Lost 36lbs :)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  pidgeroo 9 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Ive been reading this forum for a while, thought I’d finally post about my loss.

I just wanted to say how much I have loved this new “way of eating!” I’ve been overweight since I was a child, and pretty obese for the past few years. I’ve never really been able to get control of it before, but have done really, really well on the 5:2. I started in October and have now lost 36lbs.

I don’t find the fast days anywhere near as hard as I thought I would, and it’s easier to make healthier choices on non-fast days because I don’t want to spoil my efforts from the day before! I generally eat well on non-fast days, but have made simple changes like reducing my snacking and stopped putting sugar in my tea.

Only 3lbs away from having a healthy BMI now, so grateful to Michael Mosley for bringing this diet to our attention!

hi mrchris

thanks for sharing your story, very inspiring and a big well done to you!!

you will reach your goal in no time am sure, great stuff!!

happy fasting 🙂

Well Done MrChris

So inspiring. I hope to start on Monday, so just checking out all the posts today to see how well people have been doing.

Good luck with your last few pounds and maintenance programme.

That’s fab. Well done! I hope I do the same. I’m at the start of mine. 2lbs off after first fast day so hope it just keeps coming off now.

Thanks guys. 🙂

Good luck to those of you who are just getting going, let us know how you do.

Hi Mrchris,
    well done, thats an amazing weight loss. I did do the diet last year and over 2 weeks i lost 6lbs, but then the 3rd week i lost nothing, so i stopped.

Now being the new year I’m starting again, I want to shift a few stone if not more, so think i should stick at it for longer really.

I started yesterday, (fast day- just had a few grape throughout the day and plenty of water and soup for dinner. Today my tummy feels flatter already.

Today, i haven’t really felt hungry, so just had a banana and a few small plane crackers. Tonight ill have chicken and veg. Think ill do my fast days on a monday and wednesday with a weight test on a tuesday morning.

Really hope i can get rid of the weight.

That’s cool that you’re starting again, I love soup! I always have the “fresh” ones from Sainsburys on fast days.

Great success story mrchris! What a fantastic weight loss! How much more to go until you reach your goal? Keep us posted you are a real encouragement!
    Stef.

Thanks, Stef. My initial goal was just to reach a healthy BMI, which is now just 3lbs away. I think I could probably do with losing more though, I’m just going to keep going until I feel I’m at the right weight for me, without setting a new goal in lbs.

I’ve now lost 39.6lbs and as of this morning, have reached a healthy BMI! It’s true that I’m on the very upper limit of the normal range at 24.9, but it feels great to be there for the first time in my adult life!

Although, we’re having a Chinese for my sister’s birthday tonight, so I’m sure I will be in the overweight range again tomorrow!

That´s great, mrchris! Very inspirational for those of us who have just started. I´m sure you keep it up and enjoy your Chinese!

I have now finished my first two days fasting, and like almost everybody on these forums I found them fairly easy. I skip breakfast and then have a little lunch with colleagues. For dinner I have sauteed spinach and 100 g fried salmon with a few cherry tomatoes. For my feed days I basically do not think about calories at all. I eat and drink whatever comes my way. That does not mean I overeat (at least not too often :-). It is still a very good idea to stick to one portion of dinner, and to wait a few minutes before you help yourself for seconds. Counting calories for fast days has also helped me to be more conscious of calory content. I mean: 100 cals for ONE TABLE SPOON OF OLIVE OIL!!! That little piece of knowledge has certainly helped my think about what I put in my mouth – also on feed days.

First week is over – and I weighted myself this morning. When I saw that I was down 2 kgs (4 lbs) I was a bit shocked. I do not expect this to continue – but even half of that is fantastic.

I am 186 cm and started out at 105,5 kgs – 16 st 8 lbs. The long term goal is 14 st 2 lbs. I will be very happy even if I succeed with half of that.

I am extremely positive to this diet plan – which is a long term strategy for me, as for so many others. I am also very happy with these forums, and all the positive attitudes here. The only challenge I see is not whether we will be able to pull it trough to our individual goals – I am convinced we will. My concern is whether we manage to keep it off – long term.

Thank you mechris for sharing your success with us, and show that long term weight loss really is possible. Keep it up, and toast yourself with a beer or glass of wine at your sister´s party – I think you have deserved it. And good luck to all you other guys and gals – have a nice weekend!

Kalle

Kalle

Hey Kalle. Thanks for your kind words!

That’s great that you’ve enjoyed your first week and that you’ve lost 4lbs. Keep up the good work! I also found that the experience of counting calories on fast days helped me to make better choices on non-fast days. I’ve always used sprays instead of oils, but I didn’t know that about olive oil! That’s crazy!

Hi Mr. Chris,
    It’s been a year and a bit since you posted your amazing results. I’m just wondering how you’re doing now? Are you still fasting? Still experiencing success?

It would be great to hear how you’ve got on.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply.