Low Calorie Turkey Fajitas!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
Low Calorie Turkey Fajitas!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  soso 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi all,

I had these tonight for my fast day dinner & thought I would share the recipe for anyone who enjoys Mexican food! I made extras for my lunch tomorrow as it’s a good mixture of protein, healthy fat & lots of nutrition from the veggies. You can find pics of the dish on my blog here:
    https://thefastingdoctor.wordpress.com/2014/08/20/fast-day-low-calorie-turkey-fajitas-recipe/

Ingredients (serves 1 – I doubled up as a lot of the ingredients are ‘halves’ so I just saved the remainder for tomorrow’s lunch!)

-1/2 avocado: 150 cals
    -150g turkey, diced: 165 cals
    -1/2 red onion, diced: 25 cals
    -Juice of 1/2 lime: 10 cals
    -7 plum/cherry tomatoes, halved/quartered: 16 cals
    -1 whole red pepper, sliced: 37 cals
    -1 garlic clove, finely chopped: 4 cals
    -Cos leaves, washed, drained & patted dry: 25 cals
    -Chilli flakes
    -Pinch of salt
    -1 tbs fajita mix (I use Discovery): 25 cals or a 1 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp each of garlic salt, cumin, cayenne pepper, regular pepper

Total calories: 457

-For the Guacamole:

Mash the guacamole with a tbs of the red onion, garlic clove & lime juice.

-For the Salsa:

Mix the cherry tomatoes with the chilli flakes (to taste) & the pinch of sale.

-For the Turkey:

‘Water’ fry the red onion for a few minutes.

Coat the turkey with your spice mix & add to the onions (top up with water as needed so that it is continuously ‘water’ frying & not getting dry/burnt) for 3 minutes.

Add the peppers & continue to fry all the ingredients for 2 minutes.

And that’s it!

Load up your cos leaf, roll, eat & repeat! I used 5 large cos leaves in total to use up my mixtures.

Thanks for the share lucy,
    Turkey is a great weight-loss food in my opinion and one that has never received the attention it deserves. Then and again I check out the nutritional content of food items in the store and every time I am amazed to see how little calories turkey has and with a decent protein content. Great food!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.