maintaining your metabolic rate

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
maintaining your metabolic rate

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jetsman21 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• My Wife and I started 5:2 earlier this month and have both lost some weight.
    However, we seem to have become hyper-aware of what we are eating and quite simply aren’t interested in eating the way we used to be. Even on ‘normal’ days.

What is strange is that we both feel like we are losing as much, if not more, weight on ‘normal’ days as we do on ‘restricted’ days even though we stick to our calorie allowance on ‘restricted’ days and eat more on ‘normal’ days,

So maybe we’re not eating enough on ‘normal’ days?

Is it possible that we Have accidentally slowed down our metabolic rate?

Hi, congrats on getting started. I think your metabolic rate is just fine! One of the major perks of this plan is that it helps you to understand your hunger pangs and recognize fullness. The fact that you are eating less on non-fast days is a great thing- it means the plan is working!

I wouldn’t worry about your metabolic rate slowing down. As you lose weight your body needs less calories than it did previously to support the new lower weight you are carrying. The fact that you are continuing to lose is a good sign. Also- there is a persistent myth out there known as “starvation mode”- which leads people to believe that as they eat less their metabolism slows down. That entire theory is a myth- go ahead and do some research to see what I mean. The bottom line is that if you are taking in less calories then you are expending- you will lose weight!

The only real concern I have (and I also deal with this) is being able to not turn the plan into an eating disorder by disalowing yourself to have things you like because of a feeling of guilt. If you want to have something on a non fast day like pizza, cake or chocolate then go ahead- just don’t overdo it. Even on non-fast days I’ll still eat what I like- I’ll just try to have a smaller serving and practice moderation. Hope this works for you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.