lose 6.5kgs (14lbs, 1 stone) before Christmas

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
lose 6.5kgs (14lbs, 1 stone) before Christmas

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  pegb 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

• I am in need of motivation today. and I need to set myself a goal. 4 weeks in and doing well weight-wise, although a bit down on morale generally so had a massive choc-fest yesterday which of course didn’t actually help beyond the immediate hit !

my plan is to lose a stone by Christmas. that’s 12 weeks & 14lbs. I don’t think that is too unreasonable…. and I would be so thrilled. am going to see friends at New Year who I wont have seen for 6 months, so am hoping to surprise them !

so weighing in at 93.5kgs today, aim is 87kgs…. (after which I will have another 7kgs to lose, but have to make smaller milestones otherwise I give up!)

Great idea to set yourself an achievable target. I’m going to copy you! If I can lose a stone by Xmas I will be delighted too!
    Good luck & let us know how you get on.

Hi!
    try the 1 week diet plan , it’s an easy & efficient diet plan , do check out this website to learn more about it , there are also many interesting informations and advices about diet plans and weight loss : http://www.bestjuicedietrecipes.com/
    Good luck !!

Hello all,

I am just about to start 5:2. First fast day saturday, am a bit nervous. Shifting 14lbs before Christmas would be the best gift I could get this year (besides a great bloke, big bag of cash etc etc lol)

Good luck!

I hope we all succeed!
    x

@pegb
    “(besides a great bloke,”

What’s that?

I’m aiming to be 9 pounds lighter by my husband’s Christmas party…which is in 9 weeks. That actually puts me 2 pounds from my goal weight. {{oh my!!}} I’m already envisioning the new dress I’ll reward myself with. 😉

Yeah, I set myself a Christmas target too. Mainly because I see all my sisters then, and it is a long time since I was the skinny one. You never stop competing with your sisters even when you are a bunch of grey-haired old crones. I’m planning to breeze in at around 68kg. I started at 83kg back in about May. Slow, steady, achievable.

The main thing about targets is this: if you miss, the right thing to do is reload and fire again. Don’t stop firing until you hit the bugger.

@rockyromero I think @pegb wants a great bloke for Christmas as well as weight loss lol

@memstarina
    “for Christmas as well as weight loss”

I’ve never thought of Christmas as a target day for being slim.

Must be all the pictures taken at that time & the opportunity to eat?

@memstarina
    You are right, i would like a great bloke for christmas as well as weight loss! Am i being greedy? Lol!

@rockyromero
    I have not used christmas as a target before, but generally I only think of losing weight after the christmas and new year splurge! So this year am having a preemptive strike, so i need not worry in the new year!

Have had my first fast day, and was surprised how manageable i found it! Bring on Tuesday and fast number 2! 🙂

@pegb
    “i would like a great bloke for christmas as well as weight loss! ”

Now that you know what you want, see how far you get in October?

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/feed-fast-hiit-october-2013/

I’m starting the 5:2 tomorrow. I want to lose 2 stone by Christmas. I feel so determined. I used the calculator and my tdee was 1645……is this how many calories I should have for 5 days and then 500 calories on my fasting days??????

Yes.

You may need to set your sights lower though. There is an average weight loss of 1 lb a week for many people, which will depend on how overweight you are and how much exercise you take.

If you lose 10 lb between now and Christmas, that will make a huge difference. Just be aware that inches lost will make you look different all over. Measure bust/chest, waist, hips,thighs and upper arms before you start. Then weigh and measure yourself no more than once a week.

so weighing in today – 92.6kg. which is just under 1kg or nearly 2lbs down. not quite as much as I would have hoped, but exactly 2 months to go til Christmas…. so I live in hope of shedding another 12lbs before then.

good luck s28hicks, I would agree with annette that 2 stone in 8 weeks is quite optimistic. I have lost 12 lbs in 8 weeks, and I am thrilled with that. I have also lost 3 inches off my waist and 2 inches off my hips and yesterday i took my jeans off without unbuttoning or unzipping them !!! that is real satisfaction !

Happy New Year!

Now that Chistmas has beem and gone I thought i would let you know of my progress.

Did not manage to meet the target. Have not had an amazing loss, but have has a loss none the less and am going with slow and steady wins the race.

Up till 17th December I lost a grand total of 2.4Kgs. Then fell off the fasting wagon, last check on Monday had put 1.2 Kg back on oops!.

Am back on it now and am at the end of fast 2 of the week, and aiming to have a 4:3 programme for January.

Hope you have been more successful than me!

Have to say I really enjoy 5:2 and am generally eating better and feeling good!

Peg x

Well done Peg – how about the bloke?

@lindyw that also is still a work in progress!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply.