Lose 25 Pounds in 23 Weeks

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 25 Pounds in 23 Weeks

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hey,

I’m a 5″11 male, 207 pounds (about 28 bmi) and wanting to lose 25 pounds by the end of June, about 23 weeks. Should I do the 5:2 diet or the 4:3? And should I also do exercise or just the diet alone?

Thanks

Hi lynxaxe. Re your question. I am a 66 yr old grumpy old man. I had a fast day yesterday and exercised in the gym with no adverse effects. In his (updated, The Fast Diet) book Michael re-iterates the benefits of exercise while on this diet including on on your fast days. If you notice on the right side of the post page there will be a notice for a “Fast Exercise app”. He also supports the benefits of H.I.T training and has also researched training on the diet. His “Fast Exercise” book will help. Click on the F.A.Q. link at the top of the page, there has been a lot of good posts on this. As to 5:2 or 4:3 try both, I have and both are achievable. Remember though, we are all different, what works for me may not work for you.
    Good Luck.

Hi Lynaxaxe,

I would start on the 5.2 for a month and get used to it and then move over if you feel you can cope with 4.3. We ( my hubby and me ) tried 4.3 and found it hard to keep to, but the 5.2 after a couple of weeks Is easy.
    We lost 29 lbs in 4 months.

As for excerise I think it’s a must as it works well together, we do 2 swimming sessions a week at 40 mins, and try to get some walking in, gentle walking.

We have been off FD for 10 months and some of the weights come back, hubby needed double knee surgery last year. We are back onboard again, last week was our first week, hubby lost 6 lbs and I did 2 lbs, it really works if you keep at it. Monday to Thursday we keep very positive eat very carefully 1200 calories ish. Friday to Sunday we have a beer or two, a cake or two, a few treats, it works well. Monday comes and you crack on again.

Remember to measure yourself every month, Hubby only measured only his belly, he lost 8″ in 4 months,

Good Luck

If you look at
    “very pleased after our first week” in most popular…it will give you our progress over the 4 months to give you an idea what’s possible!

Thanks to you both for thr replies!

Couscous:

Thanks for he info. I was only asking to make sure it was safe enouh to exercise and things in fasting days, so thank you for answering that question.

symba7:

I’ll do what you suggested, give 5:2 a try for a month it or so, then move to 4:3 if I feel I can. Did you lose 29 lbs each or in total together? And thanks for the referend to your post, I’ll go check it out. Looking to loae about 30 lbs in about 4/5 months, so almost the same timeframe you and your husband did it in.

Again, thanks to you both!

Hi Lyn,

Yes we lost 28 lb each, I think I got to 29 lb at one stage, we seemed to chase each other with the weight loss which was good. We are 66 years old. So excerise can be challenging with arthritis etc.

Good Fast days……

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.