Lots of different ways of doing 5:2 – to clarify…

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lots of different ways of doing 5:2 – to clarify…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  LobsterB 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hello Everyone

I posted last week about coming off a very low calorie diet as its served the purpose of losing half my baby weight very quickly. I now want to lose the rest slowly and the 5:2 is an enjoyable way of life. I know I will gain my glycogen back but then hopefully slowly but surely the scales will head down again.

There seems many opinions and suggestions about how to tackle it. To count or not count calories on feed days. How many calories to eat on feed days below TDEE but above BMR etc etc

Here’s my plan as I would like to live 5:2 (occasional 4:3 after a heavy weekend perhaps) without the restrictions of a ‘diet’.

Count calories on fast days
    Eat real food on feed days (mostly keeping away from processed & refined) with a bit of what I fancy – no counting
    Incorporate Fast Exercise into my normal activity – walking my 7 stone ridgeback, swimming and carrying around my 20lb 4.5 month old bouncing boy.

Am I looking at it too simplistically? Should I be more structured about my approach?

I have around another 20lb to lose.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Nope – sounds about right to me. Give it a few weeks & see how that goes.

If you then feel that you may need to start paying closer attention to the calorie counts on non-fastdays (that should only really apply as you get close to your ideal weight, as it doesn’t sound like you have a bad ‘normal’ diet anyway) then just be sure to remain comfortably above your BMR but definitely a bit under your TDEE and recalculate those numbers whenever you have had a significant weight loss (say 10lb). The calorie counting(if you decide to do it) doesn’t have to be exact, rough is fine.

Thankyou.

I guess I see how it goes but I’m not planning on weighing in for a month. I can always adjust and tweak as I go.

🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.