Lose weight together

This topic contains 20 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  KrysK 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

• Hey guys! New to this diet but I’m going to give it my best shot.. I did lose 3 stone at the end of last year/beginning of this year, got down to a healthy 11st6 comfortable size 14 but now I’ve put weight on and I’m 13st and can feel my clothes getting tight but I can’t seem to shift the weight. Wondering if anyone wants to do it with me? Could do with encouragement, I’m 22 and work nights in a care home x

Hi MissInCharge! I would like to do the challenge with you πŸ˜€

I’m 25 years old. I have never done the diet either but several friends recommend it… I’d like to make it a lifestyle choice rather than a fad as I always put on weight after finishing one of those quick fixes. I’m not familiar with st measurements so I’ll be using kgs to track my weight loss. Encouragement welcome!

When are you starting??

Hey mila25! i started today, I’m at work right now and I’m trying my best to make this my first fast day of 500 cal, it gets tough at work because it’s quieter on nights and can be boring at times. I want it as a life style choice too, It’s my sisters 18th in October so I would like to lose a bit before that but I’m not setting any goals in stone because I tend to never reach them, i just like to see the scales go down and my clothes get slack! I weigh 82.5kg.. I got a converter app on my phone to help me with measurements. When are you starting?

Hello you two πŸ™‚

I did a half-hearted attempt at the 5:2 a little while ago and did lose a few kilos but didn’t stick with it. This time I aim to.
    I am 49 and weigh 82.8 kilo’s – have been fluctuating between 83 and 82.5 for about 4 weeks now – very frustrating. I have lost a couple of cm’s of the bust and hips and 4cm from the waist so something is working.
    Having read a few threads though, this is not unusual, and everyone has suggested to just stick with it, the weight will come off eventually.
    I suspect you two are a little younger than me (OK then, A LOT) and I am also menopausal so I am not expecting the same results, but it would be nice to share the journey. MissinCharge, we are at the same weight πŸ™‚
    I hail from Down Under (New South Wales, a couple of hours north of Sydney on the coast). Time for me to go home now…yippee
    Check you later

Hi krisk, how much do you want to lose? I got to such a comfortable size by just eating better so I want to get back to that. I did my first fast day last night because I was working and I stuck to it, today is a normal day but I’m going to try stick to 1500 calories so fingers crossed. I’m unsure what kind of foods to eat.. I’m a very fussy eater! I’m from the Lake District in England:-). Just finished work so best get some kip ready for the 3rd night shift! P.s when are your fasting days?

Hi again MIC…I want to lose 15kg’s which will put me back to 68kgs and into my size 10 jeans again. I lost around 24kgs about 5 years ago doing WW..then put 15kgs back on πŸ™ This suits me better as I hate counting calories all of the time (or points if doing WW). My FD’s are Mon and Tues. I’d rather get them over and done with. My TDEE is 2013 but I too am aiming to do 1500cals per day on the non fast days. My next aim is to get back into morning and afternoon intermittent walking. That is a great way to burn fat, and I know as I was doing that regularly when I lost the 24kg’s. We are in the last throws of winter over here in OZ, and spring is in the air. The days are getting warmer and longer (more daylight) so I will feel more motivated to get out and MOVE.
    Working nights would be hard when eating normally…dunno about when fasting. Do you get to have a kip at all? Do you get some days off when switching shifts?
    I will check out the Lakes District online. My niece is living over in the UK, near Wimbledon, at present. Not sure for how long as her hubby may be posted in Asia. She is due to have their 2nd child any minute now.
    Have a good shift πŸ™‚
    Ciao

Would love a Fasting Buddy!
    40 year old mum of 2 young children (ages 6 & 2). This is my 1st time trying the fast-diet so feeling motivated! Managed to reach my happy weight whilst on Maternity leave with my son (benefit of breast feeding!) but since returning to work last September the weight has just crept back on. I have tried other well known weight loss programmes without success. I have 16kg to loose. So using myfitnesspal (annietastic23) and fitbit (https://www.fitbit.com/user/3J7B8H) to log everything have been pretty good the last few days. If anyone uses myfitness pal or fitbit I have put my ID’s so please add me– more motivation! Today is my 1st fast day and so far feeling good! Good Luck to All! xxx

I’m on my fitness pal too as glens_life if any one wants to friend me.

Hi!

I started 5:2 on 12th August and weighed 143lbs (64.8kgs I think?!) and today (19th August) I weigh 136lbs (61.6kgs) so I’m feeling really happy!! I would love some motivational buddies on here to keep me on track though!!

I also have MyFitnessPal: gemmeh

Good luck everyone! Gemma xx

Hi all! I have my fitness pal too but I don’t really know how to use it haha I just put in the Cals. What’s everybody’s fast days? Mine are Tuesday and Thursday, feel good with one out of the way. I’ve tried WW. Slimming world and all the Others but when I go out every other weekend it throws me right off so with this one I can at least have a drink and not feel too bad about it because it’s a “normal day”. Does anybody drink fruit infused water? I’ve started drinking that.. It’s supposed to have good Benefits!

Great have added you Gemma & Glen! Hopefully keep each other on track xx Anne ?

Yup – been gulping fruit infused water all day today! Peeing loads and running upstairs at work to get to the loo has been my exercise!!! Got my bottle from groupon and had lime today! Xx

Il have a play around with it tonight and see if I can add you guys! I’ve brought lemon and cucumber in one bottle and apple and cinnamon in another… It’s my new best friend at the minute. I just refill the bottles through the night at work, had 7 last night lol so was on the loo constantly. How’s everyone found their normal day? I’ve had 700 calls today

I’ve been fasting on Sunday and Wednesday just weighted in before before taking lunch here at work and ive lost 3 pounds 1.3 kg I believe

Way to go Ceedub:-)! Is that in a week? Good result! I’m on my second fast day today, I tend to eat the same food on fast days, I’ve got fruit water at the ready, I must say I feel less bloated after all this infused water. Keep up the good work

Yea since last Wednesday congrats on fast no#2

Hi girls. Welcome annietastic and ceedub and gemma πŸ™‚
    I am on myfitnesspal too. How do you add people, and what can you do once they are added?
    I have stuck to under 1500cals the last two and a half days (today hasn’t ended yet). My challenge this weekend is to stay off the booze. I tend to have at least 1 bottle of wine over Frid-Sund, which is still fairly contained I would have thought, but am going to give it a miss and see if that makes a diff on the scales on my WI in day on Wed next week. An hour walk and spring cleaning is also on the agenda over this weekend. It is going to be 25-27degC tomorrow here …can you believe that? We are still in winter!
    I am going to try 4:3 next week as I want to see a loss on the scales!
    Have a great weekend all…

Hi guys!! I’m not sure how to add ppl on my fitness pal, I’ve managed to stick to 500 calls on my two fast days and 1200 cals on my normal days, very strange today as I only had 750 calls but I can’t possibly eat anything else. Definitely feel less bloated but I think it’s all the water.. I’ve been having 8 cups of fruit water a night. I’m trying to stay off the beer too,, it’s my sisters birthday next week on super Sunday so I’m going to have a few for that but I’m happy the bloated belly is going down! Looking forward to weigh in. When is everybody’s weigh in day?

my weigh in day (WI day) is on Wednesday. So far so good with no alcohol πŸ™‚

Hi everybody! My first week is over and today was my weigh in day and I lost 6lbs (2.721 kg) so happy with the result! Today is a new day of a new week, let’s keep it up!

well done MissInCharge!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply.