Loving this Diet!!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  EmmaLouise289120 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi, I’m Emma. I’m 31 and I’ve been doing the fast diet for 4 weeks now and think it’s fabulous. I’ve not really properly dieted before and the only time I lost any weight was in the weeks before I got married. I weighed about 11st when I started and my BMI was at the high end of the scale for my age/height. I wanted to lose some weight which I’ve gained since getting wed plus I can no longer get into a lot of my summer clothes and don’t really want to fork out money for a whole new wardrobe!

I started by reading the book which I have to say gave me a lot of inspiration and determination to do the diet – I liked learning about all the science behind it and what’s really going on in my body while I’m dieting. I fast 2 days a week, on a Monday and a Thursday, with the exception of switching to Tuesdays on the odd occasion to suit my social schedule :). I also like the doing it on days when I’m at work so I’m kept busy and away from the fridge!

I stick to the 500 calories as instructed. I have my dinner between about 7 – 8pm the night before fast day and then don’t have anything until about 12.30 the following day when I’ll simply have a rice cake (38 cal) and a yoghurt (48 cal). I drink a lot of water throughout the day as it’s amazing how dehydrated you can get when not eating. Then I’ll have my dinner late evening (it usually takes me a while to prepare as I have to work out all the calories and weigh my food!). I usually have a piece of chicken breast or fish which I’ll season with a touch of spice, and then either some salad or veggies. I’ve even managed to fit in some wedges on the side and a mini ice cream for afters on some days and still able to stick to the 500 cals.

So far, in 4 weeks, I’ve lost 7lb which was my original goal and I am chuffed to bits with this achievement. I’ve generally dropped 1-2lb’s per week and also lost 2 inches off my waist/bust line 🙂 My next goal is 10st exactly so hopefully I’ll achieve that in the next 4 weeks but I do literally take each day as it comes and am expecting to see a week or two where the scales won’t budge at all. I’ve found it relatively easy to manage but want to try and find some more ideas for meals which don’t take too much prep time. So far, loving the 5:2 diet 🙂 🙂 🙂

Emma/Louise

I make pumpkin soup with 250g pumpkin,1 teaspoon of garlic and .5 onion.cook for 20 minutes with 4 cups of boiling water and whiz.
    Similarly I cook 6 carrots, 1 teaspoon of ginger and 4 cups of boiling water and whiz.

We normally have salmon(or white fish fillets of bream, orange roughy or silver dory)with ginger/soy marinade and baked carrot and pumpkin with broccoli for dinner on fast days

Hi, those recipes sound delicious I will have to try them out. Yum!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.