Looking for reassurance

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Looking for reassurance

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  2fast2furious 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi everybody,

I guess I’m just looking for a little reassurance. I’ve been on the 5:2 diet for about 5 weeks now, had my 10th fast day yesterday and my 5th weigh in this morning.
    I’ve lost 4lbs the first week, 3 the second and about 2 in the third and fourth week. I stand at a total weight loss of about 10lbs now. When I went on the scale this morning I was a little shocked to see a weight gain of almost an entire lbs. Please tell me it’s normal. I’m quite heavy, have a BMI of 38 so weight loss should be quicker in the early stages (I lost 70lbs a few years ago via low carb before getting pregnant and piling on the pounds again). I’ve not really done anything differently this week than the weeks before… A bit demotivated tbh and I really want to stick to it so need motivation.

Thanks.

mvex

Hi mvex:

The average loss is a little less than a pound a week. You have lost 11 pounds in 5 weeks. What is your question?

Yes, it’s normal and can be a mass of things such as your hormonal cycle, water retention, electrolyte shifts, DOMS (if you’ve been active), or even a TMI gut issue that means you’re retaining rather than eliminating for a couple of days.

If you have any questions for which you’d like advice or other fasters’ experience, then it might help other people to help you if you can create a profile with as much detail as to your health/age/height/weight as you consider relevant.

Good luck with the 5:2 as you progress towards your goal.

Weight definitely fluctuates up and down, and it always feels slower than you deserve after the sacrifice of not eating as much as you want every day! Just keep going. You will get the results over time if you keep going and keep the calories low enough. xx

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.