Losing weight but gaining inches?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Losing weight but gaining inches?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  HappyNow 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I’ve been following 5:2 religiously since 02/01/18 and had some really good results!

I’ve lost 10.5lbs so far and feel and (I think) look slimmer!

I weigh every Saturday morning but decided to only measure myself every 4 weeks so I would see a worthwhile result.

However….despite losing weight I was rather disappointed to find that I’d put on an inch on my arms, waist, hips and thighs!

I don’t think the weight I’ve lost is purely water weight as I’m drinking between 3 and 4 litres of water a day so I’m at a bit of a loss.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Emma

Well done on the weight loss.

But why are you drinking so much water? Have you always drunk so much, or did you start when you began fasting? Perhaps you are retaining water and that is why your measurements are up?

I read an article where a woman drank 3 litres of water a day and reported really good results, not just with weight loss but with things like a better complexion and better sleeping pattern so thought I’d give it a try and it’s since become a habit.

Can’t say I’ve personally reaped any benefits that I can see from drinking so much water but it’s now part of my routine!

Hi, emma385! I read your post and am a little surprised. The water should be alright. Do you exercise? I’ve told that heavy exercise can cause muscles to grow giving you the feeling you put too much weight on, when you actually only replaced fat with muscle, which is a good thing. Otherwise, I can’t imagine what could be happening! Good luck! 🙂

Emma,

I can’t think of another explanation except water retention. And drinking up to 4 litres a day means there’s potentially a lot of fluid you could retain! Perhaps you should start monitoring urine output… 😀

I wouldn’t worry about it anyway, carry on and perhaps measure yourself a bit more frequently. Or not.

I weigh myself daily, so I know that my weight fluctuates during the week. I didn’t measure my progress (by measuring my girth) as I know it’s difficult (for me at least) to measure the exact same spot on my arm/ leg etc and tighten the tape to the exact same degree, so I find measuring unreliable. However, I know that my measurements will also vary with my weight.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.