lost 1.8 lbs. in my 3rd week!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
lost 1.8 lbs. in my 3rd week!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  franfit 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• That’s 4.8 lbs. total in 3 weeks, from 157 to 152.2. I am thrilled because I’ve never had this kind of success with weight loss before.

That’s great news 🙂

Thank you, aniann. Unfortunately my chronic fatigue syndrome seems to be unhappy about the daily walking program I started at the same time I started 5:2. I am *sooooooooooo* tired even though I’ve cut back on the amount of walking and am now not trying to get to 10,000 steps a day yet. I also don’t sleep well the night at the end of my fast day. I don’t think I’m getting all my TDEE calories on feed days because I’ve lost my taste for my former “treats” and I’m too tired to make a good lunch or to get up and get something to eat if I’m hungry during the afternoon (I work part-time and need to spend part of the afternoon lying down, reading or taking a nap). Then the hunger is gone by the time I get up or I think it’s too close to dinnertime to eat a snack. I think I should find a way to correct that, make sure I get enough to eat on feed days, then I might feel better, who cares if the weight loss is more gradual, that would be fine.

Tiredness to the point of fatigue on a regular basis must be horrendous. I have noticed that following a fast day I feel much more tired. I don’t think it’s the fast day causing it, I think that I have to be careful not to overdo it or my digestive system will go into overdrive and that will sap energy. I could be wrong but I think it is the reason. Would it help to have some easy food around. Yogurts, cottage cheese, that type of thing. At least you can grab those. Slow weight loss is the best way to go, there is less risk of important muscle loss. 4.8lbs is two bags of sugar. Doesn’t sound much but when you hold the equivalent it’s a lot. 🙂

LOL, I love the image of two bags of sugar. To me it is a lot; these pounds of mine are stubborn. I do have easy food, believe it or not I feel too tired to walk into the next room and get it! It’s just easier to wait for the hunger to go away. Anyway I can only eat so much yogurt and ricotta cheese, they are my breakfast staples. Half a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat is pretty easy, too; so is popping last night’s leftovers into the microwave. It is incredibly annoying to be so tired. The problem is that it’s mental as well as physical exhaustion, so once it kicks in I can’t think straight, can’t remember stuff, can’t figure stuff out or be patient with anyone until I lie down and get my rest. That’s just the way it is. Even sitting up is too tiring. I hope you get your energy back on your first post-fast days. Energy is a wonderful thing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.