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 2min plank โœ… – 149.6lbs

Normally, being gone to a conference is not good for weight control, but because only lunch on Monday was provided, I simply ate a lot, and then skipped supper, LOL, and that’s probably why I’m in such good shape. That, and I did my usual WF yesterday. This morning’s weight a full 1.5 pounds down from last Wednesday morning, so my motivation is strong and excited.

@lilymartin My condolences on the loss of your friend and your cousin–and then to plan the funeral on top of it? What a weight was on your shoulders! How are you coping now that the reality is starting to settle in? I still think about–and miss!–a couple our age who died within six months of each other, one from cancer and the second from West Nile virus. It’s tough to say goodbye, huh?

@penz and @funshipfreddie DS26 went to such a store a couple weeks ago and was so excited to buy a high-end range hood that he doesn’t need now but will use when he has saved up for and begins his kitchen renovation: there were about ten that were identical, all $210, and originally $2400! So, stick to what you have chosen, David, but at least look in case there’s some sort of amazing deal there that you adore!

@malee57 Oh dear, I hope you’re completely recovered now, and have a grand time with your sisters!

@maui My condolences on the loss of your dear friend…that hole in your life is an ache, I’m sure!

@treeburge Welcome! Many of us are on YEARS of 5:2, LOL, because this really is a WOL (way of life) that we plan to follow forever. Some are in maintenance and following 5:2 (or 6:1) so they don’t gain, and some (me!!) never have succeeded in getting to goal weight before gaining back and having to start the process again…but it’s still the very best way to lose weight I’ve ever tried! Tell us as much–or as little–as you’d like about yourself; it’s the friendships we form on this forum that makes it so successful in helping us follow through and achieve our goals!

@daffodil2010 DH and I are both feeling the lack of, and need for, a vacation, and just reading your description of Malta made me feel so good! So glad you had such a great time, and it’s clearly wonderful that you’re going back next March!

@northgeorgia I’ve noticed that you are firmly below the 220s, so you had some impressive restraint even while friends and family were bring loads of food to you all; well done! I’m sure “normal” is still a very long way off, but are you starting to feel a bit of routine again?

@songbirdme Wow, congratulations on 8 YEARS in maintenance! That is a very impressive milestone, and one I aspire to!

Okay, busy day, so I’d best get started. @michelinme Where are you???? I hope all is well, and your mom and DD are both fine as well!

Have a grand one, everyone.

Day 16 FD NZ

Yet another fast day in catch up modeโ€ฆ Fingers crossed Iโ€™ll get to below the March starting line and into the 80sโ€ฆ
    Welcome @treeburge If you can I stay connected with the forum and WOL youโ€™ll loose weight so hang in there!
    @songbirdme ๐Ÿ‘‹Fantastic to hear you are 8 years in maintenance.
    @maui So sorry to hear about your friend who was so very supportive to you.
    @stitchincarol You must be on top of the world!
    @daffodil2010 How lovely to have a beach holiday. Itโ€™s summer here – well autumn now – but you wouldnโ€™t know it. We have another weather event heading our way this time across the Tasman Seaโ€ฆ

Pocket List๐ŸŽˆ
    @funshipfreddie
    @michelinme
    @merryapple

Day 16, FD, Aus

Another bad night’s sleep. ’nuff said. Grumble.

@stitchincarol @merryapple — not 8 years at maintenance, but started 5:2 8 years ago today — took about 9 month to lose 40 pounds and get down to maintenance.

Thanks for the props!

Day 15 USA/HI NFD
    Quick post for accountability late today. Weigh in back to 158 lbs so I am pleased that I didnโ€™t jump back to the 160โ€™s. With all thatโ€™s going on I will be happy just to maintain at 158 for rest of the month. But must admit I do seem to hear 157 shouting out to meโ€ฆ weโ€™ll see about that.
    Evening caregiver arriving soon to get DH settled for the night so I will run along now. Thanks for all the support. Wising everyone the best with whatever your challenging life situations are right now and 5:2 goals.

Day 16 – Ireland – FD ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธโœ…

Hi all! ๐Ÿ‘‹

@daffodil2010 sounds like you had a fabulous holiday! But of course you did! Malta ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡น is a magical place but a funny one.., sometimes people arenโ€™t that impressed and I think it very much depends on where you go as the island is becoming quite built up particularly on the eastern coast and when you leave the airport. Itโ€™s a place very dear to my heart as I spent some time there when I was younger as we had family there and where I happily now holiday on my own when I get rte chance to recharge my batteries.. I love the people, the pace and all the history ๐Ÿฅฐ
    I must look up Madame Blanc @brightonbelle – where was that shown? ๐Ÿ“บ

@maui well done to you! Stay there Iโ€™m with you.
    Just aboutโ€ฆand @ccco โญ๏ธ

Hi @songbirdme! Hope you are well! Bravo ๐Ÿ‘

@stitchincarol Iโ€™m back plankingโ€ฆ thank you for the spur on to core strength and time outโ€ฆ๐Ÿ˜€

@penz – my sleep is thrown this week tooโ€ฆ but Iโ€™m back to bad habit with phone in room etc. Must get back to good sleep hygiene habits – it makes such a difference. ๐Ÿ’ค

So tired but just one more day (puts me in mind df a song.. ๐Ÿ˜€) and then itโ€™s the long weekend whoo hoo! โ˜˜๏ธ

Day 16 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

PFDS & still below 70 kgs.?! Seems like my body is happy at this weight. I’m not complaining ๐Ÿ™‚

@daffodil2010 – welcome back! Your Malta break sounds like bliss ๐Ÿ

@merryapple – where did you find that pocket list? ๐Ÿ˜… I’m not doing B2B; off to the Mugg & Bean later for a well-deserved brunch. Was wondering how you knew @michelinme was having a FD, but I guess you spotted it on the spreadsheet ๐Ÿค”

@penz – you’ve got this! Just think of Friday morning PFDS – just a few hours away. Sending you RESOLVE ๐Ÿ’ช

@stitchincarol – I’m so glad you’ve got your mojo back! Here’s to the 140’s ๐ŸŽฏ Good idea re second-hand kitchen appliances. I do love a bargain ๐Ÿคช

“Motivation gets you going, but discipline keeps you growing”. ~ John C Maxwell

Pocket List – Day 16๐ŸŽˆ
    @michelinme
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @penz
    @jaifaim

Day 16 country west Australia FD 84.5 kgs 185.9 lbs
    Still a way to go but feeling VERY m motivated as this is the first time in a LOOONG time I have stayed constantly below 85 kgs.
    Clothes are starting to fit better and the tractor tyre that the Fat Fairy glued around my waist is shrinking to a mere truck tyre!!๐Ÿ˜
    @songbirdme, CONGRATULATIONS !!!!! Well done on your 8th anniversary with 5:2.๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’
    If not for you, we would not be here.
    @treeburge a very big WELCOME. If you read the first post on Day 1 of ‘ Make March Mine’ it explains how the forum works, abbreviations etc.
    This WOL/E ( way of life/eating) is sustainable when followed! Posting helps us be accountable and we also share the ups and downs of the 5:2 life – and life in general.
    So , again, welcome!!๐Ÿ˜Š
    @ccco well done on the OMAD. ๐Ÿ‘ I must try it some time. Possibly when life is not quite so hectic and I can plan properly. Planning is key for me
    @stitchincarol – well done! Weight loss and at a conference too !! ๐Ÿ˜‡Good motivation to keep on keeping on. I must say a loss does tend to keep me motivated too.
    @northgeorgia, I hope the FD works for you but first and foremost be kind to yourself.๐Ÿค— We are thinking of you and your family at this time. A sudden death of a loved one changes life completely and leaves a big hole which can’t be filled…..
    @penz, oh no. I do hope you get some restful sleep soon. Research is now currently showing how important sleep is for so many things . ๐Ÿคž
    @daffodil2010, the Malta trip sounds magic. Lucky you to be able to plan another holiday there.๐Ÿ˜Š
    @jaifaim, it’s the ‘ticking along’ making good choices that brings success ! ๐Ÿ‘
    Word for the day – ‘ petrichor ‘- the smell of earth after the first rain.
    And after 12 weeks with no/very little rain, it has rained and you can really smell the petrichor.
    Onward and downward.๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks for popping me on the list @funshipfreddie!
    Functioning on low battery today ๐Ÿชซ๐Ÿ˜‚

Day 16 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Still in post holiday mode and as it’s the St Patrick’s bank holiday weekend I am not even going to pretend to have n FD. Pulling on the boots again on Monday.

@jaifaim, oh how wonderful to have visited Malta so many times. We were based in Melliha so far from the built up resorts, but as we had not hired a car we were relying on public transport which was frequent but very crowded. We took many tours but had to make our way to Sliema for the Gozo and Blue Lagoon one, which felt way out if our way ๐Ÿ˜† Loved loved loved Valletta, but next time we will stay there and make our trips from there. And definitely hire a car to visit the megalithic temples, Gozo, etc.

We were blown away by the world war 2 history, I am sorry to say that I did not realise how important and pivotal Malta was in the 2nd world war, and winning a medal for its bravery. Loved the War rooms and underground tunnels, I felt like I was in a film set in the Operations Room in Lascaris, and to think Eisenhower spent 5 nights and days there planning the invasion of Sicily. Loved Malta ๐Ÿ˜

Tentative stand in scales and have put on 2lbs, not bad considering we enjoyed the Maltese food and wines. But bank Holiday weekend ahead……

@northgeorgia, thank you for sharing your last time with your dear late father, it clutched at my heart, and I wish you and your family well during this time.

Have a good Thursday.

Day 16 – UK Cam – NFD
    Been AWOL for a few days – apologies. tummy bug vanquished! My volunteer garden day was blown off course on Monday so my FD was blown away too as I came home and opted to spring clean my sewing room – a very satisfying project that lasted 2 days and resulted in a re-arranged room, several large bags of rubbish, a box of yarn for the knitting club (squares for refugees) and at least 8 sewing projects organised & boxed ready! Downside was DH, who is feeling much better thanks to huge dose of medication inc. steroids, who took over the kitchen and kept bringing little ‘snacketts’ to keep me going (he was more worried I’d give up half way thru’ and leave the whole upstairs kneedeep in piles of fabric etc). He even suggested we spring clean his work study (he refurbishes toy soldiers) – did that yesterday. So lots of dust, bending,stretching and upper body work. On a positive note, the scales only show a little gain upto 137.4 so I am quite happy, just need to find that mojo and Make March Mine. Off out for celebration lunch with DH today – not sure what we are celebrating but what the heck, what girl turns down a lunch invite? May squeeze in an FD tomorrow if I can, need to get back on track.

Sorry to ramble on -I have had a quick scan of posts and everyone seems to be doing so well. I’ll spend more time reading posts and will catch up with you all tomorrow.

@stitchincarol – well done with getting down to the 140s – keep at it – you know you can do it now.

@lilymartin – Well done with the loss – love the tractor tyre to truck tyre image – even though I’ve lost weight I still have a ‘sand dune’ around my middle – I guess it’s a jeep tyre?

Keep motivated everyone – you are half-way through March – onwards and downwards!

Day 16, Germany, NFD

Just a short check in.

Day 16 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 214 lbs. Yesterday’s FD was a success. Today, I need to drop off my dad’s death certificate at the Social Security office, and I know a couple from my mom’s church are dropping off supper tonight while a roofer gives us an estimate on her house.

Thanks for all the support, thoughts, and prayers. There is still a long journey ahead of us. @stitchincarol Yes, the amazing thing is that I’ve stayed below 220 all month so far! I think during a period of grief, there is a loss of appetite because the stimulus for social eating or mindless snacking in front of the TV greatly decreases. I observed our behaviors in that aspect as a curiosity over the past two weeks, and I noticed a tendency towards TRE or OMAD.

Day 16 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD – 2min plank โœ… – 150.00

I’m startled by my lovely weight this morning; I felt like I ate out of control at the church dinner last night…no, I DID eat out of control, LOL. But, other than my little 1:30 meal, that was all I ate yesterday, so I suppose it was more in control for the day as a whole than it was for the evening, and I’m delighted I’m not up at 151 or 152, which is what I was expecting.

It’s raining right now, and is supposed to rain all day, turning to snow when the temps drop below freezing this afternoon; that’s a huge contrast to the sunny 68/20 degrees we had yesterday and is typical spring weather everywhere, right?

@merryapple I spent a solid ten months making the effort but undermining everything so badly on NFDs that I made no progress, and was even gaining about a half a pound a month–but now I’ve finally found a combination of self-imposed-rules and approaches that’s working, so I’m sure you’ll soon–or at least eventually, LOL–find what works for you! I’ll pass on the tip that’s been working effectively for me (and that I forgot to employ last night): when I’m tempted to eat more, instead of focusing on what my tongue and brain want, I think about my stomach and how it feels…and almost every time I do that, I realize I don’t actually want more, because I remember so clearly the discomfort from when I’ve eaten too much, and I’m happy to avoid that. Perhaps that will help you in your approach…or perhaps not, LOL!

@matpi Where are you?? and @michelinme Where are YOU?? I do hope everything is okay.

@penz Yeah, I’m joining you in being grumpy about my sleep last night: ’twas full of crazy dreams and just generally not impressive and now I have a headache…I’m hoping tonight is better. Was your Thursday night better??

@songbirdme Ahh, correction noted. Nonetheless, while not 8 years at maintenance, it is 8 years of doing what’s necessary to be at maintenance, and it’s very impressive, and my goal is to enjoy the same success you’re enjoying!

@maui I can entirely understand your ambivalence toward 158, and preference for 157–and I also am so impressed you haven’t jumped up to, say, 162. You are one impressive lady that you’ve sustained this WOL even in the midst of all the commotion with your DH. I believe you’re the one who, when you first joined us, commented “If not now, when?” and you’ve clearly held on to that attitude, huh? Well done!

@jaifaim Yay you for planking!

@funshipfreddie Just for the record, the range hood DS26 bought at such a bargain was actually brand new, just eight-years-old-brand-new, LOL.

@lilymartin Yay you for continuing on below 85kgs!!!! Those benchmarks are so hugely impactful on our motivation, aren’t they?

@gardenlily Well I certainly see what there is to celebrate: you and your DH got a LOT done!! Very impressive, and I hope your lunch was absolutely delightful!

@northgeorgia I’m delighted for you that, even in the midst of the heartache, you have the benefit of slowing sliding down the scale. I usually gain weight in the middle of heartache, so it’s not a guarantee that you would lose, but is an indication of the control you were showing! And look at today’s weight after your FD yesterday; we both are finally moving down! Whew!

Here in the States, we went back to Daylight Savings Time on Sunday, and I’m not adjusting well AT ALL. It’s never been this tough in past years, and I can’t figure out what’s different this year, but I’m impatient to feel adapted. Do you all in other countries do time changes? When is your switch?

Okay, time to get my day started. Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket List โ€“ Day 16๐ŸŽˆ
    @michelinme
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @stitchincarol WFD

USA. Day 16. FD

Penz, I know how you feel. Sleep seems to be hard to come by for me, too. I am trying to take one magnesium pill and two melatonin gummies before bed each night. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t but it’s worth a try! I saw in an article that after the age of 60, the level of melatonin our bodies make decreases. I have been doing better. The day always goes better when we are refreshed.

@michelinme
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @stitchincarol WFD
    @ccco

Today, I woke up to a 2lb. loss. It hasn’t even been a week and I lost that much. I have been eating no more than 500 calories per day, plus making sure I included vitamin and calcium pills. I am not even hungry! I can eat anything I want as long as I carefully measure my portions. This seems to be a system I can sustain. I am going to make Saturdays my weigh-in days. This is very encouraging and brings me hope!

I am always jealous when I read about all the wonderful holidays you all go on! I have seen Malta but haven’t spent anytime there. It looks wonderful. I can’t travel much anymore because I have such severe osteoarthritis. I need to travel with someone. I have a private club I belong to nearby, so I call that my staycation! I love it there and am glad I at least have that ….any my grandchildren! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome, @treeburge! Glad to have you! I have been here since 2018 and it is a nice group of encouraging people from all over!

@songbirdme, 8 years of maintenance is quite an achievement! I have been there but, as you can see, I am back and definitely didn’t make it to 8 years!

Thank you, @lilymartin! Planning is everything!

Congratulations on your loss, @stitchincarol!

Have a great day, everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 16 – UK – FD800
    Day 15 – TDEE

Keeping busy……

Yoga yesterday morning and our 80y.o. yogi enjoyed the surprise coffee, scones, flowers and cards after class ๐Ÿ™ and then I had an afternoon of volunteering before returning home to bake flapjacks, scones for OH to scoff after his runs – dinner was filo parcels of salmon and minted peas served with oven roasted balsamic tomatoes ๐Ÿ˜‹
    This morning an aerobics class, then visited with a friend who has just returned home after some minor surgery – pilates class this evening to help keep the focus on another FD800

@treeburge – welcome on board – lots of support available and as you may have noticed we are an eclectic bunch who love to chat and share…..
    @snowflake56 – ๐Ÿค— Together we are definitely stronger!
    @funshipfreddie – the new house will keep you busy for while yet but also will give great satisfaction to see it coming together
    @daffodil2010 – welcome back – glad to hear that your holiday in Malta revived you both
    @brightonbelle – I didn’t realise that the Madame Blanc series had been filmed there!!
    @songbirdme – ๐Ÿ‘ for maintenance – where would we be without this WOL……
    @stitchincarol and @jaifaim – thought of you in my yoga classes this week – we did a series of downward dog – plank – rt side plank – plank – downward dog – plank – lt side plank – plank and repeat by 4 – certainly glowed after that little series ๐Ÿฅต
    @lilymartin – stay motivated and keep that mojo strong x
    @gardenlily – good to hear that you have recovered from that tummy bug
    @northgeorgia – ๐Ÿค— positive thoughts of support coming your way

Adding myself to that pocket list for motivation and support but something has clicked with me this month, perhaps it’s the tittle “Make March Mine” or is it because I’m alcohol free for Lent – whatever the reason I’m happy to be in control and seeing the effect in how my clothes are fitting me – will weigh in on Saturday to see how kind Cruella is feeling this week๐Ÿคฃ

@michelinme
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @stitchincarol WFD
    @ccco
    @at FD800

โ€œIf I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am nowโ€

Day 16 UK FD

Late check in , dentist saga trundling on but now have a referral to the Maxillofacial unit

@jaifaim – itโ€™s a bit of a fluffy program -Sally Lindsay is a crime solving antique dealer it was on channel5 , not sure if you get U.K. channels?

@michelinme
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @stitchincarol WFD
    @ccco
    @at FD800
    @brightonbelle

Day 17, NFD, Aus

Thank goodness itโ€™s Fri-yay!

Thanks for sending me resolve @funshipfreddie but it arrived way too late. OH โ€œfoundโ€ a delicious block of sour cherry and coconut dark chocolate and I confess we ate the lot. I dread to think how many calories were in it, but OMG, I really did enjoy every morsel. It is what it is.

What an effort, @gardenlily. But oh so satisfying!

Thanks for the thoughts @ccco. Unfortunately for me I have no trouble falling asleep (so melatonin tablets โ€“ which I do have!! โ€“ are timed wrong for me. My problem is waking at around 2am and not being able to get back to sleep properly.

Iโ€™m so glad you enjoyed Malta, @daffodil2010 โ€“ Iโ€™ve been only once but itโ€™s one of my favourite places.

Your yoga classes sound too much like hard work, @at! You must have amazing core strength.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 17, Germany, FD800

Happy St. Patrick’s day to @jaifaim and @daffodil2010!

Not my best day yesterday so today I’m back to FD800.

@stitchincarol Well done!

@daffodil2010 Welcome back from Malta! My DH’s niece lives there but we’re just not getting there. Her planned wedding party a few years ago was cancelled because of Covid, instead they bought a beautiful 500 y.o. house. A very good decision, we think.

@brightonbelle I hope there will be an end to this saga soon.

@penz We had the same problem here yesterday. We bought chocolate and after a few hours in the house I ate 100 gr. I didn’t eat any sweets for 7 weeks and found it overly sweet but ate it anyway. I don’t think I’ll ever learn.

Pocket list day 17
    @snowflake56 FD800

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 350 total)

You must be logged in to reply.